Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 07-05-2013, 09:00 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Talking Production number

I just got my production number today and im tracking it online at bmw usa.com and it says production begins. Does anyone know how long until I get my vin number or until I can watch my car being built or even when it will be done.
Ads by Google
Old 07-05-2013, 09:01 PM

speedometer

Does anyone know how much the mph is off by? I heard it was 4mph but is it faster or slower ?
Old 07-06-2013, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Production number

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermann882 View Post
Does anyone know how much the mph is off by? I heard it was 4mph but is it faster or slower ?
About right, at highway speeds. Over 10 years / five bimmers it seems about 3-5 mph over 'actual' at around 65 mph.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Quote:
I just got my production number today and im tracking it online at bmw usa.com and it says production begins. Does anyone know how long until I get my vin number or until I can watch my car being built or even when it will be done.
Welcome to the 'Fest!

Your questions are discussed under several existing threads in this forum. Lot's of info about prod phases, timing, etc. The cancellation of the individual production video program as of 1 April is also discussed. And the fact that info about an individual build on the bmwusa lags actual status by up to several days is also discussed.

There are videos on the bmwusafactory.com website that show the three phases (body, paint, assembly) in detail and explain why "production" begins way before "construction" starts.

Give the search and browse a try. I'll check back after work today.

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine
Old 07-06-2013, 08:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 Z4 35is
Don't blink!

I ordered my wife's X3 on a Saturday and it was sitting at the dealer 2.5 weeks later.

You'll probably have the car before the production status updates on the site. Site status is notoriously slow at updating.

Haven't ever measured the X3 but my 335 (E90) showed 3mph faster then actual speed.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:51 AM

Thank you
Old 07-06-2013, 09:58 AM

When i put in the production number and it pulls up my build status it shows me my packages i got but not what roof rails (it has both colors) not what i picked or any detailed things... it just shows what the packages are offered.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:09 PM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Quote:
When i put in the production number and it pulls up my build status it shows me my packages i got but not what roof rails (it has both colors) not what i picked or any detailed things... it just shows what the packages are offered.
The website is a novelty for entertainment only, in my opinion. You will not see your actual packages as ordered until after they finish the car (probably - based on reports people have posted here). You are seeing generic info for the base vehicle now.

If you want real information, ask your salesperson or call the 800 number. If you want to confirm if they got the order right, get your salesperson to print out the order from the BMW order system. The recording or the customer service folks at the 800 number (I just posted instructions on how to check that this last week) also have good info.

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine