Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 08-02-2013, 05:00 AM

Mein Auto: bmw320d msport coupe
windscreen washer reservoir

My son has a leak at bottom hose fitting on his windscreen washer reservoir ( 2005 330d ).
would like a p/n for the "o" ring/grommet on this hose. He also has a fault with the passenger wing mirror , which no longer dips when reversing.Thanks for any help with these problems.
Ads by Google
Old 08-02-2013, 07:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ist schnell! (03 330i SC)
Go to realoem. Com for the part no. If its the grommet around the pump these are sold at the parts sites and shouldnt need part no. My mirror does the same. Wondering if the works need some lube like white lithium or similar.
DIY On deck: Rear Diff bushing. UUC SSK, clutch job eventually, Wavetrac LSD

Last edited by ahull; 08-02-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:17 PM

Mein Auto: 325Ci, 325Cic, C300

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenlivet View Post
My son has a leak at bottom hose fitting on his windscreen washer reservoir ( 2005 330d ).
would like a p/n for the "o" ring/grommet on this hose. He also has a fault with the passenger wing mirror , which no longer dips when reversing.Thanks for any help with these problems.
You sure it's the grommet, and not the pump? Over the years I've noticed it's either the windshield washer pump internal seal, or the headlight washer hose that connects to the fitting that connects to the headlight washer pump, that leaks.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:20 AM

Thanks for the input lads , further investigation appears to be necessary in both cases.
Mirror on l/h side does not adjust at all.
Car is not always available as my son uses it daily.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:36 AM

Mein Auto: BMW e46 1,9l M43
There was that kind discussion about mirrors some while ago.
Might bring you some thoughts about what to do.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...297&highlight=
Old 08-03-2013, 02:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330CiC

A new washer pump is about $20-$25 at oembimmerparts.com. A 1 out of 10 on the difficulty scale.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-04-2013, 02:25 PM

That seems to be about my level of difficulty and price range I will pursue this course of action. Thanks to all who replied with relevant information.