Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 07-09-2013, 07:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
My iPhone is a 4S, but yours should work the same.

Use a standard Apple USB cable. Plug it into your iPhone 5 and the USB port in the armrest. Push the CD button on your iDrive controller. You should see your iPhone name next to the USB symbol. Select it by scrolling to it and pushing down on the iDrive controller. You should be able to figure it out from there.
That did work. My CA had given me an IPOD cable that did not work. But the regular USB cable did. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITEX View Post
I have not used a USB connector for the iPhone...have been playing the iTunes through the BlueTooth.

What am I missing? My phone is connected through BlueTooth and I can make calls. How do I access ITunes? Do you get the menus to display on the screen of the vehicle?
Old 07-09-2013, 08:09 PM
On our 2nd Alpine X

Mein Auto: 06 X3/2010 MCSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitches View Post
What am I missing? My phone is connected through BlueTooth and I can make calls. How do I access ITunes? Do you get the menus to display on the screen of the vehicle?
Not 100% sure how to get there....it's new to me. There is a setting for audio. (iTunes).I have to sit in the X and figure it out. Only used it once.
GONE>>>Sold. One of the best rides I ever owned. My 1st BMW-2006 X3 3.0 White w/blk. Prem/Nav/Sirius/Servo/Heated seats,steering/Park Dist./Xenon/Privacy.I got the auto. trans. so my wife can drive it.
Our 2nd Bimmer2014 X3 i35 Alpine/Chestnut. Nav,Prem,Tech,Cold Weather, Shades. Got the Automatic cause we had no choice
My 1st Mini-2010 PW, I got the 6 speed so my wife can't drive it. Laurel Edition Convert
Old 07-10-2013, 04:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitches View Post
Are you connected via Bluetooth only, and not the white cable? Did you enable Bluetooth audio when you paired the iphone with your X3? Have you used connected the X3 and the iphone with a USB cable since pairing?
Old 07-10-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Are you connected via Bluetooth only, and not the white cable? Did you enable Bluetooth audio when you paired the iphone with your X3? Have you used connected the X3 and the iphone with a USB cable since pairing?
Thank you. That was helpful. As of now, I can stream through Bluetooth, but don't have menu options. Using the USB cable I get menu options.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:38 PM

Great!

I always use the white cable, in part because when I drive is when I recharge my iPhone. 90% of the time my commute to/from work is sufficient time to top the battery up. I have sport seats, and find that leaving a 1/4" gap between the thigh support and the seat provides a perfect location to park my phones.

I haven't specifically checked, but my impression is that the white cable gives you Album Art (which I'm sure of), but Bluetooth Audio does not (which I'm not so sure of).
Old 07-13-2013, 06:03 AM
On our 2nd Alpine X

Mein Auto: 06 X3/2010 MCSC
Tail gate release would be convenient in the door.. not where it is. I'd rather not stretch to press it.
GONE>>>Sold. One of the best rides I ever owned. My 1st BMW-2006 X3 3.0 White w/blk. Prem/Nav/Sirius/Servo/Heated seats,steering/Park Dist./Xenon/Privacy.I got the auto. trans. so my wife can drive it.
Our 2nd Bimmer2014 X3 i35 Alpine/Chestnut. Nav,Prem,Tech,Cold Weather, Shades. Got the Automatic cause we had no choice
My 1st Mini-2010 PW, I got the 6 speed so my wife can't drive it. Laurel Edition Convert
Old 07-13-2013, 07:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 28i
There's no "one-click" way to cycle through presets on the radio (at least that I can figure). I know you can use the wheel on the steering wheel and scroll and press (if the last radio screen you were on was presets). But that's not as convenient as the old up/down arrows to scroll through.

Another one - comfort and sport mode transmission settings are too far apart. Sport is a bit too high-strung, I think. Nice to have that much power available, but hard to always be at 3500 RPM - too touchy. Admittedly, haven't played much with it as I'm still in my break-in period.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:16 AM
BMWX3

Mein Auto: X3
Eco-Pro Mode turns on auto start-stop

Although I love Eco-pro mode when I'm stuck in rush-hour, taking advantage of better gas mileage...I HATE the fact that whenever you switch to Eco-pro mode, it turns auto start-stop back on.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 535i
Comfort Access will not open all doors.
BMW cheapened out on the manual steering wheel adjustment
Move radio volume back to the LH side of wheel
ASS - What a POS. However, expect it in more cars in the future thanks to Chairman MAO.

I'm sure I'll come up with more if I applied additional thought.
In garage - 2013 X3 x28i, Sport Activity, Convenience, Cold Weather I, and Premium Packages, Rear View Camera, Park Distance Control, Sat Radio, BMW Assist w/ Enhanced Bluetooth. Black Sapphire with Black Nevada seats.

Previous BMW's
2007 525i - Totaled -->http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=664410
2008 535i - Traded in
2009 535i - Totaled
Old 07-14-2013, 08:06 PM

Mein Auto: Porsche, BMW
I absolutely hate this warning you get after driving the X3 and opening the hood latch:

"Danger engine compartment hot, open carefully".

