Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-04-2013, 11:29 AM

Mein Auto: Manual 335i
Question Few questions about '07 335i coupe

Hello,

This is my first bimmer, and I have yet to figure out some pretty basic things. I was hoping I could get some help from somebody here.

1. Does the car really need service if I've only put on about 5k miles in about 9 months, since I bought it? (The car's begging for "Service!," but I assumed that, although it wasn't a CPO, the dealer did all the basic service to it.)

2. What should I expect at the service, aside from the oil/oil filter change, and what's an average fair amount to pay for it? (I wonder if it's worth doing some or all of it oneself...)

3. Can somebody direct me to a list of compatible Android phones with this car? (I have a Droid 4 and pairing has been a failure.)

I'd really appreciate any input on this.

Peccator
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Bad Lieutenant

Mein Auto: S65B40 Powered
Use the search button and you'll get a lot more answers here. All of these questions have been addressed in the past 6-7 years.

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Schwartz/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust
Old 08-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Pedant and Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 335d, 328d, Toyota T100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peccator View Post
1. Does the car really need service if I've only put on about 5k miles in about 9 months, since I bought it? (The car's begging for "Service!," but I assumed that, although it wasn't a CPO, the dealer did all the basic service to it.)

2. What should I expect at the service, aside from the oil/oil filter change, and what's an average fair amount to pay for it? (I wonder if it's worth doing some or all of it oneself...)

3. Can somebody direct me to a list of compatible Android phones with this car? (I have a Droid 4 and pairing has been a failure.)
Yes, it really needs it. Read the manual to discover what it wants (iDrive or turn-signal stalk). All E9x are Condition-Based-Service; the dealer does the service *ONLY* when the car asks for it.

Whatever the car's computer asks for. Might be only an oil change, might be many other things. Again, check the computer. An oil change is minimum $75, bad dealers charge much more.

BT is not a standard feature (comes with Premium package, or separately with BMW Assist.) Do you have it? Look at the headliner - if the SOS button is there and works, you've got it. If you have it, other problems, can't help you, read the manual.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
Use the search button and you'll get a lot more answers here. All of these questions have been addressed in the past 6-7 years.
Thanks for the tip. Somehow I was aware of the hundreds of threads that potentially address this questions. I was kinda trying to save some time and find a response in a bit faster way.

PS. I did go through a couple of result pages.

Last edited by Peccator; 08-04-2013 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Add a PS.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
Yes, it really needs it. Read the manual to discover what it wants (iDrive or turn-signal stalk). All E9x are Condition-Based-Service; the dealer does the service *ONLY* when the car asks for it.
Now this I didn't know. I thought they would've gone a little beyond the minimum safety checklist.

Quote:
Whatever the car's computer asks for. Might be only an oil change, might be many other things. Again, check the computer. An oil change is minimum $75, bad dealers charge much more.
Yeah... Local independent shop wants $120 min. for oil change and it includes them checking for other needs. Others want more.

Quote:
BT is not a standard feature (comes with Premium package, or separately with BMW Assist.) Do you have it? Look at the headliner - if the SOS button is there and works, you've got it. If you have it, other problems, can't help you, read the manual.
Thanks. I have BT and I've tried. Manual suggests I go to their website.

Last edited by Peccator; 08-04-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peccator View Post
Hello,

This is my first bimmer, and I have yet to figure out some pretty basic things. I was hoping I could get some help from somebody here.

I'd really appreciate any input on this.

Peccator

[1] Yes
[2] Dealer = expensive for anything
[3] No
Old 08-07-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
[1] Yes
[2] Dealer = expensive for anything
[3] No
Hey, thanks! Couldn't have done it without good help.