Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Old 07-02-2013, 05:00 AM
John & Kris Aiken SC

Mein Auto: "13 335i Conver & "14 X6
Ordered 2014 X6

Hi We have a "14 X6 ordered. BMW Phone System says it went to Assembly Code 153 on the 27th with completion on June 28th.
The last couple of days it continues to say the same thing even though it is now July 2nd and it still says Completion on the 28th of June....talking to the CSR at BMW is of no use as they seem to only have the same info that I get on their phone system and our own BMW web Site.

Is BMW Production in SC usually that far behind on updating their systems? What is the average time an X6 vehicle spends in Assembly? Does my local Dealer have a different access to the schedule that BMW phone Reps?
Many Thanks
John Aiken SC
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X5
status 150 means production started. anything after 150 out of the factory in a week.

your car should be ready for delivery in 3 weeks if not shorter.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:41 AM
John & Kris Aiken SC

Thanks Timing Delivery Update

zz6938: Thanks for the response. Our dealer says they are often way behind in posting updates and that the car may be here when it is still showing assembly. Oh well just have to wait. On a positive note our dealer says that they most likely will deliver it with a 2 or 3 car transport vs waiting for a full semi loaded transport due to the short distance ( 3 to 4 hrs from the factory to Augusta GA.
John Aiken SC
Old 07-08-2013, 05:27 AM
John & Kris Aiken SC

BMW Tracking System POOR

On our ordered 2014 X6 we have been using the BMW phone and live person to track. As of June 30th it is still in 153 Assembly....the issue is that every day including today the 8th of July it says "being assembled and completion June 28th 2013".

Guess BMW is way behind on updating or at this stage doesn't care to spend time updating the system for customers. They could at least give a statement that they are weeks behind in tracking updates. And our dealer has the same info and CS at BMW can't explain the discrepancy.
John Aiken SC
Old 07-23-2013, 11:29 AM
John & Kris Aiken SC

2014 X6 Arrival

Well at last, after sitting in "released to carrier" for 7 days our new X 6 arrived at the dealership last night Dealership was closed so they took it off the carrier and left a note on it that they scratched in in the process Our friend the Sales Mgr said this morning that they were all panicked till they saw it was only a small one on the plastic bumper which is no big deal to fix ( being detailed, fixed and pain and fabric protector added. He said if it was any metal they would have refused it....thank God it wasn't.

We get to get it Thurs am.so 2 more days and it will have a new home in Aiken SC along with our BMW "13 convertible.
John
Old 07-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by john&kris View Post
Well at last, after sitting in "released to carrier" for 7 days our new X 6 arrived at the dealership last night Dealership was closed so they took it off the carrier and left a note on it that they scratched in in the process Our friend the Sales Mgr said this morning that they were all panicked till they saw it was only a small one on the plastic bumper which is no big deal to fix ( being detailed, fixed and pain and fabric protector added. He said if it was any metal they would have refused it....thank God it wasn't.

We get to get it Thurs am.so 2 more days and it will have a new home in Aiken SC along with our BMW "13 convertible.
John
i am glad you are getting your car soon. sorry to hear that about the scratch. I would have been so annoyed.
i think i was on target with my original estimate of 3 weeks if not little shorter.

As long as you are happy and satisfied the rest does not matter.
Hope you will enjoy the car. I think it is a blast to drive.