Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 07-11-2013, 11:32 AM

Mein Auto: 90 BMW 535i
My BMW Needs Some TLC

I have a white 90 535i

My dad had it sitting up for a year, so he just gave it to me, with all kinds of ish wrong lol

I don't know anything about cars so any info on what to do is greatly appreciated.
all my fluids are good btw

I need a new driver seat, it's bent, the last mechanic some how leaned into it while replacing my battery and now i have to ride with a lean

AIR... it only blows hot

Driver Window won't go down

Both back doors won't open, No matter what i do the doors are stuck idky

windshield wiper fluid won't come out.. I have it filled at the correct amount but nothing comes out

Need to replace rear bumper someone backed into it so now i drive around with paint chipped off

and my horn won't blow lol
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1989 525i M20B25
Search/look up "e34 seat twist". The lean is easily fixed without buying anything.

Hot air is the "e34 heater valves"

Check to make sure the window switch is working and all the fuses are good before opening the door up and checking for voltage at the motor.

The doors are deadbolted if the lock tabs will not pull up. You will prob end up taking the door panels off with the door closed "e34 rear doors locked"

Easy fix. If you cannot hear a noise when operating the WW Fluid switch, then you probably need a new pump and rubber grommet. "e34 washer fluid pump and grommet"

Bumper is easily replaced as long as there was no frame damage. Depending on the point of impact, the bumper can handle impacts of up to 2 MPH without any harm done. If the bumper is not damaged then the plastic trim around it can be replaced. "e34 rear impact strip"

Enter these "" search terms into your favorite search engine and start psyching yourself to do DIY work. If you can do it yourself then you will be fine, but if you have to pay somebody then this car will quickly become expensive.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:57 AM

AND Welcome to the forum!
Old 07-14-2013, 01:22 PM

Paperplane94 you are the man. Thanks!!!! I will definitely be doing this myself. Here's a few pics of how the bumper look. The car runs like a champ, can't wait to get these few lil bugs worked out. You just cut my spending price by half of half.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2569.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	386634   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2567.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	386635   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2566.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	386636  
Old 07-14-2013, 10:53 PM

Yup, I would replace the bumper as a whole, unless you want to worry about crack repair and paint.

If you want to keep your old trim pieces without breaking them:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1653699

and a nice DIY:
http://www.bmwforums.info/5-series-g...r-removal.html
Old 07-15-2013, 01:33 PM

Thanks for the links, i'm bookmarking everything.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Nothin like an E34

Mein Auto: 95 540i B/B
I had A LOT of issues with heat from the vents, before ANYTHING get a volt meter(analog i found digital did not work) and test the voltage. I have many threads with different things that i found with my ac not working. I ended up blocking off the valves as it turned out to be a module issue and i cant figure out how to replace it. I can give you the info if you cannot find it. Also would be wise to disassemble the valves and clean them.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:43 PM

Oh wow, thanks.. some people say it could be the air compressor as well. Have you tried one of those things you plug up to the car and it tells you everything that's wrong with it. I was thinking about buying one, but i hear not
all of them work on cars as old as mine, and not all of them are as accurate.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Nothin like an E34

Mein Auto: 95 540i B/B
I have not been able to buy one, when i get the money i will get a carsoft?, my dad does ac, and made sure it was charged, he drained and charged it, i made sure the compressor kicked in. I was able to tell when i ran ac when the car was cold, turn the ac off and keep the blower on when the car is cold so you don't get heat, then turn on the ac button if it gets colder your ac system is fine, it is within the heating system, your problem that is.