Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Motorsports, Racing & Track

Motorsports, Racing & Track
From Formula One to Auto-X, discuss everything related to going fast here...

Old 06-03-2004, 04:35 AM
I reject your reality

Mein Auto: 02 Trulli-Leopard
Wanted: Mark Webber

Toyota joins hunt for Webber
Aussie courted by Jaguar, Renault, Toyota and Williams

Japanese car giant Toyota has joined the battle for the services of highly-rated Australian Mark Webber as it searches for a Formula 1 partner for Ralf Schumacher in 2005, according to this week's Autosport magazine.

Webber has long been linked with a switch from his current team Jaguar to Williams-BMW next year, but Autosport understands that Toyota has already held talks with Webber's manager, Renault team boss Flavio Briatore.

Given Williams' past record on driver salaries, it is unlikely to get dragged into a bidding war for Webber's services. Toyota, meanwhile, is believed to have one of the biggest budgets in F1, although team chiefs are quick to play that down.

Webber said: "I'm not 22 any more and I have got to make the right decisions for my future. The next decision is important for me. Formula 1 is a phenomenally fickle business."

Webber's other option would be to remain at Jaguar, where he has made his name since switching from Minardi for the 2003 season.