I've survived Bimmers for 25+ years without burning my hand on a hot engine. I don't need some engineer telling me the engine is hot after driving. I really don't care if it is a CYA legal thing.

What's coming out next year.

"Danger vehicle moving at 70mph, don't open the door and step out"
2013 BMW X3 35i
Old 07-16-2013, 02:43 PM

Mein Auto: X3
I wish they would put an audio volume control next to the iDrive controller. when you have your hand on the controller and want to change the volume you have to reach up to the dash or to the steering wheel. there are plenty of places for it near the controller.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman50 View Post
I wish they would put an audio volume control next to the iDrive controller. when you have your hand on the controller and want to change the volume you have to reach up to the dash or to the steering wheel. there are plenty of places for it near the controller.
You mean like an Audi
Old 07-16-2013, 03:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmernut1 View Post
I absolutely hate this warning you get after driving the X3 and opening the hood latch:

"Danger engine compartment hot, open carefully".

I've survived Bimmers for 25+ years without burning my hand on a hot engine. I don't need some engineer telling me the engine is hot after driving. I really don't care if it is a CYA legal thing.

What's coming out next year.

"Danger vehicle moving at 70mph, don't open the door and step out"
At least BMW doesn't lock you out of most of the I-drive functions like most other brands do.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 35i M Sport
The fact there is not an X3M...

Not happy that comfort access is not on all 4 doors... Can someone tell me if there is anyway to unlock all 4 doors (more importantly the passenger size door for my wife) from the driver side door without using the remote?

When playing Pandora from Connected drive... I wish you could use the scroll/updown on the steering wheel to access thumbs up/down etc...

Not liking when you have bluetooth audio streaming setup on your phone.... connect your phone to charge it & that disables bluetooth audio streaming... so LAME!!! BMW, please fix!!!!!

Anyone else think the steering is too d@mn low when getting in the vehicle??? Can't lower the height of the seat anymore.. i know i can raise the steering wheel but i'm not going to do that every time i get out of the car...

Last edited by steelerfan; 07-16-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
At least BMW doesn't lock you out of most of the I-drive functions like most other brands do.
Amen!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraLvr335i View Post
There's no "one-click" way to cycle through presets on the radio (at least that I can figure). I know you can use the wheel on the steering wheel and scroll and press (if the last radio screen you were on was presets). But that's not as convenient as the old up/down arrows to scroll through.

Another one - comfort and sport mode transmission settings are too far apart. Sport is a bit too high-strung, I think. Nice to have that much power available, but hard to always be at 3500 RPM - too touchy. Admittedly, haven't played much with it as I'm still in my break-in period.
There is a way to "one-click" & scroll through presents on the steering wheel & radio.. My sales guy did my presents on a memory button.. now when i hit 1, all my presets for XM & the Radio come on the screen.. now i can scroll through on the steering wheel or on the screen.. wished the steering scroll would match/scroll on the Screen... not sure i'm understanding your issue fully but i think there is a fix for it...

Last edited by steelerfan; 07-16-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
Can someone tell me if there is anyway to unlock all 4 doors (more importantly the passenger size door for my wife) from the driver side door without using the remote?
Check in Settings. There is a setting in there for All 4 Doors vs. Driver's Door Only. It may apply to Comfort Access too. I have CA, and all 4 of my doors unlock when I grasp either front door handle.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Check in Settings. There is a setting in there for All 4 Doors vs. Driver's Door Only. It may apply to Comfort Access too. I have CA, and all 4 of my doors unlock when I grasp either front door handle.
Yeah.. i figured i might be able to do that.. but that posses a bit of a safety issue IMO. I'm not worried about it for me but I am for my wife... I can see some weirdo hiding on the passenger rear door on other side of the vehicle & she uses CA & it unlocks all 4 doors...

I just had an B8 Audi A4 with comfort access & my wife had an infiniti G37 which both had comfort access... we could press the button on the door once to unlock only the drivers door & twice to unlock all doors... so we had the option...
Old 07-16-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
The fact there is not an X3M...

Not happy that comfort access is not on all 4 doors... Can someone tell me if there is anyway to unlock all 4 doors (more importantly the passenger size door for my wife) from the driver side door without using the remote?
All four of my doors unlock when I touch the driver's side door handle. It's a setting in the iDrive menus. Let me know if you can't locate it and I'll try to figure out the exact menu path.

UPDATE: Oops - someone got to it before I did!

Last edited by TerraLvr335i; 07-16-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
There is a way to "one-click" & scroll through presents on the steering wheel & radio.. My sales guy did my presents on a memory button.. now when i hit 1, all my presets for XM & the Radio come on the screen.. now i can scroll through on the steering wheel or on the screen.. wished the steering scroll would match/scroll on the Screen... not sure i'm understanding your issue fully but i think there is a fix for it...
Thanks. I kind of figured that out. I guess I just like up and down buttons better than that little scroll wheel.