Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 07-08-2013, 01:51 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Exclamation OV: Strongest M6/F13 I've Seen!

When I say "strong"... I mean "Presence!"

Perfect Color on car and the contrasting calipers give this particular 6 an "Exotic" look. Of course with over 500hp & 500ft/lb... That presence is backed up with solid power!

I'd rock til' the wheels fell off...

Old 07-08-2013, 02:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5, 2013 740Li
OV: Strongest M6/F13 I've Seen!

Guy I work with has the same car minus the rims but he just bought it last week. It's a beautiful car with or without the D2 rims.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-08-2013, 04:03 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Re: OV: Strongest M6/F13 I've Seen!

Everything... Can benefit from shoes and a drop.

by HTC One
Old 07-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Mein Auto: 2013 750i

Love the car but ghetto wheels.

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:04 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF01 View Post
Love the car but ghetto wheels.

Chris... You've been cool people... Until now.

Without going into a whole rant about the use of the word "ghetto" (which I'm sure you know nothing of) I will simply say:

1. These wheels are far from what you would refer to as ghetto.

2. Choosing the word ghetto to describe something you/one does not like is actually lame.

I guess I've chosen not to demean the poor and unfortunate by classifying things that I otherwise consider: lame, whack, distasteful, or even ugly as 'ghetto'.

Now as a point of reference, these I would consider whack and or lame:

#justsayin
Old 07-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 750Li
Great set up and stance for sure. Just not a big fan of orange. Slap another hot sporty color on there and I would be all over it. To each his own.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:40 PM

Mein Auto: E65 750i Sport,C5 z51 e46
THATS a badass ride and some sick wheels... I almost got a similar set for my viper but wasn't in the mood to drop 8g's.. Love that setup. def nothing ghetto about those!!
e46 328i Prem Aw18" 335spt whls(sold)
c5 Corvette 6sp,z51,2"drp,19"ccw'sshrt shft,corsa exh,dd nav
e53 X5 3.0, pana rf,nav,xenon,cldweather, premium.ipod hookup, 20"4.6rims staggered 315rrs.
e65 750I aw, sport. chrome21's,acs pdls,acs rfsplr,mtecs,8k hid fogs,Leds.oem ipod&sirius
Srt10 VIPER, 19-20" rennen forgedwheels,tune,exhaust,intake.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard109 View Post
Great set up and stance for sure. Just not a big fan of orange. Slap another hot sporty color on there and I would be all over it. To each his own.
Yeah, never been into the oranges and blues i see alot of M models in. Personal favorite color on the M6 is Singapore Grey. Someone in my building here in LA has a blue M5 that they put some kind of translucent wrap on that gave it a matte finish. Looks pretty cool but still not for me.

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue
Old 07-08-2013, 08:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 740 Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamG13 View Post
Yeah, never been into the oranges and blues i see alot of M models in. Personal favorite color on the M6 is Singapore Grey. Someone in my building here in LA has a blue M5 that they put some kind of translucent wrap on that gave it a matte finish. Looks pretty cool but still not for me.
+1 on the singapore grey, especially with the blue calipers.... sick combo...

2013 740 Li
2007 G35 (trade-in)
2003 Z06 (Black, 50th Anniversary)
2001 Z06 (Torch Red)
Old 07-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Chris... You've been cool people... Until now.

Without going into a whole rant about the use of the word "ghetto" (which I'm sure you know nothing of) I will simply say:

1. These wheels are far from what you would refer to as ghetto.

2. Choosing the word ghetto to describe something you/one does not like is actually lame.

I guess I've chosen not to demean the poor and unfortunate by classifying things that I otherwise consider: lame, whack, distasteful, or even ugly as 'ghetto'.

Now as a point of reference, these I would consider whack and or lame:

#justsayin
I'll apologize if I offended you, perhaps poor wording on my part. But to me it's completely counter intuitive. I look at the practical side, increasing the size of the wheel is increasing weight, ever so slightly increasing acceleration times, making the ride more stiff/rough. On a 6 coupe sure, but on an M Car with 22"s or whatever those are look silly to me.

Just my opinion, thats what you get from these forums

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:43 PM

Mein Auto: ///M7
Nice car. Not a fan of the 22's for such a high performance vehicle though, agree with Chris on that. Drove one of these a few months ago. Fast and classy. Not much of a head turner though. Likely confused as just a regular 6 convertible by most.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.

