Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 05-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Bmw F01 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamlord View Post
The question is, is it worth all the trouble? Whatever option you choose, it's gonna be visible. And you can't wax it and it won't shine like the rest of the car.

And after awhile if you have accumulated lots of rock chips, you can always repaint the front and have a brand new fresh paint. Costs comparable or slightly more than the clearbra with prof. Installation but I don't think it's an enormous amount of money for a 7series owner..
Just my .99 euro cents
i totally agree with you, to each their own but,
It is not only about 7 series, i think if you have another daily driven car which you dont want to spend that much money, at the same time you dont want it too look bad since you are a car enthusiast, this is an alternative. offcourse if you have a 7 series or any 100k car vinyl is not expensive, even my 7 has it. but for my c class and accord i dont wanna spend $700 each so i thought this was a good option for DIYers. repainting bumpers is kind of timestaking and impractical if you can protect it before anything happens IMO

Last edited by pranavf01; 05-18-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 750Li X-Drive
My tint guy (does great work) will clear bra the nose of the 750 for $295.

But good point, the spray may be an option for my other seldom driven cars at the right price. In fact, why not spray other parts of the car? My old e36 has picked up various nicks and scratches over the year, especially on the doors near the handles and the rear bumper.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoX750Li View Post
My tint guy (does great work) will clear bra the nose of the 750 for $295.

But good point, the spray may be an option for my other seldom driven cars at the right price. In fact, why not spray other parts of the car? My old e36 has picked up various nicks and scratches over the year, especially on the doors near the handles and the rear bumper.
yea you can just do rocker pannel, mirrors, rear bumper or edges of the bumpers . since its a spray you can just about do it anywhere with decent skills. I did my accord grill because i drive so long every day the chrome pretty much got sand blasted, my friend even did his wheels. so for applications like that i feel its good.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aom7 View Post
I'm curious about this. Can the OP do a test panel somewhere on the car, maybe with before/after photos (Would love to see how clear it dries, preferrably on a dark car)? And then see how easy it is to "peel" it off?)
Here You go, I will have the peel off video soon
Old 05-27-2013, 07:31 PM

Mein Auto: 750 Li
Ok, its a spray on - cool idea. But dont you need to spray a LOT of it to really make it protective against rocks, etc. It has to be thick enough to protect it. I bet you need a lot of cans. I wonder it it comes off as easy with many coats.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:50 PM

Here is a Removal video, if you guys are wondering how it comes out.