Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 08-24-2013, 10:24 AM

Mein Auto: X5 e53 3.0td
DVD/SAT NAV unit NO POWER

I have a 2004/54 e53 X5 and all of a sudden whilst parked uo, my sat nav has stopped working. It said on the screen can't red disc, i've done some research and it's a common problem for the laser pick up in the DVD unit to fail. I've replaced it and it still didn't work. wouldn't even read the software disc, so i changed it back to the old laser and funnily it worked, well i say worked it read the software update disc, went through the update, but before i could eject the disc, i hit ok and for some reason i've lost power to the unit. I can hear the disc spinning up and the eject light is illuminated, but the little red power light isn't on and it wont eject the disc. I've checked all fuses, glove box and in the boot (trunk) all ok and all working!!!! can anybody help??? any ideas what has gone wrong with it??? Is there another control unit or fuse i can check??? It's starting to annoy me know, not having a sat nav. Any help would be great
Ads by Google
Old 08-30-2013, 12:34 PM

Mein Auto: X5 e53 3.0td
Well thanks for all the help guys, WOW i'm overwhelmed!!!! I found out the problem and had it fixed in under an hour, i'd like to pass on my knowledge and what the fix was, but to be honest you lot can go jump. see ya beemer bummers :-)
Old 01-31-2014, 07:23 PM

Mein Auto: 545i / X5
PJ,

I'm experiencing the same issue right now. Unfortunately I found my amp submerged in water, so after replacing that, and buying a new MK4, I still don't have power to the MK4. I do however finally have sound . Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 X5 3.0
the problem u r having is with the "navigation head unit" at the front that needs to be replaced, i have the same exact problem n wasted money buying a DVD nav system...
Old 03-11-2014, 05:46 PM

Mein Auto: 545i / X5
I just purchased a new "head unit" and still no power to the mk4 or the head unit. The buttons illuminate when lights are turned on, but no functionality other than that. No power light on the mk4 still. I'll be looking for a wiring diagram in the meantime, but any help is greatly appreciated.