Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > Southeast Regional - AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, and TN

Southeast Regional - AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, and TN
Regional forum for members in AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, and TN

Old 07-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 530i
Re: Anyone in Jacksonville area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONROD View Post
now we need a place, any ideas.
We're supposed to go to Buffalo Wild Wings in the St. Johns Town Center.
2003 BMW 530i|Alpine White III/SandBeige|5-Speed|148,000 miles|17" BBS RK, 8.5" Front, 10" Rear|Eibach Front and Rear AntiRoll Kit|Solowerks S1 Coilovers|"Muffler Delete" Mod|ZHP Shift Knob|Mtech Front Bumper with T-bar Grille|M Sport Steering Wheel Swap|Auxiliary Input Mod

Do you live in or near Jacksonville, FL? Interested in hooking up with fellow BMW owners? Check out JaxBimmers!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to DONROD Send a message via Yahoo to DONROD
Mein Auto: 2008 535i
ok so is the date ok with everyone I am cool with the place
Old 07-28-2013, 07:38 PM

Yes, speak now or forever hold your peace! I'm starting a separate thread with the final information on the meet tomorrow. Once that's posted, there's no going back.
2003 BMW 530i|Alpine White III/SandBeige|5-Speed|148,000 miles|17" BBS RK, 8.5" Front, 10" Rear|Eibach Front and Rear AntiRoll Kit|Solowerks S1 Coilovers|"Muffler Delete" Mod|ZHP Shift Knob|Mtech Front Bumper with T-bar Grille|M Sport Steering Wheel Swap|Auxiliary Input Mod

Do you live in or near Jacksonville, FL? Interested in hooking up with fellow BMW owners? Check out JaxBimmers!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:13 AM

do it
Old 07-29-2013, 05:22 PM

Mein Auto: E46 M3
What time Wednesday?
Old 07-29-2013, 05:37 PM

How does 7:00 sound?

Old 07-29-2013, 05:40 PM

good to me, post something about it so we can get the head count, and maybe call to see about getting something done at BW3
Old 07-29-2013, 06:21 PM

Mein Auto: 97 M3

sucks... wanted to attend but there are several of us that are out of town and can't make it on a week night. figured we were going to be doing it on a weekend like most meets

Sent from my SGH-T999 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-29-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sway376 View Post
sucks... wanted to attend but there are several of us that are out of town and can't make it on a week night. figured we were going to be doing it on a weekend like most meets
Man... everyone's schedule is different. I can do weekends or weekdays. I know there's some guys meeting at Sonic on Saturday nights. Would you be able to make it to one of those?

Old 07-29-2013, 06:31 PM

how many people can not make a sat afternoon meet?

Old 07-29-2013, 06:45 PM

just wondering because i know there are 3 of us coming over 1 1/2 hours drive time. i can't come during the week because i would have to call in work the next day. plus part of the excitement of meets is to cruise after and you want to do that in the day. at least that's what I've seen going to meets. if I'm wrong then I'm sorry. not tying to be a bitch but i just think a day weekend meet would be better. maybe that's just my personal opinion and I'm speeking only for me... if so then just ignore it. btw thank you bio for the decal... looks sick bro. hope that platinum worked for ya lol

Old 07-29-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
just wondering because i know there are 3 of us coming over 1 1/2 hours drive time. i can't come during the week because i would have to call in work the next day. plus part of the excitement of meets is to cruise after and you want to do that in the day. at least that's what I've seen going to meets. if I'm wrong then I'm sorry. not tying to be a bitch but i just think a day weekend meet would be better. maybe that's just my personal opinion and I'm speeking only for me... if so then just ignore it. btw thank you bio for the decal... looks sick bro. hope that platinum worked for ya lol
Don't worry, I'm not mad! I appreciate the constructive criticism. I've been trying to get specific dates from people for weeks but no one has spoken up. When were you thinking would be a good time to meet?

Old 07-29-2013, 07:13 PM

in all due fairness... you are the originator of this post. i don't want to take over. just thought I'd share my 2 cents. i just feel a day meet would be better. when you cruise you want people to see the bimmers all in a row. plus the more visable the meet, the more other bimmers might see and be interested in hanging out then or on future meets. but if you were going to do a later meet, i would say do it sat, do the meet and all, cruise and then we all roll to sonic in a group....that sounds cool too. but are they still meeting up at like 11 at sonic? that might be a lil too late for some

Old 07-29-2013, 07:16 PM

Mein Auto: 135i
Maybe we could setup a cruise/meet after the next cars and coffee? There are usually a good number of BMWs there so we could get some more people that don't follow the forums.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:24 PM

yeah i was thinking able cars and coffee too... how early do they meet? and who has a big yard? we should do a cookout after a meet sometime too.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
in all due fairness... you are the originator of this post. i don't want to take over. just thought I'd share my 2 cents. i just feel a day meet would be better. when you cruise you want people to see the bimmers all in a row. plus the more visable the meet, the more other bimmers might see and be interested in hanging out then or on future meets. but if you were going to do a later meet, i would say do it sat, do the meet and all, cruise and then we all roll to sonic in a group....that sounds cool too. but are they still meeting up at like 11 at sonic? that might be a lil too late for some
Trust me, I need all the insight I can get. This is the first car meet I've ever started. If we do Saturday, I will be up on the 10th. I won't be back on a Saturday until I move up for good on the 26th (Monday).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSP_135i View Post
Maybe we could setup a cruise/meet after the next cars and coffee? There are usually a good number of BMWs there so we could get some more people that don't follow the forums.
What date does that take place on?

Old 07-29-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalBassist View Post
Trust me, I need all the insight I can get. This is the first car meet I've ever started. If we do Saturday, I will be up on the 10th. I won't be back on a Saturday until I move up for good on the 26th (Monday).

What date does that take place on?
The next cars and coffee is the 10th

here is the FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/360705250724066/
Old 07-30-2013, 04:25 PM

Sat afternoon. is cool with me or even a sunday meet up early then we can drive somewhere to get lunch. I am down for what ever
Old 07-30-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONROD View Post
Sat afternoon. is cool with me or even a sunday meet up early then we can drive somewhere to get lunch. I am down for what ever
Alright, that settles it. We'll meet Saturday, August 10th at the cars and coffee, then when can have a convoy to lunch afterwards. I'll post a link to a new thread with directions and to get a head count of everyone who is going!

Old 07-31-2013, 12:57 AM

count me in,
Old 07-31-2013, 05:01 AM

Before I make a new thread to get our official headcount, I figured it would be a good idea to find a place we could all meet up at earlier so we can have a convoy over to Cars and Coffee and park next to each other. This would be optional, but Sway and I were talking about it last night and we thought it would be cool to have our Bimmers roll in together.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:24 AM

How about meeting at harbor freight on beach? It is pretty easy to get to from Southside, plenty of space, and should be pretty empty that time of day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-31-2013, 12:26 PM

Just tell me where to meet up, I will go where it is convenient for you all, I am at the beach so no point meeting there.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i MSport
I'm good with the 10th. I might have to just see you guys at cars & coffee. I'll more than likely be toting along one of my girls...or maybe all 3, so I have to work around snack/lunch/nap times.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSP_135i View Post
How about meeting at harbor freight on beach? It is pretty easy to get to from Southside, plenty of space, and should be pretty empty that time of day.
Beach as in Beach BLVD? I was cruising down that yesterday. That would be a good meeting place.

On a side note, I heard about the tornado up there today. Hope that didn't affect any of you guys.