Last edited by rajeek; 07-08-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:05 PM

Mein Auto: 750i
WTF is that? Seriously? I'm so over people who make a big deal out of nothing that is intended to be used in the context to say something looks ugly. It's like someone saying gay, or dope, retarded, sick, etc. and then making it a big deal out of it. Minority or not, Chris wasn't wrong for saying what he said. If you take the literal meaning of "ghetto" it has no value in describing ugly wheels. Read on if you don't know what it means http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ghetto. If you are Jewish, I understand why you'd be sensitive to it. Anything outside of that, you really don't have a leg to stand on because you happen to be a minority. Am I considered a minority because I'm American Persian?

Don't judge, and start playing the race card in here because you are of a different race or culture. I'm Persian by paternity, Greek Italian by background on my father's side, and Turkish Mongolian on my mom's side. When people make Arab jokes, and I tell them a Persian is not an Arab, it just goes to show that person they are literally ignorant.

Next time, pm the person if they say something to offend you. I'm off this site with this kind of bs. Go figure. I'm so tired of seeing this kind of bs on and on. So over it. It's so weak. We are all the same people. Your color, religion, sexual preference has no affect in who you are. Equal is equal so don't drop the race game TX.

2013 750i (F01) :: M-Sport | Executive Pkg (BMW Apps / Ceramic Controls / Front Ventilated Seats / Power rear & side window sunshades rear sunshade / Smartphone Integration / Head-up Display / Instrument panel with Napa leather) | Rear Entertainment Pkg | 20" 303 5 spoke wheels

Last edited by ndavani; 07-08-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:01 AM

Chris, as your repentance for insulting these rims you must install 128's on your F01 for 30 days.

Just kidding.... I think these associations just stem from where people first hear about certain concepts, such as rims large enough to fill the entire wheel well being presented on Rick Ross videos filmed in Liberty City FL far before manufacturers offered them as options on their cars.

That said, those wheels aren't my style as they look like they'd affect performance - but they still look fairly refined to me. When I think ghetto rims, the first thing that comes to mine is the weird **** I see out on I-95 when I'm out at my other place in FL. Took this photo last time I was out there. Yes, that is a Toyota Solara on ~26" Forgiatos with Winnine the Pooh and Piglet airbrushed onto a gold finish.

Edit: also attached the 128's for reference for those who don't know of them. I personally hate those damn things! Back when I had an E65 I'd see 7 owners post about them almost as much as I see the 6 series owners post about the lack of a power-trunk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	385779   Click image for larger version

Name:	4A_800.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	385780  

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue

Last edited by AdamG13; 07-09-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:22 AM
Sejanus

Mein Auto: From BMWs to Porsches
Nice for show. But practical? I just don't know. That M6 is a stunner and the wheels are some of the best-looking I've seen. Too much drop if you ask me, though, but that's just my taste.

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"
-Morpheus
Old 07-09-2013, 04:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 740Li
Well this went south fast! Such passion in the 7 owners! lol

the car: Its sweet looking but Im not going to lie, seems like the 6 series could use an update to the body style? Havent they pretty much had the same style for 10 years?

I do think the rims are too big...
TXStyle: Love your "Seen your ide Lets see you thread! " Such an ecletic group of owners. Not what I expected at all. Awesome thread. I will be posting some pics.

Last edited by ajdoha234; 07-09-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:46 AM
The Entertainment Guru

You know... I've been here on the Fest for quite a while. As I've been on other social forums. I like this place. As a whole, it is diverse and pretty even keel. Well moderated too.
I'd like to thank you Chris for your response. Although I wasn't intending on/for an apology, that shows me your character and I appreciate it.

As far as the setup... Obviously I don't expect nor want ALL to agree with me. My tastes by admission are somewhat exotic with a touch of flash. I understand and respect those that have a more simple or vanilla approach to cars, fashion, etc. But THAT is what makes/keeps things interesting. I clearly remember lurking here in the F01 section when I had my e65. There was maybe 1 or 2 folks who had modified their cars! So knowing my future plans to join the club, I also knew I would 'shake things up' a bit with my style & flavor. But I also take great pride in 'tasteful' things! Especially when modifying my rides which I've been doing for years. So even when we can agree to disagree (which is perfectly cool by me) I do hope that as adults and enthusiasts, we can respect each others opinions by not only our words but by remembering that we are a 'diverse & international' group as well.

