09-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Join Date: Apr 2007
Mein Auto: Acura Legend
Upgrade INPA to read uprgaded E65 ECU (ME9E65_6)
I have been reading threads trying to figure out how to update INPA to show my Engine ECU. I have an E65 that was upgraded at a Body shop so in INPA I was trying to select 'ME9 for N62' from the Engine selection, but it seems the script behind that doesn't account for my ECU.
I get the following
(Requested control unit: ME9N62, ME9N62_2 ... Not found. Control Unit found: 'ME9E65_6' Program will be stopped!)
So it basically says to me that I don't have an option in INPA to select so it will use the Control Unit ME9E65_6. So how do I rectify that? Saw some posts that stated Update INPA for new chassis models. If this is what needs to be done, can some elaborate on how it is done or point to some threads/documentation to accomplish it.
Thanks in advance
In very, very basic terms, to update INPA for new chassis models you need to:
1. Find out which control modules are fitted to that new chassis.
2. Locate the correct *.prg files for those modules.
3. Locate the correct *.grp files for those *.prg files.
4. Locate or write the correct *.ipo files for those *.prg and *.grp files.
5. Write a *.eng menu file for those *.ipo files.
6. Write a new INPA *.ini file to include the new *.eng menu.