Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
BMW F82 M4 Concept Coupe to be shown at Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

BMW F82 M4 on display at Pebble Beach

BMW insider Scott has leaked news that the BMW F82 M4 Concept Coupe will be on display at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in August. The M4 is the spiritual successor to the M3 coupe and based of the F32 4 series (read our 4 series driving review). BMW is making a early reveal of the F82 M4 as it has an uphill battle with enthusiasts over the name change. The original BMW M3 E30 was a couple and after almost 30 years of production the M3 coupe is no more, not an easy thing to take for a brand steeped in tradition.

We and BMW must move on, and moving on is what BMW is focused on. Gone is the M3 coupe and gone is the naturally aspirated engine. The heart of the M4 is an entirely new engine, not an uprated N54/N55 as previously rumored. The new engine takes technology from BMW's new B code modular engine design and then ///M-ifies it. The inline six has twin turbos and is expected to crank out E92 M3 horsepower numbers, or about 420hp. The real improvement comes on the torque side, where high revving NA engines are typically weak. The out going M3 had 295 lbs-ft, which is less then the 335i. With turbo technology M engineers are able to increase torque and offer it right off idle. Look for 400+ lbs-ft coming in around 1200 RPMs.

Beyond a killer new engine the M4 wil sport the usual M improvements over the standard 4 series. Wider fenders front and rear, huge wheels and tires to fill the big fenders, a splashier interior, improved suspension and an active M differential borrowed from the M5/M6 to put the new found torque down. A focus on light weight should result in a curb weight under the E92 M3, and light weight equals performance around the corners. BMW M has told us the focus has been on driving dynamics and weight, we will see what that translates to in person next month. Bimmerfest will be at Pebble Beach covering the Concours d'Elegance and will be sure to bring you pictures and news on the BMW M4 Concept Coupe. Stay tuned for our complete coverage an initial reactions.

Does the improvements to the M4 make you overlook the name change or are you holding onto the past and cursing BMW for no longer making an M3 Coupe?

Last edited by tim330i; 07-23-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 550i X-drive
I don't care what they call it. If they actually build it as described here it sounds like it will be a fantastic car.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 335is, 2015 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugghaid View Post
I don't care what they call it. If they actually build it as described here it sounds like it will be a fantastic car.
+1

Likely out of my league until I can get it as CPO anyway.

BMW 335is, Le Mans blue with Black Dakota leather, Convenience and Premium packages, 19" wheels, 7 speed DCT, heated seats, Nav., Harmon Kardon Logic 7 stereo w/ Satellite radio. 2015 BMW X1 28iXdrive M Sport, LeMans Blue, with Black Dakota leather, Premium and Technology packages, with heated seats, satellite radio.