Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335, 2013 328
Front Obstacle detection acts strange

Hi,

I have a 2013 F30 and the front obstacle detection seems rather insensitive and works different when I am in forward versus reverse. For example, If I pull into a parking spot that has a lighting fixture with a 2 foot diameter concrete block right in front of right headlight the system does not detect the obstacle. However, if I turn the car off, then restart it and place the car in reverse the system detects the obstacle. Also, if I pull into a spot where the obstacle is in the center of the car the system does detect it.

Is this the way the system is supposed to work?

Jerry
Ads by Google
Old 07-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 Sedan
Are you manually turning it on when pulling forward to park? If not, you need to. It only comes on automatically when in reverse. You need to press the button on the center console to run it on when pulling forward into a space like you described.

When turned on, mine definitely detects a two foot diameter structure in front of the headlamp area.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 335i xDrive Msport
Re: Front Obstacle detection acts strange

Mine did that too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using BimmerApp mobile app

2013 335i M-sport xDrive 'Superman Combo'
Cold Weather Pkg, Dynamic Handling Pkg, Premium, Technology, Sport auto, Rear-view camera, Park Distance Control, HK
ED: May 28, 2013
Redelivery: Aug 12, 2013