Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Beemer novice

Mein Auto: 2013 535i GT
I'm in the GT club!

Hello everyone, I'm John from the Inland Empire in Southern California. I just picked up Chloe yesterday evening and had her tinted today with 3M Color Stable, 35% front and 20% back and rear. Sorry for the poor quality photos. I'll post better ones with better lighting later. I was just too excited to share with my fellow GT aficionados! I know in a few months my 2013 model will probably look quaint with all the 2014's and their nice facelift. But this baby is everything I wanted and at a great price. I had 3 dealerships bidding for my business. It was shipped down from NoCal and was the only Imperial Blue in the whole western region.

Chloe (yes, I named her and I've never done that before) is a 2013 535i Imperial Blue (Deep Blue Sea was a distant second choice) with black Dakota interior and ash grain wood trim.
- cold weather package (yeah I know haha)
- driver assistance package
- driver assistance plus
- premium pkg
- value pkg
- 19" alloy wheels
- multi-contour seats (oh man, these are fantastic!)
- parking assistance (wife will be borrowing it sometimes )
- premium hi-fi system

The boss (wifey) says it's a midlife crisis gift from her. Haha, uh, I'm too young at 45 for a midlife crisis. I told her wait till another 10 years for the real midlife crisis when I come home with an Alpina B7! Anyhoo, enough babbling from me. I do really appreciate the knowledge that I've gained from this forum. Thanks for putting up with the long post.
Peace, John.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-1.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	391603   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-2.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	391604   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-3.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	391605   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	391606  
Ads by Google
Old 08-15-2013, 04:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11 Z4 35is / 11 535Xi GT
congrats!
2009 Z4 30i Space Gray (retired)
2011 Z4 35is Space Gray
2011 535i GT xDrive Space Gray
Old 08-15-2013, 07:57 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 535i GT
Re: I'm in the GT club!

Congrats! I also have an Imperial Blue, Black Dakota, and ash grain wood trim. What's even eerie is that we have the same tinting spread.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

2012 535i GT ED 1/9/2012

Old 08-15-2013, 08:02 AM
Beemer novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafale View Post
congrats!
Thank you!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Beemer novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycabrandz View Post
Congrats! I also have an Imperial Blue, Black Dakota, and ash grain wood trim. What's even eerie is that we have the same tinting spread.

Whoa, that's cool! Yay, I found another person with equally good taste, or bad...
Old 08-15-2013, 08:34 AM

I think the trending word in the GT forum is "unique."

2012 535i GT ED 1/9/2012

Old 08-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Beemer novice

Quote:
I think the trending word in the GT forum is "unique."

Tehehe, yes "unique" is definitely apropos when it comes to this crossover, hybrid thingamajig. I was leaning heavily toward a 7 series for this year when I spotted a GT in the fall of '12. I was instantly mesmerized. Did some research, went to test drive it, and that's all she wrote...

I love the uniqueness of this vehicle! In fact, I've seen more Tesla's around here in SoCal than I've seen GT's. We have 2 teenage boys and the versatility was a major selling point for me. My wife had a 325 in the mid 90's and that was fun to drive, but a little underpowered. She also had an X5 (we traded it in last year for her Lexus GX460) that felt "clunkerish". So far, I'm really enjoying the ride of this puppy. I'm just praying that Chloe doesn't develop the problems that I've read on this forum.

Oh, did I say the GT was unique?!?
Old 08-15-2013, 10:59 AM

I hear ya. This car has that indescribable presence. We've had our GT for over a year and a half and I still do twice over look backs when I walk away from it at a parking lot or in our garage. I've been asked and complimented numerous times about it. Utility and practicality is unmatched for our needs, a family with 2 car seats and plenty of room to spare that gets us effortlessly from A to B in a sublime and classy fashion.

My only regret is not being able to open it up like I was able to during our Euro delivery. When we drive down to or up from SoCal, I would sneak in quick sprints on some of Hwy5's long stretches. Nothing close though to the 3 digit speeds it was able to glide through on German autobahns. Like butter baby, like butter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using BimmerApp mobile app

2012 535i GT ED 1/9/2012

Old 08-16-2013, 07:46 AM
Beemer novice

Quote:
I hear ya. This car has that indescribable presence. We've had our GT for over a year and a half and I still do twice over look backs when I walk away from it at a parking lot or in our garage. I've been asked and complimented numerous times about it. Utility and practicality is unmatched for our needs, a family with 2 car seats and plenty of room to spare that gets us effortlessly from A to B in a sublime and classy fashion.

