Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:32 PM
745i Blk-Blk

Mein Auto: 2005 745i s
Copy. My long work schedule ends tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:34 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Mein Auto: Ford Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBMW7ser05 View Post
Copy. My long work schedule ends tomorrow.
time for a break LoL ...
Old 07-03-2013, 09:38 AM
745i Blk-Blk

Yes sir...
Old 07-08-2013, 08:55 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

THANKS for coming by Pete .

Well Pete came by today to help me out & let me test my phone on his car .

LET ME EXPLAIN =

A couple days ago my car stopped letting me know of text
I was getting & stopped asking me if I wanted it to read
my text & if I wanted to reply . Now I thought maybe my
Bluetooth TCU was going out . Thankfully it is still fully
functional , Just not with My Galaxy Note 2 anymore .
I received an alert a couple days ago about a small update
for my phone , & without thinking I clicked update & just forgot
about it . Well I should have not hit update , cause now I am
having problems with the car alerting me of text , reading me my
text & letting me reply to my text . All hands free without ever
touching my phone .

So anyway Pete was nice enough to come by & let
me test my phone in his car
( it was also not working in his car ) .
& then he tested his Phone in my car & everything
was functioning as it should .

After Pete left I tested My buddys Iphone 5 & it
also did not work the way it is suppose to .
( hands free without touching the phone when a text comes in )

I know there are very few phones that actually have the option
My Galaxy Note 2 did work til the update .Petes windows Nokia 822
for sure that I have tested . I have heard many people claim the Iphone 5
But I think we would have to ask what software & firmware version they are
on & if it is entirely hands free without touching the phone .
Old 07-08-2013, 09:04 PM
745i Blk-Blk

As much work as you've done on my car, no prob brother.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:41 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Re: Bluetooth Module install

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBMW7ser05 View Post
As much work as you've done on my car, no prob brother.

Thanks again Bro .
I'm thinking of just rooting my phone
& downgrading back to the old software .
1st ill wait a week or 2 to see if samsung
Comes out with a fix

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-09-2013, 03:35 PM
BMW Enthusiast

Mein Auto: 2004 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
Thanks again Bro .
I'm thinking of just rooting my phone
& downgrading back to the old software .
1st ill wait a week or 2 to see if samsung
Comes out with a fix

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Its a problem with the Jelly bean update, Samsung isn't the problem here, is the Google software installation.

http://smartphones.wonderhowto.com/h...evice-0140738/

You can reset your Bluetooth device so that all the settings get back to normal and then connect it with your device. Hopefully the problem will get solved.

Check out the settings of Bluetooth. There must be something which youíre still missing to touch. Make sure the Bluetooth and device are sync well.

When Bluetooth device is connected then youíll see a notification related to connectivity. Tap on the settings gear there and make sure you check both media and call options.

If youíve paired your device and facing the problem then you need to unpair it first and then do the pairing again.

This one you may like or may not. Itís an app known by Cyberon Voice. It is available in lots of languages but you need to pay for it. The app is worth of its price and available at the GooglePlay store. Installing this app will solve every problem that youíre facing right now with Bluetooth connectivity.

Hopefully works if not rooting and install the old firmware will be the solution...

Old 07-09-2013, 05:07 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher745Li View Post
Its a problem with the Jelly bean update, Samsung isn't the problem here, is the Google software installation.

http://smartphones.wonderhowto.com/h...evice-0140738/

You can reset your Bluetooth device so that all the settings get back to normal and then connect it with your device. Hopefully the problem will get solved.

Check out the settings of Bluetooth. There must be something which you're still missing to touch. Make sure the Bluetooth and device are sync well.

When Bluetooth device is connected then you'll see a notification related to connectivity. Tap on the settings gear there and make sure you check both media and call options.

If you've paired your device and facing the problem then you need to unpair it first and then do the pairing again.

This one you may like or may not. It's an app known by Cyberon Voice. It is available in lots of languages but you need to pay for it. The app is worth of its price and available at the GooglePlay store. Installing this app will solve every problem that you're facing right now with Bluetooth connectivity.

Hopefully works if not rooting and install the old firmware will be the solution...
The Bluetooth problem your referring to has to do with Google Now
& had issue's in July of 2012 when it was released there was a fix for
this last year. We are now in July of 2013 & well past the problem you
are posting about .

Beside Google Now

" which is an intelligent personal assistant developed by Google that
is available within the Google Search mobile application for the Android
and iOS operating systems. "

LINK =
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Now

& I am not using Google Now !!!

The problem is the update removes " BLUETOOTH MAP PROFILES "
from the Device / Phone ...

