Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 08-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via ICQ to groundeffect
Mein Auto: 335i
Ok pointandgo
Where am I coming from? A point of humanity I hope.You? A point of retaliation?
But hey..go ahead, cast your aspersions..Yeah.. 'I got it" a repeat perp!..do you get some sort of enjoyment from the op's retaliation? Just curios.

I was trying to re-humanize the situation...I laugh at those who think that -ohh I have had revenge-now all is right !OOOO
y experience is different..if yours is different, I'm all ears!
Old 08-04-2013, 05:20 AM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Don't Park like a D-bag

I think the point is that there are basic social norms in any society that people are expected to follow for the good of everyone involved. Sometimes these are serious enough to be codified into law other times the rules and their regulation are more informal.

When someone violates the social norms there is an expectation of some social sanction. sanctions provide 3 basic functions 1) It corrects the behavior for the individual, 2) reminds everyone what the social norms are, 3) reinforces collective solidarity-we can all come together in common understanding of the norms.

This guy acted like a selfish pr!ck and after multiple repeat offenses he got a gentle reminder of the social norms. His actions impact others and they reminded him of it. In capturing and disseminating the violation, sanction, and their mild amusement at his displeasure the video also served functions 2-3.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video: https://vimeo.com/60051914
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 08-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Bad Lieutenant

Mein Auto: S65B40 Powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by groundeffect View Post
My health is phenomenal, thanks!
I couldn't really care less about this thread- therefore- I may be hypocritical in my response.
I get that.
The chalk you speak of....really? Kind'a universal isn't it?
You think a DB will recognize chalk when he didn't recognize his previous stupidity?
I hope you are right!
No factor either way for me in this instance..
I guess, I wish re-testing was required to re-aquire a licence after the age of 60 or so...
The point of the chalk was public humiliation; someone who parks like that could care less, you're right on that point.

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Schwartz/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust
Old 08-04-2013, 11:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ismagic# View Post
I think the point is that there are basic social norms in any society that people are expected to follow for the good of everyone involved. Sometimes these are serious enough to be codified into law other times the rules and their regulation are more informal.

When someone violates the social norms there is an expectation of some social sanction. sanctions provide 3 basic functions 1) It corrects the behavior for the individual, 2) reminds everyone what the social norms are, 3) reinforces collective solidarity-we can all come together in common understanding of the norms.

This guy acted like a selfish pr!ck and after multiple repeat offenses he got a gentle reminder of the social norms. His actions impact others and they reminded him of it. In capturing and disseminating the violation, sanction, and their mild amusement at his displeasure the video also served functions 2-3.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
And, the violator didn't get their paint keyed, tires slashed or other actual damage inflicted on their car. A little discomfort for having to crawl into their car, but that is it.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:02 PM
puppet master

Mein Auto: E92 335i M Sport
I thought that it was clever, and they had video evidence if the truck got vandalized. I like the chalk idea too, but a nasty note is much quicker. And there's always this: http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/
Old 08-04-2013, 07:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 328iX Coupe
Quote:
Ok pointandgo
Where am I coming from? A point of humanity I hope.You? A point of retaliation?
But hey..go ahead, cast your aspersions..Yeah.. 'I got it" a repeat perp!..do you get some sort of enjoyment from the op's retaliation? Just curios.

I was trying to re-humanize the situation...I laugh at those who think that -ohh I have had revenge-now all is right !OOOO
y experience is different..if yours is different, I'm all ears!
I'm with you. A lot of this thread is more focused on a (probably useless) effort to change the behavior of the person in question, rather than sharing ideas to minimize the occurrence of the problem in the first place.

I'd rather encourage people than piss them off. And my earlier posts were also focused on the idea that being willing to walk farther and park my car safely without inconveniencing others is something I'm willing to do.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328 M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdriller9 View Post
So not only do you park just like this guy in the video, you also retaliate with more vandalism......

Doesn't matter if you're the only car in the lot, you still looked like a D bag taking up 2 spots
Agree fdriller. I NEVER take two spots even if I am the only car in a 1000 space parking lot. Its just an invitation for some ahole to key your car.
__________________________________________________ _______________
2013 Estoril Blue II 328i M Sport
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CttC 5  6-13.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	385.4 KB
ID:	389813   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1375134471_471502.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	389814   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1375134492_939003.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	389815  
Old 08-05-2013, 11:08 AM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
video is private?
Old 08-05-2013, 12:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35i Premium
Quote:
Seems to me to be multiple levels of douche baggery being committed on this thread.

Those who filmed the perp seem to take such glee in his misfortunes.
I cannot identify with the original perp..or those who mock him so much.
Ok..dude parks like an ahole..then...we, youtube watchers, get to see a different A hole film the original to ridicule him. WOW!
Is this what society really comes down to? Idiots being mocked by idiots?

I for one don't get it. I am old school in many ways. I do try to keep an open mind to modern humour-but this 'ain't funny to me.
Enjoy your ..I'd like to write revenge-but that would have taken balls to have confronted the original ahole in person.
Your girlish little spasms of laughter, I find incredibly immature to 'say' the least.
If you have a problem with a perpetual bad parker..write a note on his windshield or something..
PS..I park/walk several hundred meters.(yards) to avoid this kind of foolishness!
MHO
I actually agree with you whole heartily, however this is the USA...
Where people like to keep mentality such as eye for an eye and creative sarcasm is looked upon as "cool"....
2007 525i - Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Nevada Leather, Premium package, CWP, 6MT.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
1) Because idiots, for some reason known only to themselves, will seek out the only car in a given area and park next to it regardless. BTDT, got the door ding to prove it. I once parked a freshly painted 240Z behind an entire supermarket with no other vehicle in sight - walked around the entire building to buy a couple of items - walked back within 5 minutes - and there was a door ding on it. Go figure. If I had parked sideways it most likely would not have happened.

2) If no one is parked within 20 yards of you, those with two or more brain cells functional can determine that it's not a high traffic area and you can take two spots without inconveniencing others.

3) See #1.
Oh of course...that makes perfect sense now.

Btw, I call complete BS on 1). Unless someone knows who you are and they wanted to specifically ding your car.

There is no reason to ever take up two spots. If you park properly in a normal sized parking spot, your likelihood of getting dinged is quite low. If you park far out the way I do, your likelihood of getting dinged is practically 0. I am guessing it rises significantly once you double park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY

Last edited by cwinter; 08-05-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:41 PM

Mein Auto: 325CIC, 335CIC
Ah dang, wanted to watch and laugh at this again and the video is set to private!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 328iX Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post

There is no reason to ever take up to spots.
If to = two, then I understand your point of view.

And I respectfully and firmly disagree, which is probably cool for both of us.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:52 PM

Mein Auto: 325CIC, 335CIC
Found a new link
Old 08-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
If to = two, then I understand your point of view.

And I respectfully and firmly disagree, which is probably cool for both of us.
Typo fixed and of course it is cool. No hair off of my back, but imho it attracts a certain crowd that wants to "mess" with you when you park abnormally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY