Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto: Graphite & Silver E92/E60
Yes, it might be obvious that I dislike F30 as a replacement for E9x. In my opinion it could have been better. This does not mean F30 is ****. It is still a decent car. So you do not know what I fully think about F30.

Second, I am not stretching anything Mr. Volunteer COP.... guilty judgment before you even turn the sirens off.

Now, let me say it in simple words so that I do not warrant your attack. I relayed what he told me and maybe you forgot to read the part where I said

"Anyways, I take what he says with a pinch of salt because your personal reasons can cloud your judgment."

So relax with your judgmental self. Just cause you bought a F30 does not mean you have to attack anyone who does not like it to the extent you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
It is obvious you do not like the F30 or the direction that BMW is going, but you are really stretching now to make your point. Recycled materials doesn't necessarily mean cheaper or lower quality. I'd be willing to bet that every car out there has some recycled metal in them including upscale cars. It is the way of the world nowadays. For example: if you go buy new calipers for your car it is not brand new metal from ore from the ground. It's either rebuilt or recycled from something which is why you get a core charge for most car parts.

Most Porches are mid-engine cars and generally harder to work on because of access to the motor and are quite cramped. I'd be very surprised if a lot of mechanics shared your mechanics opinion.

Besides Porches SUV's and the Panamerica your saying a dedicated sports car is more fun to drive than a 3 series (besides M cars). No sh**! I'm sure nobody here thought that.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 07-23-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:43 PM

Relax, you do not own the forum and nor does it come to you in inheritance from your grand pappy. So who are you to tell me to stop post my opinions.

LOL, your maturity is evident in your personal attacks. Why don't you take your own advice and stop posting since you have nothing positive to contribute to the discussion at hand except for showing your behind.

Now run along if you do not like my opinion in a discussion you do not have to read it or reply to it, just move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
So, stop posting about it , and simply don't buy it. It's obvious you don't like it. That's fine of course. It's your money. Go buy the car that is better for you. You seem to like the lexus. Go get it. Don't give me brand loyalty, BMW used to do this or that. If they don't make a product you like, just move on.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-23-2013, 04:51 PM

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
This is a good post that I agree with.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i xDrive, X1 28ixDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
Yes, it might be obvious that I dislike F30 as a replacement for E9x. In my opinion it could have been better. This does not mean F30 is ****. It is still a decent car. So you do not know what I fully think about F30.

Second, I am not stretching anything Mr. Volunteer COP.... guilty judgment before you even turn the sirens off.

Since you started with generalizing base less things about me as if you can read mind. You are not god nor know all my thoughts. I guess I could be justified to say that you cops are all the same with jumping to conclusions as if you are god almighty and the tone of your post is pathetic and disrespectful. As if you guys are better then everyone else.

Now, let me say it in simple words so that I do not warrant your attack. I relayed what he told me and maybe you forgot to read the part where I said

"Anyways, I take what he says with a pinch of salt because your personal reasons can cloud your judgment."

So relax with your judgmental self.
Some of you guys confuse the hell out of me. For how many posts in how many threads have you and others run down the F30 and the new direction BMW is going. Than you turn around and say, well, it's not that bad, I still might get one?

How would I and others ever have gotten the idea that you didn't like BMW's anymore? You seem pretty up front with your strong opinions so it didn't seem like it would take a judge mental mind reader to figure out what you were thinking. Some of us just suggested that it is your right and your money to move on to another car and brand as you have stated post after post of the same negativeness towards BMW and the F30 specifically. All I and others are saying is we get it, you don't like it and BMW is not going to change. It is what it is. You either like them or you don't so move on with your life and buy a different brand car.

I apologize if this seems like a personal attack and it hurt your feelings. It was not meant that way.

The generalized comment that Porsches are more fun to drive than BMW's and in your context the 3 series seemed like a no duh moment. Don't worry I have them to and I fully expect you to pounce on me when I do it.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:44 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Some of you guys confuse the hell out of me. For how many posts in how many threads have you and others run down the F30 and the new direction BMW is going. Than you turn around and say, well, it's not that bad, I still might get one?

