Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e90 m3
Edit: GVFlyer, I sent you his cell through pm and let him know that you have tried to email him a couple days ago. He should be going through his emails in a bit, or better, you could call him.

I just got this tune last weekend. It was pretty fun...we got to talk cars, I got to ask a lot of questions. I got the stage 2 tune since I have test pipes and the servotronic tune thrown in (I was able to make the cut in time and I drive a manual so no need for DCT). The car feels very different and it pulls pretty damn hard from even down low. With my setup and tune, its so easy to get to redline so quick that I can't do it on the streets too often anymore. The steering feel is also excellent. I have a canyon meet this Saturday, a track day in the middle of Sep and again at the end of Sep and I'm excited to test it out on my new setup.

He is local to me so I just drove up to his house and all the work was done in his garage. I inquired others on other available tunes out there and wanted some additional info before committing. Speaking to him, I felt comfortable enough to get his tune. Other responses were "we have XXX tune, come on in!" and I felt that was lame especially since I wrote damn near an essay when inquiring. Test pipe exhaust systems with tune are known to bring out 20-30 hp and my butt dyno can actually feel something (its hard to feel just 10hp).

How's that for mods that belong on an s2k?

I need to wipe off that sticky crap on the right side I know!

BPM stage2 + servo tune - POS exhaust - catless - driver mod (ongoing)

Last edited by pkim1079; 08-27-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
Well, you guys convinced me, but I sent him an email two days ago and haven't heard from him. He must be busy.
He's a very busy man. Call them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:21 PM

Mein Auto: E92 M3/E90 335i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Edit: GVFlyer, I sent you his cell through pm and let him know that you have tried to email him a couple days ago. He should be going through his emails in a bit, or better, you could call him.

I just got this tune last weekend. It was pretty fun...we got to talk cars, I got to ask a lot of questions. I got the stage 2 tune since I have test pipes and the servotronic tune thrown in (I was able to make the cut in time and I drive a manual so no need for DCT). The car feels very different and it pulls pretty damn hard from even down low. With my setup and tune, its so easy to get to redline so quick that I can't do it on the streets too often anymore. The steering feel is also excellent. I have a canyon meet this Saturday, a track day in the middle of Sep and again at the end of Sep and I'm excited to test it out on my new setup.

He is local to me so I just drove up to his house and all the work was done in his garage. I inquired others on other available tunes out there and wanted some additional info before committing. Speaking to him, I felt comfortable enough to get his tune. Other responses were "we have XXX tune, come on in!" and I felt that was lame especially since I wrote damn near an essay when inquiring. Test pipe exhaust systems with tune are known to bring out 20-30 hp and my butt dyno can actually feel something (its hard to feel just 10hp).

How's that for mods that belong on an s2k?

!
Thanks!

I was just joshin' you about the Honda mods, but the Asian guys in my S2000 club really do use a lot of Japanese Domestic Market stuff.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:59 PM

Dinan Performance Engine Software for E92 M3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
Thanks!

I was just joshin' you about the Honda mods, but the Asian guys in my S2000 club really do use a lot of Japanese Domestic Market stuff.
I know its all fun and games!! Wasnt offended at all ha. I joke that my car is half asian half german.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Old 08-27-2013, 09:05 PM

No offense taken. Its all fun and games. But some japanese stuff are top quality. I would say more so then american brands: adv1 vossen whatever new designer wheel out there.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:36 PM

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
I got the stage 1 with Dinan pulley and Dinan CAI and honestly with all that done the car pulls harder and is better up top.

You won't get some wow factor like the jb4/Cobb on a 335i where u up the boost by 10+psi but you will get amazing refinement a much more linear power band and of course the cold start clean up!

All and all I'd say the mods are a noticeable improvement and worth it especially if u can DIY.

Big grin and love bpm and have always Been satisfied with Dinan.

Only way you wouldn't be happy is if you're looking for raw hp... If you want that gintani stage 2 or 3 or ess 625/650
Old 08-28-2013, 08:24 AM

Were you able to make contact. Earth to bpm... Lol