Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 07-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Ultimate Driving Experience

Went with my son today to this event at our local BMW dealer. There were many Bimmers to test drive. Drove the 528 and compared to the 535 back to back- haven't done that before.

My wife's vehicle is a new X3 4 cylinder and I find it to very peppy and gets over 30 mpg's on the highway. City driving is gets close to 25 mpg- so we're very happy with it. Our last SUV wouldn't break 20 mpg's on the highway.

The 535 was smoother and quicker and generally drove better than the 528.

Also test drove an MB Sport E -350. Beautiful car! Gray rims with a black on black car. Seats were more comfortable than the standard BMW seats- I would buy sport seats with a 5 Series. Gear shifter on MB was on steering wheel and electric seat buttons are on the driver's side door- dislike both these placements. Test drove an E 350 at the MB dealer 2 months ago and wasn't impressed- today's model must have had a tighter suspension.

They entered my name in a couple of free sweepstakes: bag and bicycle. Gave me a spill free mug and some discount coupons. $1000 coupon for new purchase with 10/31/13 expiration will be emailed next week.
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2013, 03:43 AM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
I drove a 2014 E350 and it literally rode/drove identically to my 2010 and 2011 E350's (just with the newer engine). I don't think M-B changed anything on the drive. There have been guys who went from a pre to a post facelift and also remarked it drives basically identically. To me the facelift was so unlike M-B in how haphazard, forced and imbalanced it is (all new IMO awkward front design which was never meant to be harmonious with the upright/angular/"boxy" lines of the rest of the car).

The M-B that's getting my goat these days is the 2013 C Class with "Sport Plus" package. They have these beautiful wheels that just fit the whole theme of the car. Unlike the W212 facelift it is a harmonious, well thought out car from front to back, and the fact that it didn't get changed so drastically for the facelift proves that M-B agrees. M-B really did well with the W204 C Class. It's aged remarkably well (hasn't aged at all really, IMO), and they just keep refining and subtly improving it. The "Sport Plus" package ads some extra yet *tasteful* (again, what's lacking IMO on the facelift E Class) enhancements to further the holistic appeal of the car. A C350 with that package should be a very fun car. I wonder if M-B enhanced its handling with that "Plus" package as the C although good-ish for an M-B still would need it.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Just Confused...

Mein Auto: 01 530i; 04 S2k; 94 Supra
Was the E-class a 4Matic?
Old 07-15-2013, 02:30 PM

Mein Auto: 13 ActiveHybrid5

Where can I get this sports package

Current:
14 smart electric drive
14 MB E350
13 BMW ActiveHybrid5
Past:
85 Corolla GT-S / 98 MB ML320 / 06 S2000 / 08 EVO X MR / 11 G37S 6MT / 12 MBZ E350 Bluetec
BMW CCA Member #457884
Old 07-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Just Confused...

Mein Auto: 01 530i; 04 S2k; 94 Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae86pwr View Post

Where can I get this sports package
Australia (V8 Supercar). I think it costs about US$1M to run a season.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:46 PM

Mein Auto: Rickshaw
driver salary extra.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:31 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNJ View Post
Was the E-class a 4Matic?
Yep.
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.