I have a European Version Galaxy Note so My Updates are slightly different from the U.S version

Last edited by PAPER; 07-09-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:13 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

here is an explanation of BLUETOOTH MAP PROFILES .

LINK =
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

" Bluetooth profile
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Bluetooth logo

A Bluetooth profile is a specification regarding an aspect of Bluetooth-based wireless communication between devices. In order to use Bluetooth technology, a device must be compatible with the subset of Bluetooth profiles necessary to use the desired services. A Bluetooth profile resides on top of the Bluetooth Core Specification and (optionally) additional protocols. While the profile may use certain features of the core specification, specific versions of profiles are rarely tied to specific versions of the core specification. For example, there are Hands-Free Profile (HFP) 1.5 implementations using both Bluetooth 2.0 and Bluetooth 1.2 core specifications.

The way a device uses Bluetooth technology depends on its profile capabilities. The profiles provide standards which manufacturers follow to allow devices to use Bluetooth in the intended manner. For the Bluetooth low energy stack according to Bluetooth V4.0 a special set of profiles applies.

At a maximum, each profile specification contains information on the following topics:

Dependencies on other formats
Suggested user interface formats
Specific parts of the Bluetooth protocol stack used by the profile. To perform its task, each profile uses particular options and parameters at each layer of the stack. This may include an outline of the required service record, if appropriate.

This article summarizes the current definitions and possible applications of each profile. "

" Message Access Profile (MAP)

Message Access Profile (MAP)[4] specification allows exchange of messages between devices. Mostly used for automotive handsfree use. The MAP profile can also be used for other uses that require the exchange of messages between two devices. The automotive Hands-Free use case is where an on-board terminal device (typically an electronic device as a Car-Kit installed in the car) can talk via messaging capability to another communication device (typically a mobile phone). For example, Bluetooth MAP is used by HP Send and receive text (SMS) messages from a Palm/HP smartphone to an HP TouchPad tablet.[5] Bluetooth MAP is used by Ford in select SYNC Generation 1-equipped 2011 and 2012 vehicles [6] and also by BMW with many of their iDrive systems. The Lexus LX and GS 2013 models both also support MAP as does the Honda CRV 2012, Acura 2013 and ILX 2013. Apple introduced Bluetooth MAP in iOS 6 for the iPhone and iPad. "

Last edited by PAPER; 07-09-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:34 PM
BMW Enthusiast

Mein Auto: 2004 745LI
Re: Bluetooth Module install

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
here is an explanation of BLUETOOTH MAP PROFILES .

LINK =
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

" Bluetooth profile
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Bluetooth logo

A Bluetooth profile is a specification regarding an aspect of Bluetooth-based wireless communication between devices. In order to use Bluetooth technology, a device must be compatible with the subset of Bluetooth profiles necessary to use the desired services. A Bluetooth profile resides on top of the Bluetooth Core Specification and (optionally) additional protocols. While the profile may use certain features of the core specification, specific versions of profiles are rarely tied to specific versions of the core specification. For example, there are Hands-Free Profile (HFP) 1.5 implementations using both Bluetooth 2.0 and Bluetooth 1.2 core specifications.

The way a device uses Bluetooth technology depends on its profile capabilities. The profiles provide standards which manufacturers follow to allow devices to use Bluetooth in the intended manner. For the Bluetooth low energy stack according to Bluetooth V4.0 a special set of profiles applies.

At a maximum, each profile specification contains information on the following topics:

Dependencies on other formats
Suggested user interface formats
Specific parts of the Bluetooth protocol stack used by the profile. To perform its task, each profile uses particular options and parameters at each layer of the stack. This may include an outline of the required service record, if appropriate.

This article summarizes the current definitions and possible applications of each profile. "

" Message Access Profile (MAP)

Message Access Profile (MAP)[4] specification allows exchange of messages between devices. Mostly used for automotive handsfree use. The MAP profile can also be used for other uses that require the exchange of messages between two devices. The automotive Hands-Free use case is where an on-board terminal device (typically an electronic device as a Car-Kit installed in the car) can talk via messaging capability to another communication device (typically a mobile phone). For example, Bluetooth MAP is used by HP Send and receive text (SMS) messages from a Palm/HP smartphone to an HP TouchPad tablet.[5] Bluetooth MAP is used by Ford in select SYNC Generation 1-equipped 2011 and 2012 vehicles [6] and also by BMW with many of their iDrive systems. The Lexus LX and GS 2013 models both also support MAP as does the Honda CRV 2012, Acura 2013 and ILX 2013. Apple introduced Bluetooth MAP in iOS 6 for the iPhone and iPad. "
So then just root and go back to the older firmware

Sent from my SPH-L720 using BimmerApp mobile app