Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:03 AM

Mein Auto: Subaru
Valencia Orange + Coral Red Combo

Hi everybody,

There is a nice Valencia Orange M-Sport X1 xdrive28i with black interior on the dealer lot but I am having a hard time making a decision being intrigued by the combo VO exterior + Nevada Coral Red interior. Sometimes the difference between beautiful and awful can be a very fine line. I tend to think beautiful but have not seen it in person so not absolutely sure.

Anyone on the forum with this combo? Do you love it? Hate it? Can you post pictures?

Thanks in advance,
Pierre
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2013, 10:05 AM

Mein Auto: xDrive28i
I suspect it is highly unlikely anyone has or has seen this combination. Probably for good reason. I have Coral Red in my AW and do not think it would play well with orange.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X1 x28i; 128i; S2000
Yuck...IMHO
Old 09-01-2013, 10:49 AM

Mein Auto: x1 x28i
orange + black = win

orange + red = something else
Old 09-01-2013, 10:49 AM

Mein Auto: Cars and trucks and boats
Re: Valencia Orange + Coral Red Combo

I do not think this color combo is available for order.check the 2014 order guide on the sticky at the top of the forum page

Sent from my GT-P3113 using BimmerApp mobile app
1995 525xit (gone)
Old 09-03-2013, 09:44 AM

Mein Auto: X1

I have coral red seats on my Le Mans blue X1. It looks great and I love it. It doesn't get blistering hot in the sun. And a lot of people say they like it.

I thought about VO but decided I wanted a blue car instead. VO + CR interior would be like a blood orange :-)

I'll try to post pictures later but digital cameras seem to make the red look pinkish and fluorescent. But in real life it is darker and richer.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-03-2013, 10:33 AM

Mein Auto: Mazda

You CAN get coral red interior with Valencia Orange or Le Mans Blue paint. It's just not the "recommended" color combination. As a result, you're highly unlikely to see one on a dealer's lot. All the X1s with these color combinations are likely ordered from the factory. We looked very hard at the red interior and the orange exterior. But in the end, the wife chose Le Mans blue with Beige leather.
"Beige will hide the dog hair better."

Old 09-03-2013, 08:06 PM

Thanks for all the feedback and comments. I still like the idea of VO + CR combo but I think my wife does not want to wait and wants the one on the dealership's lot right now. We will see what happens on Friday when we go back there... If it was just me it would be VO + CR + ED ;-)
Old 09-03-2013, 08:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X1, 2012 Q5
It would definitely be unique. It has been discussed here before, but I don't think the poster was serious about it. But if it's what you want, go for it. I would be concerned about resale, but who knows ... maybe you'll start a trend.

2014 Touareg TDI R Line
2012 Q5 2.0T
2002 RSX
Old 09-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Running around in circles

Mein Auto: E46 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebar View Post
Thanks for all the feedback and comments. I still like the idea of VO + CR combo but I think my wife does not want to wait and wants the one on the dealership's lot right now. We will see what happens on Friday when we go back there... If it was just me it would be VO + CR + ED ;-)
I too am thinking of this combo but I'm wary of getting it sight unseen I think black is the safe move unless I see one in person or at least in pictures.

So what did you end up doing? ED would be oh so sweet!

Previous Bimmers ( All sorely missed ):
2007 Mystic Blue 530i - ED 12-15-06
2003 Grey Green 330i
2003 Electric Red 325iTa

Angular velocity is where it's at

-Jay
Old 09-15-2013, 09:22 AM

Mein Auto: Mazda

I've seen a VO X1 with the sand beige interior and the fine line wood trim. That's a pretty sweet combo too. The beige interior looks really good against the orange exterior.
I still have not seen a VO with coral red or a Le Mans Blue with the red interior in person yet.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcatral14 View Post
I too am thinking of this combo but I'm wary of getting it sight unseen I think black is the safe move unless I see one in person or at least in pictures.

So what did you end up doing? ED would be oh so sweet!
Still waiting to pull the trigger. If we go with ED, I don't want to pick it up in the middle of winter and not be able to play on the autobahn... Besides, again if we do ED, we would want to wait for 2015 models to be out. I think that is Feb/March 14, right?