Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 06-24-2013, 09:55 AM

Mein Auto: Toyota Corrola
Please give me you input on pricing

Hi,

As its the end of the month/quarter, im hoping to get as good of a deal on a BMW as possible.

Based on the items below, what would be a good deal? Am I out of line thinking I could get the car below invoice?

X3 28i
Driver Assist
Premium Package
Heated Front Seats
Nav Package

Total MSRP: $47,325

Your help is GREATLY appreciated!

Ben
Ads by Google
Old 06-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Print this page and show to the dealer http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/bmw/x3-pricing/
Ask them if there are people paying 7 to 8% off MSRP, why can't they do the same. I was aiming to get 8% off a custom order, but was talked into buying off the lot ( the options were quite similar). They gave me 9% off. It was also end of quarter/month.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
If you can find a 2013 left over on the lot with those options, you might be able to get it at a bit below invoice, but if you are looking at a 2014, forget it.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Bimmefest Plasti-Dip Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to Teemo Panda
Mein Auto: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3

Don't forget to get the lightning package or else you are going to regret it!

Btw, it's a nice deal IMO~

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 06-24-2013, 06:15 PM

Mein Auto: Toyota Corrola
what is it about the xenon lighting package you think is so great? Im not very familiar with it.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:33 PM

Mein Auto: Bimmer
It's how your x looked by other people outside of your viehcle, like xenon (blue-ish headlight), angel ring (DRL). Well xenon might help your vision a bit over the conventional halogen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwomp View Post
what is it about the xenon lighting package you think is so great? Im not very familiar with it.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X328i
TrueCar only gives you prices that people are paying for a specific make/model car, then suggests a "good" number based on the median. It makes money from generating leads and converting those leads into customers.

Visit Edmunds.com and calculate the "invoice" price of your vehicle with options. That's where you should start the negotiating. That's not the true cost of the car for the dealer. Aim for 5%-8% below "invoice."
Old 06-24-2013, 07:30 PM

Mein Auto: X3 28i

Actually go to bmwconfig.com and get the invoice pricing from there.

As for the Xenons, they do make a big difference for night driving and I would recommend them to anyone.

2014 X3 28i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Black 'Nevada' Leather - Brushed Aluminum - Cold Weather - Driver Assistance with Top View - Lighting - Premium - Technology - Satin Aluminum Roof rails - Rear manual side window shades
Old 06-24-2013, 07:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_VA View Post
TrueCar only gives you prices that people are paying for a specific make/model car, then suggests a "good" number based on the median. It makes money from generating leads and converting those leads into customers.

Visit Edmunds.com and calculate the "invoice" price of your vehicle with options. That's where you should start the negotiating. That's not the true cost of the car for the dealer. Aim for 5%-8% below "invoice."
Invoice for X3 is about 7% off MSRP. You said 5% to 8% below invoice, that then is 12~15% off MSRP. That's not possible without BMW incentive or military discount.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:52 AM

Mein Auto: X3 3.0d M-Sport (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfan View Post
Actually go to bmwconfig.com and get the invoice pricing from there.

As for the Xenons, they do make a big difference for night driving and I would recommend them to anyone.

Yes - I have had xenons in the past and I didn't have on my last BMW (330d SE). Got them this time and wow! Absolutely amazing at night - and they are VERY cool during the day with the LED angel eyes. Plus you get the LED strips on the back lights as well.

IMHO the standard lights cheapen the whole look of the car.

Pricing for me (in UK) total cost of car including maintenance $72k - after dealer discount - $65 or 42.5k I could have got more if I financed the car, but I paid cash.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
2013 3.0d X3 M-sport Deep Sea Blue, Black Leather, Xenons, DIRAC Professional Sound sytem, Pro Nav, 19" Wheels, Tinted windows, Folding Mirrors, PDC, ASS, DAB Radio, Aluminium trim inc roof bars
Old 06-25-2013, 10:22 AM
On our 2nd Alpine X

Mein Auto: 06 X3/2010 MCSC
Your best guide is comparative shopping. Email different dealers. I got my 2014 at 6.5%.
I think 5-7% is the area. On a 2013 off the lot I would tell them what you have in mind and try to get close.
GONE>>>Sold. One of the best rides I ever owned. My 1st BMW-2006 X3 3.0 White w/blk. Prem/Nav/Sirius/Servo/Heated seats,steering/Park Dist./Xenon/Privacy.I got the auto. trans. so my wife can drive it.
Our 2nd Bimmer2014 X3 i35 Alpine/Chestnut. Nav,Prem,Tech,Cold Weather, Shades. Got the Automatic cause we had no choice
My 1st Mini-2010 PW, I got the 6 speed so my wife can't drive it. Laurel Edition Convert
Old 06-25-2013, 10:22 AM

Mein Auto: 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbiology View Post
Invoice for X3 is about 7% off MSRP. You said 5% to 8% below invoice, that then is 12~15% off MSRP. That's not possible without BMW incentive or military discount.
Yup, 8% off and then another 8% off is ED pricing. Not gonna happen on a vehicle built in the states, unless you get very lucky with a car that is sitting on a lot.

Second ED ???
Old 06-25-2013, 08:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3
Are you familiar with the Ultimate Driving Event? Attending will earn you a discount of $1000 on a new vehicle. I'm near Cleveland and going to the event on Friday. Hopefully getting my X3 on Sunday. What part of Ohio are you from?