Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E23 / E32 (1977 - 1994)

7 Series - E23 / E32 (1977 - 1994)

Old 07-17-2013, 07:57 PM

Mein Auto: 1993 bmw 740 il
question about lack of replies

I'm new to this site. i have only posted two questions since I've been here. i got one response to one and nothing on the other(although it is only a couple of days old).My first thought was maybe I'm not following the correct protocol. Then I noticed that the majority of threads have no responses. I was referred to this site by a coworker and he had told me I could find out just about anything I needed to know here. I have searched the forums for posts dealing with similar issues but none of them really dealt with the issues I'm having. I'm not really asking to be spoon fed info I could easily get by doind a lil reading.i geuss what I'm asking is "am i going about this wrong?" or "Do I have unrealistic expectations about getting advice here?" If any moderators or other site personell read this please let me know if I am going about this wrong.
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Old Fogey

Mein Auto: BMW '95 840
With anything older than an E 38 you have a rather small audience here.
'00 Range Rover Vitesse
www.wuffer.net
www.8coupe.com
www.8er.org
Old 08-01-2013, 09:45 PM

Mein Auto: 745Li
Remember, we're volunteers, with lives and the pay sucks.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:22 PM

Mein Auto: 1/88 735i (E32)
And some of us have questions too... and not so many answers for others questions (as we are new to the whole owning an old Bimmer thing).
Old 12-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Old School Luxury

Mein Auto: 735i
I've had similar experiences with other sites. As mentioned above older cars have fewer followers, but I think the main issue is your 7 series. I have a 88 735i but most folks have 3 series and a few have 5 series. The problem here is the 7 series doesn't share a lot of stuff with the 3 series so most people on the site aren't familiar with the 7's
You get the same thing going on looking for parts, a lot of 3 stuff, very little 7 stuff. I'm new to this site and will mostly be checking out the E 32 forum so maybe we'll be able to help each other out.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Old School Luxury

Mein Auto: 735i
Sent a reply to your intro post re initial question, take a look, let me know if it helped any