How would I and others ever have gotten the idea that you didn't like BMW's anymore? You seem pretty up front with your strong opinions so it didn't seem like it would take a judge mental mind reader to figure out what you were thinking. Some of us just suggested that it is your right and your money to move on to another car and brand as you have stated post after post of the same negativeness towards BMW and the F30 specifically. All I and others are saying is we get it, you don't like it and BMW is not going to change. It is what it is. You either like them or you don't so move on with your life and buy a different brand car.

I apologize if this seems like a personal attack and it hurt your feelings. It was not meant that way.

The generalized comment that Porsches are more fun to drive than BMW's and in your context the 3 series seemed like a no duh moment. Don't worry I have them to and I fully expect you to pounce on me when I do it.
People hate change.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Fight On!

Mein Auto: BMW M3, Z4 M Coupe
Quote:
Because they are not mutually exclusive? Just because you don't like BMW's direction doesn't mean that you hate everything about it or that you don't hate the other brands more.

It's a little silly to having to defend your purchase decision so fiercely when someone brings up something even remotely negative about it. We all like the brand (regardless of how much some want to complain about it); otherwise, we wouldn't be wasting our valuable time here. Why can't we just respect each other's opinions and agree to disagree instead of resorting to childish comments like "leave the forum if you don't like my car" or "it's just a group of envious folks who can't afford the new model."

BMW CCA Member #xx4477
2006 Z4 M Coupe (e86) 6MT
2013 M3 Coupe (e92) 6MT
Old 07-23-2013, 06:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F30 Sportline
Quote:
Relax, you do not own the forum and nor does it come to you in inheritance from your grand pappy. So who are you to tell me to stop post my opinions.

LOL, your maturity is evident in your personal attacks. Why don't you take your own advice and stop posting since you have nothing positive to contribute to the discussion at hand except for showing your behind.

Now run along if you do not like my opinion in a discussion you do not have to read it or reply to it, just move on.
wow, lol.. looks like I struck a nerve. I am suggesting you vote with your wallet, and buy a car you like. You are posting your opinions repeatedly how bmw failed. Thats great, its your opinion, you are entitled to it.

Not sure how me recommending that you move on from a car you really, really do not like is considered a personal attack, or how I somehow am trying to "own the forum". I just really get tired of people repeatedly posting how much they hate this or hate that, when they should be voting with their money. THAT will bring change. Posting here about how much you feel the interior is crap compared to your e90 will NOT bring change.

If you want to feel that posing that you should buy what makes you happy is a personal, attack, then I am not sure what to tell you. YOUR post is a personal attack. My post was a recommendation that you purchase something that makes you happy.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
Because they are not mutually exclusive? Just because you don't like BMW's direction doesn't mean that you hate everything about it or that you don't hate the other brands more.

It's a little silly to having to defend your purchase decision so fiercely when someone brings up something even remotely negative about it. We all like the brand (regardless of how much some want to complain about it); otherwise, we wouldn't be wasting our valuable time here. Why can't we just respect each other's opinions and agree to disagree instead of resorting to childish comments like "leave the forum if you don't like my car" or "it's just a group of envious folks who can't afford the new model."
I think they definitely go hand in hand. Seems like if a company doesn't produce what you like anymore or have a gone in a direction that you don't like it seems pretty silly to continue to purchase their products doesn't it?

I used to be a Nissan guy and have found a better car. Nissan/Infinity build great cars and I've had around 8 of them from 300zx, Altima, Maxima and a G35x. I like the BMW better so I bought the F30 after a brief mistake with a 2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 of which I can tell you does not even compare with the F30 328ix. I'm not defending my purchase as I am not blind to some of the things I don't like about the F30, but I am willing to invest and change the things I don't like. Such as buying new wheels with PSS non run flats, JB4 tuner, Mperformance exhaust and hopefully soon coilovers, if any body ever comes out with them for the xDrive. Then last Mperformance brakes or used 335 ones. For me that will be just about a perfect car for what I want.

Then in 4-5 years when BMW comes out with a new 3 series and if I don't like it I will move on to something I do like if they don't fit my needs. I won't spend endless amount of time talking about a car I don't like. Yes, it's a free country and free forum so post away. But don't be surprised when you get pushback from people on the forum that do like their cars. Especially when people start making ridiculous arguments about recycled materials and such.

Edit: I never told anyone to leave the forum, just don't understand what some people hope to accomplish by endless posts about things they or we can't change.

Last edited by minn19; 07-23-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:05 PM

I never said to "leave the forum"... I said to "move on" which may have been taken that way, but was ment as "move on from this car, to one you like". I do not need to defend my purchase. I like my car, its why I bought it. Its fine if someone else does not like it. As I keep saying, that is their right.

Someone made a restaurant reference, so I am going to use that as an analogy:

You have a favorite restaurant. You have been going there for years, and love their food. Its a happening spot. You go there at least once a month for 6 years. You get to know the chef, and are willing to put up with the occasional undercooked dish because you really love the place, the chef, and feel connected to them. In year 7 they get a new chef. You go there, and the dishes are just not the same. It feels like they are using slightly worse quality meat. The servers are not quite as good. You no longer have a connection to them as YOUR chef is gone. There are also a couple of other restaurants that upped their game that are in the same neighborhood.

New people LOVE the restaurant, but YOU know how good it was, and how good it now isnt. You try to tell the newbies how much better it was, but they are not listening. They gravitate toward trendy stuff and this is the hot spot right now.

Do you continue to go to "your" restaurant, while telling everyone how much better it used to be, or do you just "move on" and go try out the new restaurant? You may be sad "your" restaurant is not for you anymore, but they no longer make what you like... so why continue to go there? The new restaurant is getting good reviews... maybe its time to try them out, instead of standing outside the old place with signs talking about how horrible it is now.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:28 PM

+1

I guess it is a trend with not all but only few F30 posters. They want to defend their purchase decision so fiercely that they can't take part in a civil discussion about cars. Instead they have to attack you at in a childish fashion asking you to leave or not post your opinion. All because their feelings got hurt because F30 is above flaws and how dare you dislike few things about their purchase decision.

How about some of you relax and learn to agree to disagree and maybe engage in positive discussion. I believe this a car forum where one can talk cars without yelling at other to leave and go buy some thing else. If you want to discuss automotive matters then participate and reply to peoples post. Otherwise find an exit for yourself as that is the advice you throw upon others who are here to discuss F30 which is a car being discussed on car forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post

Last edited by Kayani_1; 07-24-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:21 PM

Wow, lol at your lack of understanding simple concept. Oh how memory works so selectively

May be you should reread your post that was unwarranted in its aggressive and immature nature.

Here is your prior post in quotes.

"So, stop posting about it , and simply don't buy it. It's obvious you don't like it. That's fine of course. It's your money. Go buy the car that is better for you. You seem to like the lexus. Go get it. Don't give me brand loyalty, BMW used to do this or that. If they don't make a product you like, just move on.

It seems like you are the one who got your feeling hurt not me. You are the one who is telling me to stop posting on a car forum where discussion about cars takes place. All because you are upset and want to defend your purchase decision so fiercely.

Listen carefully, this is a car forum here we discuss cars of all types. In this thread we are discussing F30. If you can't handle the discussion and feel the urge to yell out at people that are participating in discussion at hand such things as you did.......

"Stop posting about my purchase, Why don't you simply not buy it. It is obvious you don't like it. Go buy a car that is better for you, you seem to like Lexus, Go get it, Don't give me brand loyalty, just move on"

......then you are the one who should take your own advice and exit. Because it is quiet childish and immature to defend your purchase decision with such blind rage at the expense of being rude and not making a single positive contribution to the automotive discussion at hand.

Now, I don't recall me nor anyone else asked you for a lesson on economics or how to fund our opinions with our wallets. Also, neither did I or anyone else ask for your permission to post any further of our thoughts on F30 forum. But yet you pretended as if we asked for your permission. Thus, in my reply..... me kindly telling you that your grand pappy does not own this forum and that we have the right to participate in a discussion on merits of F30 without you telling us to move on and stop posting about it..

I also did not ask for your input on my next car purchase nor created a thread open for that discussion. Yet, you felt the un-controlling urge to do so anyways. All the while using your condescending tone to tell me to move on, and stop posting. When I think it is quiet clear that you are the one who should take your own advice and Thus, my reply suggested that.

I think it quiet evident by non stop attacking negative tone of your post above quoted by me that you are the one that is foaming at mouth. All because you got your feeling hurt in a simple discussion about F30. Why cause I and few other find F30 to be the softest 3 series ever made and lacking in driving dynamics. You have purchased it and now find obligated to attack fiercely anyone who does not see eye to eye with you.

Bottom, line is you need to relax and take a deep breath. It is only a car forum where merely cars are discussed at length and their virtues and shortcomings. You do not have to yell at people to move on or tell them forcefully what they should buy. Now if you want to participate in an intelligent discussion about virtues of F30 then please enlighten us. Otherwise you are making a mockery of yourself and others by side tracking the discussion at hand with nonsense immature attacks.

Oh, and last but not least I am sure me or the others who do not find F30 to be as good as previous 3 series had no intention of attacking your personal purchase decision. Because we know nothing of the factors that went into your decision and neither did you ever solicit our opinion on that matter. Thus, it was not a personal attack against your purchase of F30 by anyone of us as we have no right to do so.

So, either participate in this discussion in a logical way or stop attacking others who are here to merely discuss the merits of F30 and not your purchase decision. As that is not our agenda and neither should be yours. Even at the end if we don't see eye to eye we can agree to disagree.

Quote:
wow, lol.. looks like I struck a nerve. I am suggesting you vote with your wallet, and buy a car you like. You are posting your opinions repeatedly how bmw failed. Thats great, its your opinion, you are entitled to it.

Not sure how me recommending that you move on from a car you really, really do not like is considered a personal attack, or how I somehow am trying to "own the forum". I just really get tired of people repeatedly posting how much they hate this or hate that, when they should be voting with their money. THAT will bring change. Posting here about how much you feel the interior is crap compared to your e90 will NOT bring change.

If you want to feel that posing that you should buy what makes you happy is a personal, attack, then I am not sure what to tell you. YOUR post is a personal attack. My post was a recommendation that you purchase something that makes you happy.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 07-24-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Says who?

The new IS 350 F-sport just recently beat BMW F30 335i M-sport based on better driving dynamics in a recent 5 car comparison. So when is the last time a 3 series in BMW history has ever lost to a Lexus IS.

I think it is getting a bit sad for BMW enthusiast to know how their brand is being diluted day by day in name of good business.

A good business mantra......I say my behind.

A good business sense would be to realize what brought them to be such a coveted brand to begin with. It was not by making cars that appealed to masses. To be honest BMW was never for those guys that wanted curb appeal or soft core floaty luxury rides or dash strokers. It was also not for wife's and old folks that complained about steering wheel being on the heavy side because it was hard for them to deal with mall parking lot maneuvers.

Because you know what you could buy a lot of other cars that had greater looks and curb appeal. There were also cars out there that were more ideal for dash strokers not to mention car that were far more luxurious feeling with soft floaty rides to satisfy those with back issues from old age or injuries.

The reason BMW became popular was because it was made for those that wanted a driving dynamics of Porsche like sports cars with seating for 4-5 and greater practicality. Folks that wanted to drive a car that was as close to a sports car without sacrificing the practicality of carrying a family. A car that would put a smile on your face during daily driving and not only good for tracking. A car that felt connected to driver with excellent driving dynamics.

Enthusiast, are the one that build this brand. Because everyone wanted to find out what was so good about BMW's that these enthusiast would swear by it. It started to gain ground over cars like MB and Audi. The BMW brand established it self with slogans of driving dynamics first. If you wanted the best in sports luxury BMW was the name to reckon with.

It got down to a point that every Tom, Dick, and Harry wanted a BMW. They do not fully understand why but it is because it is the best in its class. However, after owning one they will gripe oh the steering is too heavy my wrist hurts, the dash is not as nice as Audi, the luxury/curb appeal is not as good as MB. The ride is not as soft as Lexus and neither are the gizmos.

So here comes BMW upper management lusting after these new found customers who did not enjoy BMW core values as they they never understood them. They just bought BMW's as some sort of status symbol of owning the best in its class.

In order to attract more of these so called greater sales and new found customers BMW changed its slogan to Efficient dynamics. Now BMW have become more about efficiency and soft core luxury and tech gizmos then driving dynamics.

Thus, the most soft core 3 series in BMW's history called F30 is here. Ditto with F10 and others.

Anyways my 2 cents.....End rant.
In this post, are you or are not calling people that buy new BMW's and specifically the F30 a bunch of dash strokers who only care about curb appeal etc..? If so, please answer this question. If you are saying this and BMW has strayed so far from what kind of car appeals to you, why would buy another BMW product?

I am not writing this to defend my purchase decision. If you read my post you could see that I do not think the F30 is a perfect car. I think it is very good as is, but not perfect. Again, I am absolutely baffled as to why you would consider buying another BMW if you truly feel this way. Especially since there are so many good cars in this segment.

Last, I am really not trying to be a smart ass with this next statement. If you think I and jjrandorin's posts to you are just nasty personal attacks, you really need to grow thicker skin.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:28 AM

Motortrend Comparison test... Again

@ kayani

Pretty funny that you are adding words to my posts to attempt to make some sort of point. Your 1st quote of me is accurate. Your second quote has a pretty important added line which I did not say:

"Stop posting about my purchase".

I neither posted that or implied it. You seem to think that because someone is tired of seeing the same people recite the same complaints over and over and over and over, that somehow means they do not like discussion or feel defensive.

It's a car forum, for discussion, and for owners and prospective owners to get information. I have learned a lot here in a short time and appreciate people who provide opinions both positive and negative. I dont get people who seem to enjoy bashing a product they are going to buy. I simply dont understand that. Discuss, yes... bash, no. I also dont get people who repeatedly bash a product they are NOT going to buy. If, after I gather all of the information necessary to me to make a purchase, I determine the item in question is not worth my money, I don't continuously tell others how bad it is. I just buy the product thats right for me.

I realize that might be different for others, but I just dont get it. That does not seem like discussion.... however I absolutely stay away from any political discussions on the internet as they usually cause exactly this kind of unresolvable back and forth... and sometimes people just post to agitate, rather than get information, or share in discussion. I am trying to find someplace where I personally attacked you, and I dont see one. Obviously you do, since you keep personally attacking me.

Its all good though, my mistake is caring that someone is attacking me for a reason I dont understand, so you are certainly right in that respect. I also agree with you that we should probably "agree to disagree". because I think our ideas of "discussion" are different, and thats fine too.

Last edited by jjrandorin; 07-25-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:12 AM

LOL......r u serious.

You said "Stop posting about it"

What is it in that statement.............maybe your selective memory is not working. The "it" is F30 right

Now did you purchase F30 or steal it. I am hoping you purchased it. Thus, your implied statement stop posting about my purchase.

Hope that clears it for you. Now good day. As my intention was not to attack your purchase but rather discuss F30 objectively. But it seems like you are offended.

Quote:
@ kayani

Pretty funny that you are adding words to my posts to attempt to make some sort of point. Your 1st quote of me is accurate. Your second quote has a pretty important added line which I did not say:

"Stop posting about my purchase".

I neither posted that or implied it. You seem to think that because someone is tired of seeing the same people recite the same complaints over and over and over and over, that somehow means they do not like discussion or feel defensive.

It's a car forum, for discussion, and for owners and prospective owners to get information. I have learned a lot here in a short time and appreciate people who provide opinions both positive and negative. I dont get people who seem to enjoy bashing a product they are going to buy. I simply dont understand that. Discuss, yes... bash, no. I also dont get people who repeatedly bash a product they are NOT going to buy. If, after I gather all of the information necessary to me to make a purchase, I determine the item in question is not worth my money, I don't continuously tell others how bad it is. I just buy the product thats right for me.

I realize that might be different for others, but I just dont get it. That does not seem like discussion.... however I absolutely stay away from any political discussions on the internet as they usually cause exactly this kind of unresolvable back and forth... and sometimes people just post to agitate, rather than get information, or share in discussion. I am trying to find someplace where I personally attacked you, and I dont see one. Obviously you do, since you keep personally attacking me.

Its all good though, my mistake is caring that someone is attacking me for a reason I dont understand, so you are certainly right in that respect. I also agree with you that we should probably "agree to disagree". because I think our ideas of "discussion" are different, and thats fine too.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 07-27-2013 at 11:18 PM.