Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 07-17-2013, 08:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 535xi
BMW Tuner near Columbia, SC?

I'll be moving down to Irmo, SC (just outside of Columbia) and I wanted to find out if anyone had any personal experience with a good Tuner Shop that works a lot with BMW's and a good BMW Dealership for when there is no other option.

Let me know what you're experiences have been if there is anyone down there. I'd be willing to drive about an hour or so if that's what it takes.
Ads by Google
Old 07-19-2013, 12:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Givol
Mein Auto: 2008 535i 6 spd
BMW Tuner near Columbia, SC?

Heads up in Spartanburg put in my JB4 tuner without any problems. Currently on schedule to put on DPs meth kit. Not sure about Columbia but is about an hour away.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-19-2013, 12:34 PM

That's great news. I'll have to look them up. An hour drive or so won't bother me for quality work and support. I'm putting in my JB4 and DCi's this weekend and I'm sure once I start with this upgrade I won't want to stop.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:51 AM

Mein Auto: 14 BMW F15 MSport
Welcome to the Columbia area!

We use Brown Motor Works (which happens to be in Irmo, on Broad River Road) for regular maintenance on our E53 and Z3 (no longer under warranty).

Honestly, both my husband and I have been frustrated with the service at the local dealership. So much, that we purchased our last two cars from the dealership in Charleston and drive down there for the regularly scheduled maintenance on our newer cars (still under service warranty)
Old 01-28-2014, 08:26 AM

I've seen good reviews for Brown Motor Works, I'll have to keep that in mind next time I need service done.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:17 AM

Mein Auto: 14 BMW F15 MSport
They really are a good bunch of guys. Could have charged me upwards of $3500 for service & repairs on a car I was getting ready to trade in, but once they learned I was trading it the following month the service manager suggested I hold off as I would never get back (from the dealer) what I put into it. They were right. May have lost some business that day, but I will definitely be back.

Also, our cars are daily drivers but from what I understand Mr. Brown (the owner) does a good bit of racing. I am not sure if they work on modified cars but would be worth asking.

Last edited by CapitalcityX5; 01-28-2014 at 10:20 AM.