My only regret is not being able to open it up like I was able to during our Euro delivery. When we drive down to or up from SoCal, I would sneak in quick sprints on some of Hwy5's long stretches. Nothing close though to the 3 digit speeds it was able to glide through on German autobahns. Like butter baby, like butter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using BimmerApp mobile app
Wow, lucky you! That's going to be on my bucket list to drive something really nice on the autobahns when we have the time to tour Europe.

"Like butter baby, like butter." Haha
Old 08-16-2013, 07:52 AM
There is no spoon

Mein Auto: 2010 F07 550i, 2009 B8 A4
I'm in the GT club!

Congrats and enjoy! My only regret (@ 1 wk ownership as of today) is we couldn't afford 2! The only way to describe these vehicles is amazing...after driving around the other day my only "complaint" is that it's too quiet and my heart breaks a little every time I hear a click from road debris being kicked up onto our love child.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:10 AM
Beemer novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by daders View Post
Congrats and enjoy! My only regret (@ 1 wk ownership as of today) is we couldn't afford 2! The only way to describe these vehicles is amazing...after driving around the other day my only "complaint" is that it's too quiet and my heart breaks a little every time I hear a click from road debris being kicked up onto our love child.

Thank you! I have a simple solution: crank up the audio!

haha, "love child"
Old 08-16-2013, 09:14 AM
There is no spoon

Lol, that's what my wife says too! Just my OCD
Old 08-16-2013, 12:54 PM

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by daders View Post
after driving around the other day my only "complaint" is that it's too quiet and my heart breaks a little every time I hear a click from road debris being kicked up onto our love child.
The mudflaps do help...
Old 08-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
I'm in the GT club!

First congrats and welcome!

Second, enjoy your purchase but next time go through one of the site sponsors instead. I bought my first BMW ('12 740Li) through BMW riverside and they are NOT competitive and rude about haggling between them and another dealer. The Internet fleet manager whom I bought my first one was extremely rude when I gave him a quote what Greg Poland (A site sponsor Pacific BMW Glendale) gave me. I will never go back there to buy a car, nor will I get it serviced there.

Again congrats
Chris

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Beemer novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF01 View Post
First congrats and welcome!

Second, enjoy your purchase but next time go through one of the site sponsors instead. I bought my first BMW ('12 740Li) through BMW riverside and they are NOT competitive and rude about haggling between them and another dealer. The Internet fleet manager whom I bought my first one was extremely rude when I gave him a quote what Greg Poland (A site sponsor Pacific BMW Glendale) gave me. I will never go back there to buy a car, nor will I get it serviced there.

Again congrats
Chris

Thank you, Chris! The Ontario BMW is actually much closer to my home. My wife brought in her X5 there for service for years. She was treated very well and I plan to get my GT serviced there as well. I gave them and another dealership ample opportunity to earn my business. The bottom line is that they could not beat Riverside. We actually had quite a pleasant experience with the whole process at Riverside. They treated us with the utmost respect and they gave us the best price. If a site sponsor can beat the best price, I will go with them in the future. Thanks for the tip. For the next Bimmer, I will certainly let Glendale earn my business.
Cheers, John
Old 09-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Beemer novice

BMW drivers really are jerks, studies find

By Tom Bemis | The Wall Street Journal Tue, Aug 13, 2013 5:44 PM EDT

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/bmw-driv...214456020.html

Oh, I forgot to mention from the brief article that "The study of 2,837 motorists found men between the ages of 35 and 50 driving BLUE BMWs were most likely to be reported as having engaged in road-rage behaviors such as aggressive driving and swearing."

Hahaha, I can personally tell you that the study design was very flawed...

Last edited by Tr1gg3r; 09-23-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: BLUE Bimmers
Old 09-23-2013, 12:31 PM
There is no spoon

Oh dear, I can't show this to my wife...she will definitely not let me drive "her" GT at all if she reads this!
I would like to know what their pedestrian study conditions were and if they were consistent. I for one would fit into this category if they slip someone into the crosswalk if they start while it clearly says don't walk or if my light goes green and then someone starts across...
As William Shatner says in Dodgeball, "Rules are rules, there's nothing I can do!" Lol!!
Old 09-24-2013, 06:17 AM

Mein Auto: 550
nice looking car. congrats. I am dying for mine to get here....
Old 09-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Beemer novice

Lol daders, yeah they were referring to you...

Thx rogueshot, you will love driving it. And the people who can appreciate its uniqueness, they'll let you know.