Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-18-2013, 02:36 PM
pix335i's Avatar
pix335i pix335i is offline
Enthusiast
Location: Mountain Top, PA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 5,828
Mein Auto: E92 335i Coupe
Full Pricing and Order Guide Finally Released for the new BMW X5!

BMW X5 F15

Pricing is finally here for the 2014 BMW F15 X5 and we have all the details. The new RWD 2014 X5 sDrive35i will start at $53,725 and the 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i comes in at $56,025. Jump up to the xDrive35d for $57,525 and the top end xDrive50i starts at $69,125.

Click here for the full pricing guide

Click here for the full ordering guide
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2014-BMW-X5-Pricing.pdf (237.9 KB, 1609 views)
File Type: pdf 2014-BMW-F15-X5-Order-Guide.pdf (105.7 KB, 1430 views)

Last edited by tim330i; 07-18-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 07-18-2013, 04:42 PM
ND40oz ND40oz is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Denver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 601
Mein Auto: 09 135i
Forcing you to order ZEC on the 50i instead of letting you spec options that you can order individually on the 35i and 35d seems a little strange. There's no way to upgrade the audio without it.
__________________
09 135i 6MT, ZMP, PPK1
13 X5 35i ZMP, ZMX, 2VA
13 Tiguan SEL 4motion
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-20-2013, 06:56 AM
mikeny mikeny is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NYC, PA
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 129
Mein Auto: X5, M6 Vert
Question .

Anyone knows what type of option - 4FF Comfort Rear Seats - $500 ?

Thanks.
__________________
2008 M6 Vert
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-20-2013, 10:39 AM
ND40oz ND40oz is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Denver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 601
Mein Auto: 09 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeny View Post
Anyone knows what type of option - 4FF Comfort Rear Seats - $500 ?

Thanks.
This is all I've seen about them.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...seats.html#t=l

Quote:
The comfort seats at the rear have particularly comfortable upholstery and offer a range of individual adjustments. For example, the backrest tilt angle of the two outer seats can be set to several different positions. The comfort seats can be shifted by 80 millimetres forwards and backwards in a 60:40 split. This allows knee and luggage space to be extended as required.
__________________
09 135i 6MT, ZMP, PPK1
13 X5 35i ZMP, ZMX, 2VA
13 Tiguan SEL 4motion
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-21-2013, 09:30 AM
AutoUnion's Avatar
AutoUnion AutoUnion is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,062
Mein Auto: '11 X5d
^ I can't believe they're charging EXTRA for reclining rear seats. Ridiculous.

The Cayenne, MDX, RX, Q7, etc all offer that standard.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-21-2013, 09:32 AM
AutoUnion's Avatar
AutoUnion AutoUnion is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,062
Mein Auto: '11 X5d
Just built my diesel one to a tick over $71,500. If I equip it exactly like my current X5, it would be about $64k. Added multi-contour seats, HUD, etc. Unless I'm still getting a huge discount off the sticker, the Porsche Cayenne is only $5k more.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Waygol Waygol is offline
Registered User
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: 7 and X5
Exclamation Being overcharged if you purchase the design interior pkg and interior premium pkg

Looking at the ordering guidelines and BMWUSA configurator, something does make sense if you order one of the interior design packs along with the interior premium package, my calculations below show being overcharged by $1,450.00 for ordering both

ZDM and ZDI design pkg's include leather seating.

ZPP Premium Package (includes leather seating)
322 Comfort Access keyless entry
323 Soft-close automatic doors
655 Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
LC Leather Dakota

ZPP by itself costs $2,700.00
If you option LC leather Dakota without the ZPP package it will cost you $1,450.00,
meaning items 322,323 and 655 are $1,250.00 of the $2,700.00 ZZP package.

With ZDM or ZDI, ZPP still costs $2,700.00
So for the $2,700.00 your only getting $1,250.00 of options
322
323
655

BMW USA, should make those items as a seperate package at less cost then the ZPP for those ordering one of the two design interior packages
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Waygol Waygol is offline
Registered User
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: 7 and X5
Fix to first line in my post

Left out "not" in between the words "does" and "make". So should read "does not make"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-29-2013, 10:10 AM
Golden Bullz Golden Bullz is offline
Registered User
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: M3
hi, does anyone know how long is the expected wait time once I order the new X5 at north east region?
thank you
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-29-2013, 10:18 AM
pix335i's Avatar
pix335i pix335i is offline
Enthusiast
Location: Mountain Top, PA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 5,828
Mein Auto: E92 335i Coupe
Initial production starts in August and last I knew it was looking like late October or early November for actual customer deliveries to start. If we hear anything different, we will let everyone know.
__________________
2007 Montego Blue 335i Coupe, Sports Package, Comfort Access!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Golden Bullz Golden Bullz is offline
Registered User
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: M3
Great. Thanks. Last week I checked with my local dealer they were expecting dealer allocation units around late aug. or early sep. is it true? I'd like to take a closer look before placing my order.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Tanning machine's Avatar
Tanning machine Tanning machine is offline
Using SPF 45
Location: Washington, D.C.
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,497
Mein Auto: 2004 330Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by pix335i View Post
Initial production starts in August and last I knew it was looking like late October or early November for actual customer deliveries to start. If we hear anything different, we will let everyone know.
True for diesels as well (thought I read those were coming later, but could be confused)?
__________________
Tanning Machine I: 1989 325iC (Salmon Silver/Black, Heated Seats, LSD). 7/26/1989-11/1/2003.
Tanning Machine II: 2004 330Cic (Silver Gray/Natural Brown, SP, PP, Heated Seats, Xenons). 8/29/2003-present.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-29-2013, 10:29 AM
pix335i's Avatar
pix335i pix335i is offline
Enthusiast
Location: Mountain Top, PA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 5,828
Mein Auto: E92 335i Coupe
That seems early based on the time lines we have seen. Maybe they are talking about when their production slots will be available which would still put the cars into October at the earliest. They all have to go through EPA and CARB certification which can also hold the cars up from being delivered as well. I don't think anyone can give any dates other than estimates right now.
__________________
2007 Montego Blue 335i Coupe, Sports Package, Comfort Access!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-29-2013, 10:30 AM
pix335i's Avatar
pix335i pix335i is offline
Enthusiast
Location: Mountain Top, PA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 5,828
Mein Auto: E92 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanning machine View Post
True for diesels as well (thought I read those were coming later, but could be confused)?
I should have clarified - that production date is for the gasoline powered X5s. Diesel models are still slated for production starting in December and won't be available for delivery until sometime in 2014.
__________________
2007 Montego Blue 335i Coupe, Sports Package, Comfort Access!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-29-2013, 02:02 PM
ND40oz ND40oz is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Denver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 601
Mein Auto: 09 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waygol View Post
ZDM and ZDI design pkg's include leather seating.

ZPP Premium Package (includes leather seating)
322 Comfort Access keyless entry
323 Soft-close automatic doors
655 Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
LC Leather Dakota

ZPP by itself costs $2,700.00
If you option LC leather Dakota without the ZPP package it will cost you $1,450.00,
meaning items 322,323 and 655 are $1,250.00 of the $2,700.00 ZZP package.

With ZDM or ZDI, ZPP still costs $2,700.00
So for the $2,700.00 your only getting $1,250.00 of options
322
323
655

BMW USA, should make those items as a seperate package at less cost then the ZPP for those ordering one of the two design interior packages
You cannot order either of the two design interior packages without first ordering either the Luxury Seat package or multi-contour seats. Which means you've already optioned Dakota leather somewhere as part of the configuration process since Dakota leather is required for multi-contour seats, whether that be as an individual option or as part of ZPP. At least that appears to be the requirements according to the ordering guide.
__________________
09 135i 6MT, ZMP, PPK1
13 X5 35i ZMP, ZMX, 2VA
13 Tiguan SEL 4motion
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Skins13 Skins13 is offline
Registered User
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
You cannot order either of the two design interior packages without first ordering either the Luxury Seat package or multi-contour seats. Which means you've already optioned Dakota leather somewhere as part of the configuration process since Dakota leather is required for multi-contour seats, whether that be as an individual option or as part of ZPP. At least that appears to be the requirements according to the ordering guide.
The Mocha Interior Design Package (ZMD) for $1950 includes Mocha Nappa leather. Yes, you have to include luxury seating or multi-contour seats ($1300 for the latter). If you want the Premium Package (ZPP), which is not required, you are forced to pay for 4 items, including Dakota leather, but you have already paid for Mocha Nappa leather. It makes no sense to have to pay for leather twice.

Last edited by Skins13; 07-29-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-29-2013, 05:07 PM
ND40oz ND40oz is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Denver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 601
Mein Auto: 09 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins13 View Post
The Mocha Interior Design Package (ZMD) for $1950 includes Mocha Nappa leather. Yes, you have to include luxury seating or multi-contour seats ($1300 for the latter). If you want the Premium Package (ZPP), which is not required, you are forced to pay for 4 items, including Dakota leather, but you have already paid for Mocha Nappa leather. It makes no sense to have to pay for leather twice.
Nappa leather is a charge on top of Dakota leather, you first upgrade to Dakota for $1450 and then you can upgrade to Nappa. Plus you're getting the $1200 nappa leather dash with ZMD, it's not like they just take you from vinyl to nappa leather seats for $750, you have to pay $2200 to upgrade to nappa from the base seats.
__________________
09 135i 6MT, ZMP, PPK1
13 X5 35i ZMP, ZMX, 2VA
13 Tiguan SEL 4motion
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Skins13 Skins13 is offline
Registered User
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
Nappa leather is a charge on top of Dakota leather, you first upgrade to Dakota for $1450 and then you can upgrade to Nappa. Plus you're getting the $1200 nappa leather dash with ZMD, it's not like they just take you from vinyl to nappa leather seats for $750, you have to pay $2200 to upgrade to nappa from the base seats.
I think you're missing the point that both Waygol and I are making. You don't need (or have to pay for) the Premium Package to get Nappa. You get Nappa with ZMD and multi-contour seats, but if you want to add comfort access keyless entry, soft-close automatic doors and satellite radio with 1 year subscription, you also have to pay an additional $1450 for Dakota as part of the Premium Package.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Waygol Waygol is offline
Registered User
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: 7 and X5
Skins13 is spot on

