Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)

F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
The 2 Series coupe is the replacement for the E82/E88 1 series coupe. Production starts in November 2013 on the 228i (N20) and M235i (N55) coupes. Look for them in dealerships in February 2014. The convertible F23 2 series will follow in the fall of 2014.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E92 335i Coupe
Post BMW Concept Active Tourer to Join the 2 Series Line-Up in 2014

BMW Concept Active Tourer

The first showing of the BMW Concept Active Tourer was at the Paris Motor Show and then once again it was shown off at the New York Auto Show. All this time we weren't exactly sure where this new model would land in the BMW line-up. Now, Auto Express has a source that tells them the BMW CAT (Concept Active Tourer) will wind up in the 2 Series Line-Up.

This does not make a ton of sense given the fact that the 2 Series should include coupe/convertible styles and the Active Tourer is scheduled to arrive with four doors - first with five seats and later with seven. Auto Express speculates that this may end up being called the 2 Series GT but it is just speculation at this point.

The Concept Active Tourer will be the first BMW to utilize a front wheel drive system and one of the first cars to use BMW's new modular 1.5-liter 3-cylinder turbocharged motors. The car was originally labeled a hybrid so we would expect to see a hybrid variant when official details get released from BMW in the coming months.

What do you think about the Concept Active Tourer? Would it sell in the United States?
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2013, 03:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Passat
1.5 liter hybrid what about the Sun.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
BMW is following Hyundai and Toyota.... Models after models

Meh.... Boring
Old 07-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Dreaming of Track Days

Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
FWD? No thanks, I'll just buy a GTI or Focus if I want that.
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................