Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 550I GT
GT gone. Car cover for sale

After a 10 month love/hate affair, I sold my car. I have a car cover left over. It has an antenna pocket. I used it 3 or 4 times. Paid $280.00 new. Best offer. I will ship it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	381946  
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2013, 03:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 535i GT
Yes I am interested in buying it.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars-GT View Post
After a 10 month love/hate affair, I sold my car. I have a car cover left over. It has an antenna pocket. I used it 3 or 4 times. Paid $280.00 new. Best offer. I will ship it out.
I guess I'll be the first to ask..... What did you get and why the love/hate relationship?

Alpine White
Black Dakota Leather
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
M Sport Package
Premium Sound Package
Value Package
Sport Package
Side and Top View Cameras
Smartphone Integration

Old 06-28-2013, 01:40 PM

I loved it when it was working, and hated it when it was in the shop. Every month it was a different issue. I grew tired of returning from the airport after a 4 day trip and the car not starting. Oil pump replacement, 4 times to the dealer for fuel injectors, numerous reduced engine power faults, dead battery's, etc...
I simply lost confidence in the car. It is terribly inconvient to be out with friends, or clients and have the car power down. It also gets quite embarrassing. While my dealer was very professional and helpful, I simply could not take a recommendation of parking next to an outlet to run a trickle charger while parked at the airport.
When the car was running properly, oh what a sweet ride it was. Especially on road trips. Perhaps I just had a bad car? I really do not know. But I do know I have NEVER had so many problems with my other cars (some more expensive, many less expensive). I finally just told myself I cant deal with this anymore. On to the next........
I ordered an S8
Old 06-30-2013, 10:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535i xDrive
Quote:
I loved it when it was working, and hated it when it was in the shop. Every month it was a different issue. I grew tired of returning from the airport after a 4 day trip and the car not starting. Oil pump replacement, 4 times to the dealer for fuel injectors, numerous reduced engine power faults, dead battery's, etc...
I simply lost confidence in the car. It is terribly inconvient to be out with friends, or clients and have the car power down. It also gets quite embarrassing. While my dealer was very professional and helpful, I simply could not take a recommendation of parking next to an outlet to run a trickle charger while parked at the airport.
When the car was running properly, oh what a sweet ride it was. Especially on road trips. Perhaps I just had a bad car? I really do not know. But I do know I have NEVER had so many problems with my other cars (some more expensive, many less expensive). I finally just told myself I cant deal with this anymore. On to the next........
I ordered an S8

Geez I became frustrated just reading all that you've experienced. I never owned an Audi but I did take an A7 out for a test drive when I was comparing it with the GT. The GT won out because Audi wasn't on price and I wasn't paying sticker.

Enjoy your S8!

Alpine White
Black Dakota Leather
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
M Sport Package
Premium Sound Package
Value Package
Sport Package
Side and Top View Cameras
Smartphone Integration

Old 07-01-2013, 05:21 PM

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
Unfortunately, lemons happen in every brand and model. Have only owned one Audi, and I sold that because it was requiring too many expensive repairs at a very early age. So far, I've had a couple of things on my GT, but luckily, none have made it non-op and were fixed reasonably quickly. I did need to have a couple of switches replaced, one was intermittent from day two (didn't notice it on day one!). It was the parking brake switch. The other one was the rear hatch button panel - that was intermittent at about 1-year and I think that it may have messed with the battery, as while I didn't notice an issue, the computer did, and they replaced that when they replaced the switches on the trunk. That one got to be annoying since the only way to open it was with the remote or the button in the car.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Did you at least attempt to lemon it?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 07-24-2013, 07:06 AM

No lemon law available on a used car purchase. Even a CPO car. I did get back every penny I paid for the car. I informed the dealer if they did not refund what I paid for the vehicle, I would go thru the Magnuson Ferguson Warranty Act. They were aware that I would win on this act so they did the correct thing and got me out of the car.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
No lemon law available on a used car purchase. Even a CPO car. I did get back every penny I paid for the car. I informed the dealer if they did not refund what I paid for the vehicle, I would go thru the Magnuson Ferguson Warranty Act. They were aware that I would win on this act so they did the correct thing and got me out of the car.
Good for you! I'm glad to hear that.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 08-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Beemer novice

Mein Auto: 2013 535i GT
Hello Lars. Do you still have that car cover for sale?
Thx, John