Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > 6 Series DIY

6 Series DIY
6 Series Do It Yourself (DIY) forum.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 650i
My Second MOD - Cross Drilled Rotors

I recently installed the StopTech Cryo-SportStop Drilled Rotors with the StopTech Street Performance Pads and they are great. I have a much softer brake, but my stopping distance is much shorter.

I have not had them on long enough to notice a huge difference in brake dust. I also have the MGP Caliper cover, which also helps minimize brake dust.

I followed Yorgi step by step instructions on changing brakes and rotors letter by letter. My only difference was the rotors and I used non BMW Caliper Grease.

My main reason for doing it was the looks, so I am little bias when I say I have better braking, that is probably my ego, trying to justify the cost and effort of the change.

So, if you are doing it for the looks go for it! For performance, I think the StopTech Pads are just far better than the OEM and I probably would have the same result with the OEM Rotors.

Russ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC4754_2.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	351424  
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2012, 06:10 AM
Marine

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
Looks good. I was thinking of going with the EBC yellow stuff pads with drilled and slotted rotors. I am just waiting to see if I am deploying again so that I don't have another set of brakes go bad on the during 7 months that I am gone.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 650i
UPDATE. Been almost a year now, and I can say the caliper covers and brake pads have made a significant difference in brake dust. There is still brake dust, but only about 40% of what the OEM puts out, and it seems to wash off a little easier. But I only really notice the brake dust when I go over a week without washing the car. And I get a ton of compliments on the Red Caliper Covers.