Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F10 M5 (2012 - Current)

F10 M5 (2012 - Current)
The count down is on. The BMW M5 F10 will be released on April 1st, 2011!

Old 05-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 M5 MONTE CARLO BLUE
M5 color choice

I was looking for some advice on two color choices for a M5. After about 1 month of searching and negociating I have finally found two M5'S that I am trying to decide between. This is after I thought I was going to end up in a E 63 AMG last week. Well things have changed. The two M5'S are identical in options. Both have driver assistance, executive package, full leather, and bang & olfsen sound. They both msrp for about $ 108,000.00. The one issue I am having is trying to decide between the two color choices. They are my two favorites. One is monte carlo blue with silverstone leather. The other is sakhir orange with black leather. I really like them both but I am having a tough time making a decision. The monte carlo blue one is new and after trade it is about $ 3000.00 to $ 3600.00 more than the sakhir orange one that has 4100 miles on it. The difference between the two would actually be about $ 8000.00 but the bmw dealer selling the new monte carlo blue one is giving me $ 5000.00 more for my trade. The other issue making the decision tough for me is the bmw dealer with the used one ( sakhir orange) is my local dealer were all my services would be done. The other one is about 16 hours away from me. Any helpful advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Ads by Google
Old 05-29-2013, 02:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 M5
Nice choices to have. I think you like the idea of letting someone else take the depreciation. However, after having read these forums top to bottom on the M5s, I think there are more problems with the earlier 2012 production models. If the Sahkir and Black isn't later than 11/2012 then I would go with the Blue and Silverstone. You can transfer the service to your local dealer and any of the additional coverage you want, buy it with them.

My car is production date 03/13 and it's flawless so far, knocking on wood here. I have seen so many complaints about this or that thing wrong on those earlier production cars. You might be buying trouble with an older car. Remember this is a new car for the most part. I am glad I got a recent production date.

You should go over to f10.m5post.com to see some of the problems that earlier owners have had.

Last edited by wrsbmw; 05-29-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
Nice choices to have. I think you like the idea of letting someone else take the depreciation. However, after having read these forums top to bottom on the M5's, I think there are more problems with the earlier 2012 production models. If the Sahkir and Black isn't later than 11/2012 then I would go with the Blue and Silverstone. You can transfer the service to your local dealer and any of the additional coverage you want, buy it with them.

My car is production date 03/13 and it's flawless so far, knocking on wood here. I have seen so many complaints about this or that thing wrong on those earlier production cars. You might be buying trouble with an older car. Remember this is a new car for the most part. I am glad I got a recent production date.

You should go over to f10.m5post.com to see some of the problems that earlier owners have had.
Thanks for the info. The Monte Carlo blue one has a production date of 11/12 and has 50 miles on it. I also just noticed that on 4/30 it had a wiring harness / headliner incorrect connection that has been repaired. I am checking on the sahkir orange one for the production date. Thanks. I actually test drove the blue one and it seemed fine.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:42 PM

Mein Auto: E63 AMG, 750 Active7
You can service the car anywhere you like, you don't have to service it where you bought it from
And as for colors your on your own, the two choices your deciding from are none i would ever consider.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
Hope you have bought your M5 in Monte Carlo blue!
Old 06-19-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibin.vrs View Post
Hope you have bought your M5 in Monte Carlo blue!
I did. MCB/silver stone interior.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
Oh. Upload some pics.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibin.vrs View Post
Oh. Upload some pics.
When I get the car I will. It is currently enroute from Chicago.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:10 PM

Mein Auto: Saab
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTC View Post
When I get the car I will. It is currently enroute from Chicago.
I think i was in your car, Perillo BMW, manual trans? it was on the showroom floor with a sold sticker. What did you pay?
Old 06-21-2013, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeriley View Post
I think i was in your car, Perillo BMW, manual trans? it was on the showroom floor with a sold sticker. What did you pay?
That's the car.