And to ndavani, I suggest YOU take your OWN suggestion. Since you want to call me out over MY opinion, here's another opinion: Who are you bro? The Regulator? I think not! Pump ya brakes and stay in your lane. Chris responded his own way and well. No need for you to jump in crying about the 'race card' which you pulled by the way. In my years of experience, those who bring up "race" are generally the ones with issues of race. My response was over what I consider a demeaning demographic term applied to describe a set of wheels. FYI... Ghetto is full of MANY races not just one.
Now in an effort to keep the peace, since you got all worked up over my opinion/reply, you and I can simply avoid each others thread. No skin off my back. Trust.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:49 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdoha234 View Post
TXStyle: Love your "Seen your ide Lets see you thread! " Such an ecletic group of owners. Not what I expected at all. Awesome thread. I will be posting some pics.
Thanks man. Like I said... We are all diverse and from various demographics and age groups. We can at least see each other and remove any preconceived notions.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Sleek Sam

Mein Auto: AC Schnitzer 745Li
Quote:
I'll apologize if I offended you, perhaps poor wording on my part. But to me it's completely counter intuitive. I look at the practical side, increasing the size of the wheel is increasing weight, ever so slightly increasing acceleration times, making the ride more stiff/rough. On a 6 coupe sure, but on an M Car with 22"s or whatever those are look silly to me.

Just my opinion, thats what you get from these forums
I agree. I think its just a matter or poor wording.

I really dont understand how any of this can be "ghetto". Car was over $100k. Wheels and tires have to be at least $8k.It may not be everyones favorite wheel design, but how can you go wrong with a brushed face, 3 piece forged 22"? And it looks like the car has been lowered to tie everything together. If this was a previous generation 6 series, then I say 21" max. These newer generation 6 series look proper on 22"s as long as its lowered the right amount.

Quote:
I look at the practical side, increasing the size of the wheel is increasing weight, ever so slightly increasing acceleration times, making the ride more stiff/rough.
I can tell you from personal experience that if I can commute on a 7 series slammed on 22" wheels for years with very minimal issues, I dont see whats not practical. If you do a side my side comparison of stock wheels with runflats versus these 22" with non runflat tires, I wouldnt be suprised if they weighed almost the same. As for ride comfort, its going to be pretty darn close also. If we were comparing a 19" or 20" stock non runflat tire versus this 22" setup, then thats a different story.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Sleek Sam

Mein Auto: AC Schnitzer 745Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndavani View Post
WTF is that? Seriously? I'm so over people who make a big deal out of nothing that is intended to be used in the context to say something looks ugly. It's like someone saying gay, or dope, retarded, sick, etc. and then making it a big deal out of it.
I think his wording is just as bad as if he said it was gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndavani View Post
I'm off this site with this kind of bs. Go figure. I'm so tired of seeing this kind of bs on and on. So over it. It's so weak.
Peace out.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:21 PM

Ah quit the crying. Someone needs to up their game and put some 30" Forgiatos on their F01

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue
Old 07-10-2013, 06:00 PM

Mein Auto: 750li
When I saw your topic, I already knew it was going to be this M6 lol... Such a beauty! What color is that?
Old 07-10-2013, 08:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 740 Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tb750 View Post
When I saw your topic, I already knew it was going to be this M6 lol... Such a beauty! What color is that?
I'm making a guess... I think it's called sakhir orange?

2013 740 Li
2007 G35 (trade-in)
2003 Z06 (Black, 50th Anniversary)
2001 Z06 (Torch Red)
Old 07-11-2013, 07:17 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Thumbs up

Sakhir Orange Metallic to be exact.

And boy would I l o v e to rock this color on a 6 or even this ///M5!

I think it's more at home on a exotic or GT. But the color itself if magnificent! props to BMW for creating it. I have yet to see it in person.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:19 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Who am I kidding... I'd rock this in a 7 too!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Living in Fast Forward

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW E63 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
When I say "strong"... I mean "Presence!"

Perfect Color on car and the contrasting calipers give this particular 6 an "Exotic" look. Of course with over 500hp & 500ft/lb... That presence is backed up with solid power!

I'd rock til' the wheels fell off...

Great looking car except for the wheels.