Here it is in Black and White. see ZDI on page 3 and ZMD on page 4
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...5&d=1374183072
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:00 PM
ND40oz ND40oz is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Denver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 601
Mein Auto: 09 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins13 View Post
I think you're missing the point that both Waygol and I are making. You don't need (or have to pay for) the Premium Package to get Nappa. You get Nappa with ZMD and multi-contour seats, but if you want to add comfort access keyless entry, soft-close automatic doors and satellite radio with 1 year subscription, you also have to pay an additional $1450 for Dakota as part of the Premium Package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waygol View Post
Here it is in Black and White. see ZDI on page 3 and ZMD on page 4
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...5&d=1374183072
You want to order ZDI or ZMD

They require 456 or ZLS

ZLS and 456 require Dakota Leather, you can't just substitute ZDI or ZMD for dakota leather, you must order Dakota Leather or ZPP to order ZDI or ZMD.

There is no way they are letting you order ZDI or ZMD without ordering Dakota leather or ZPP first, you can't just skip both of them and order ZDI or ZMD and get Nappa Leather and the leather dash for $1950, not when dakota leather is a $1450 standalone option.
__________________
09 135i 6MT, ZMP, PPK1
13 X5 35i ZMP, ZMX, 2VA
13 Tiguan SEL 4motion
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Waygol Waygol is offline
Registered User
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: 7 and X5
Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger

Straight out of the ordering guide
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...5&d=1374183072

On Page 3, see option:
ZLS Luxury Seating Package
453 Front ventilated seats
456 Multi-contour seats
ZLS requires ordering LCCY, LCSW, NAEX or NAMY ZLS cannot be ordered with KCSW

NAEX is included as part of the Ivory White Design Package see ZDI package
NAMY is included as part of the Mocha Design Package see ZMD package

You also get the same result using the online configurator. Build the 35i with either Design Package and don't select ZPP.

Last edited by Waygol; 07-29-2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Clarity
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:31 PM
ND40oz ND40oz is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Denver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 601
Mein Auto: 09 135i
The configurator is still incorrect, try adding Dynamic Handling Package and see what happens. Go to your dealer and have them build one for you and see what prereqs are required for either design package, there's no way you're getting napa leather seats and dash for $1950 upgrading directly from the SensaTec.
__________________
09 135i 6MT, ZMP, PPK1
13 X5 35i ZMP, ZMX, 2VA
13 Tiguan SEL 4motion
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-30-2013, 02:58 AM
Skins13 Skins13 is offline
Registered User
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: X5
What led to Waygol's and my original posts were the potential issues surrounding the configurator. You can currently configure a vehicle with Nappa without adding the Premium Package and without an additional fee. An error that someone at BMW missed? Perhaps, but that is exactly the point we are making.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
The configurator is still incorrect, try adding Dynamic Handling Package and see what happens. Go to your dealer and have them build one for you and see what prereqs are required for either design package, there's no way you're getting napa leather seats and dash for $1950 upgrading directly from the SensaTec.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-30-2013, 07:28 AM
ND40oz ND40oz is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Denver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 601
Mein Auto: 09 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins13 View Post
What led to Waygol's and my original posts were the potential issues surrounding the configurator. You can currently configure a vehicle with Nappa without adding the Premium Package and without an additional fee. An error that someone at BMW missed? Perhaps, but that is exactly the point we are making.
The BMW configurators always have errors when they're first released for a new vehicle or even a new model year, this is nothing new.
__________________
09 135i 6MT, ZMP, PPK1
13 X5 35i ZMP, ZMX, 2VA
13 Tiguan SEL 4motion
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:34 PM
hyde hyde is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 220
Mein Auto: 2012 X5
It sucks that to get comfort access you need to pay for Dakota Leather and Sat Radio, nice that it comes with soft close, but on my current X5 Comfort Access was standard and I paid only $600 for Soft Close doors.
What happened to Normal / Premium / Sport lines? What happened to interior seat color options? I am sorry if this was already discussed but it looks like they are pushing people away. Has anyone done a price comparison of what the E70 was with same options on F15?
__________________
2012 X5 - Deep Sea Blue Premium Package + Soft Auto-Close Doors + Nav.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms