Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:30 AM

Mein Auto: 123d M Sport Coupe
Window Problem

Hi All,

Apologies if there has bern a recent post on this subject before but i was wondering if anyone can help?

I recently purchased my first BMW (09 plate 123d M Sport Coupe) - very excited! Had no issues with it so far, however, got home on Friday evening after work (parked on a street a few streets away from home) - now i know i lock the car everytime i walk away from it - still got the precious paranoid owner syndrome. Anyway, I've just wondered out (sat afternoon) to pop to the shops and the passenger window was fully down, drivers window up and car locked - to make matters worse it had been raining for a few hours!!! The horror!! The leather seat was soaked as was the leather trim on the passenger door, in fact the entire passenger side of the car was soaked!! Sooooo upset!!

I know there is a function on the key fob if you press the unlock button twice the windows will open half way as you open the door, then close when you close the door. But I am unaware of a function that opens "one" window when the car is locked, even once you've walked away from the car!!! Not sure how I'd explain that one to my insurance company!! I have a suspicion that if i hold the lock / unlock button down it may lower the windows when its locked - but no proof of this.

Anyway, is there anyone out there that's had the same problem and knows a quick fix to this problem? Before it gets nicked!! and save me taking it into BMW and walking out missing several hundred pounds from my bank account!!

Thank for any advice

M
Ads by Google
Old 07-30-2013, 06:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5d, 2009 128 Conv.
I had this issue with my 2009 128i here in the states. It was still under warranty and eventually BMW replaced the motor, the regulator and reprogramed the window. The issue is something is binding in the window mechanism causing the system to sense something is getting pinched in the window. When this is sensed the car rolls the window completely down. No one could ever point to the actual reason it happened but since replacing all the parts my problem has not returned. The technician that worked on my car also suggested annually lubricating the rails in the door with a silicon base lubricant to keep the glass from sticking.

2010 X5d Vermillion Red, Sand Beige Nevada, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather, 3rd Row Seat, Tech Pkg, Trailer Hitch, Ipod
2009 128i Crimson Red, Boston Terra Leather, Premium Pkg, Nav, Heated Seats, Ipod
2008 X5 3.0si (Traded In)
2005 X5 3.0 (Traded In)
2003 325i (Sold)
Old 08-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '09 135i & '11 328xi SWgn
I don't think the cause was you holding down the unlock button on your key fob. In each of the 4 BMW's we've owned (including my 2009 135i), more than one window opens when you hold down the unlock button. In my 135, the driver AND passenger window descend at the same time and the same rate, and then the sunroof opens. If you can program only the passenger window to open.... it's something I've never seen/figured out. What BJKBerg wrote makes the most sense.

We had our X5 at the dealer for service several years ago, and they left the sunroof open overnight - and there was a 2" thunderstorm. When my wife picked up the car, there was standing water in the footwells. They removed the carpet, dried everything out, and then I put a dehumidifier and fan in the cargo area when we brought it home. We never had an electrical problem or mold issue... so I hope you have the same good luck!