Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 745i
Question Navigation DVD woes

I'm having navigation DVD woes on a 2008 750Li I purchased in August. I thought I had this solved and was about to purchase a DVD from a forum member but then ran into some confusion that hopefully some bright spark here can clarify for me.

As stated, I have a 2008 750Li. It reads 9.8.2 hex as the latest firmware, going by the secret iDrive menu. Hardware # is 62. It has a single DVD deck in the trunk and no dash-loading DVD player.

The car, bizarrely, came with a 2002 navigation DVD from Fodors. It appears to be a legit BMW disc, PN: S0001-0114-210. Obviously, given the age it has very patchy map coverage - almost none in my area.

The reason I'm confused now is I just obtained what I thought was the correct East and West DVDs for the navigation system from the dealer I purchased the car from. I can only borrow these discs (fortunately) but wanted to double-check and see what they displayed. Neither disc is readable and obviously the trunk having only one DVD slot doesn't fit with the dual DVD set.

So, long story not-so-short - can someone explain to me how to be sure I'm aiming for the correct (single?) DVD, between the 'High', 'Professional' and double versus single-DVD options? Can I find the definitive correct single DVD via the VIN?
Ads by Google
Old 09-04-2013, 01:50 PM
CRISP & CLEAN

Mein Auto: 745LI
Re: Navigation DVD woes

Never mind .

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up

Last edited by PAPER; 09-04-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 745i
That's what I thought, which means that one can only load the east OR west DVD at any one time, right?

No idea why these DVDs don't work/aren't read by the nav system, in that case. It is just a question of removing the trunk unit disc and replacing it, yes?

Wondering if the dealer gave me the wrong discs or if they're burned somehow, wrongly.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 760Li
Navigation DVD woes

You need the "high" version. The two discs overlap I the middle of the country, so you shouldn't have to swap them unless you drive from coast to coast.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 750LI
I got mine for my 2008 from PAPER and it works awesome. I imagine (from his "nevermind") comment above that you were probably talking to him. All I can say is you should have just got the DVD (east or west) that you wanted from him and just been happy. But you probably drove him off.

Sport Package, Rear Entertainment Package, Comfort Access, Cold Weather Package, Smoking Package, L7 High Def Audio
Mods = Powdercoated 149s, Black hood vent and kidneys, LED lighting update, BMW puddle lights (all doors), custom coding by "Triple_O_Coding" (including VIM), updated navi DVD from "PAPER", 90C hybrid thermostat.