Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 05-01-2013, 08:39 PM

Mein Auto: BMW-525i
I would like to code my car with these great features.

I'll be visiting france this month, can someone tell me where can I find the cable in France?
Old 05-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ///M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by albloushi View Post
I would like to code my car with these great features.

I'll be visiting france this month, can someone tell me where can I find the cable in France?
Ebay with international shipping is probably your best and easiest bet.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:49 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335xi, 2009 750LI
do you guys feel its better to leave the side mirros unfolded in parking lots so if some idiot opens the door too wide the mirror will stop it rather than the door panel? i don't mind scratches on my mirrors, unless of course they break the whole mirror.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 750Li xDrive
Question The Best Coding Features to Add

Hi BFers....

I have a question to all of the guys and gals on the board that have coded their BMW.

My car is a 2010 750Li xDrive and I would like to know which features and changes are the best ones to enable on the my vehicle.

I would like the following:

- Side Mirrors fold / unfold
- Truck - Key Fob & Button
- DVD in motion
- Side View in Motion
- Rear - In Motion
- Auto Lock Doors - when car shutoff

Are they any features that the group thinks are a must have that I don't have listed.

Thanks in advance for the great feedback!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Brevity = soul of wit

Mein Auto: F10
Thanks for the kind words rufnck.

@ JerzeeB

I would add tire pressure and temp. readings from TPMS on screen + legal disclaimers disable + a few other things. Sent you a PM.

Anyone interested, please contact me. I will be in NJ (Hackensack area tomorrow). call text: two zero three nine one six one six two eight.
Thanks.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:18 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Re: Finally got the car coded and wondering why I waited so long

Trying to get my TPMS to read values instead of just green tires. Any ideas?

by HTC One
Old 07-02-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Trying to get my TPMS to read values instead of just green tires. Any ideas?

by HTC One
I don't believe this function is supported on your model year. It is only for later model years.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335xi, 2009 750LI
cable shipped, now waiting...
Old 07-02-2013, 12:37 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
I don't believe this function is supported on your model year. It is only for later model years.
My coder and I are scouring the web for more info... He believes it may be a Firmware specific to the TPMS module. Not necessarily the year. I believe it is possible too because there are "--" in front of the Pressure and Temp which tells me, numerical values should be there.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5 50i M Sport
Re: Finally got the car coded and wondering why I waited so long

I do not get numbers on mine. For some reason certain models and years do not get the actual reading

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-02-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
My coder and I are scouring the web for more info... He believes it may be a Firmware specific to the TPMS module. Not necessarily the year. I believe it is possible too because there are "--" in front of the Pressure and Temp which tells me, numerical values should be there.
That is correct. TPMS is a bit different in later model year cars from what I understand also.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 740 Li
Has anyone been able to confirm/deny if they can code the high-beam function to the "adaptive high beams" (or whatever the term is they use for that specific tech)?

2013 740 Li
2007 G35 (trade-in)
2003 Z06 (Black, 50th Anniversary)
2001 Z06 (Torch Red)
Old 07-02-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popoemt View Post
Has anyone been able to confirm/deny if they can code the high-beam function to the "adaptive high beams" (or whatever the term is they use for that specific tech)?
Yes, I did mine. Some work fine. Some cars with a bit later software work only if the lights come on after the car is already driving, then the high beam assist is default on. That is how mine is (High beam assist not auto on if lights trigger on immediately when car is started, but if they come on after car is already running high beam assist is on). Oddly, even older software didn't have this issue, then was updated and this issue cropped up. Then software updated again and now high beam assist works ok again. Hope that makes sense.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 740 Li
Finally got the car coded and wondering why I waited so long

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
Yes, I did mine. Some work fine. Some cars with a bit later software work only if the lights come on after the car is already driving, then the high beam assist is default on. That is how mine is (High beam assist not auto on if lights trigger on immediately when car is started, but if they come on after car is already running high beam assist is on). Oddly, even older software didn't have this issue, then was updated and this issue cropped up. Then software updated again and now high beam assist works ok again. Hope that makes sense.
You can now have it where the high beams stay on with approaching traffic, but outline the oncoming traffic to avoid glaring them, or yours just turn on and off automatically?

My post was referring to the high beams staying on constantly (like some of the videos on this forum have shown), and not just the "auto" feature that clicks them on and completely off when traffic approaches. V/r, Tim

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

2013 740 Li
2007 G35 (trade-in)
2003 Z06 (Black, 50th Anniversary)
2001 Z06 (Torch Red)
Old 07-02-2013, 05:58 PM
2009 F02

Mein Auto: 750li, XJ8
so, I ordered the cable, that gets you hooked up with your laptop, what software do you use to actually do the programming? instructions?

2009 750Li - Space Grau Metallic, Camera pkg, Conv pkg, Driver Asst pkg, Lux Seat pkg, Lux rear seat pkg, Prem sound pkg, Sport pkg, HUD, Massaging rear seats, Smartphone integration, Sat radio, MTEC H8 4750K Halo lights
Old 07-02-2013, 10:10 PM

Mein Auto: 11' 750i, 14' Bentley GTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhughes420384 View Post
so, I ordered the cable, that gets you hooked up with your laptop, what software do you use to actually do the programming? instructions?
Here you go; http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175

Old 07-10-2013, 11:51 AM

Mein Auto: 335i convertible
Wink Coding

Can you guide me in the right direction on how to go about coding a 2013-F01?
Thanks
Old 07-10-2013, 11:53 AM

Mein Auto: 335i convertible
Anyone knows someone in South East Florida? that can help with the coding issue
Old 06-27-2014, 09:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
Big shout out and thanks to octopump (Richard)!

Wonderful guy of great character with whom you can talk on many levels; autos, tech, society, politics, business; just a solid, solid guy.

He coded my car last night at the Autostrade Auto Show in Glen Cove, NY and didn't move on to his next client until he was sure I was completely happy with all of the results! Gave me his full and undivided attention.

Highly recommended. The best.

Last edited by dbs600; 06-27-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:21 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 750li, Mercedes SL600
OMG.
BMW updated the software on all modules and all my coding is gone. I am just realizing how cool these features were!
I am now bumping into the door because a single pull opened it. Feel like a dummy

Re-coding a going to a real pain. The SSD on my Macbook Air booked it and along with that my Windows VM with the installed software on it. Now everything again from scratch
Old 07-19-2014, 06:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 750Li X-Drive
Has anyone here tried coding with the BMWhat app?

If it does what you want, might be easier than getting your VM loaded and running again.

***** I looked at it on the iPhone App Store, does not look like it supports coding for the F01 yet *****

Last edited by GeoX750Li; 07-19-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:05 AM

Mein Auto: 750li
Do you have to have a coding background to learn how to do this??
Old 07-23-2014, 08:54 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gua View Post
Do you have to have a coding background to learn how to do this??
Nope, it is easier than you think once you get all the software and your coding environment set up. There are very good instructions on the coding forum.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:26 PM
1st Time Bimmer (F02)...

Mein Auto: 2011 750Li Xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufnck View Post
Update: octopump coded my car; great job thank you!! Anyone in NYC/Long Island looking to have it done, he's comes well recommended.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
he will be coding my car probably this weekend. just waiting for my cable to arrive, which should be this friday.