Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 09-05-2013, 09:51 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Question Order Checking (Production Number)

I just got an order number from the dealer today and tried to create an account at the bmwusa website; however, it said "We're sorry but the vehicle you are trying to register is not available at this time."

When will I be able to check the order online? Plus, I registered an account without adding the production number (since that doesn't work now). Can I add the production number into my account later? Or I have to register a new account for that production number?
Ads by Google
Old 09-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2013 View Post
I just got an order number from the dealer today and tried to create an account at the bmwusa website; however, it said "We're sorry but the vehicle you are trying to register is not available at this time."

When will I be able to check the order online?
Several days to a week. The system on the website is not real timely. Lots of posts about that here. I consider it more of a novelty than a real info system.

You can get better info from your salesperson who has real time access into the actual prouction scheduling system. Or by calling the toll-free number. The database used by the toll free system seems to be updated about once per 24 hours...but it make take a couple of days for that to initally updated, too. Also, you can speak to a customer service rep who has access to the same computer system as your salesperson.

800 831 1117. Select option 2

Quote:
Plus, I registered an account without adding the production number (since that doesn't work now). Can I add the production number into my account later? Or I have to register a new account for that production number?
You can add a production number later when you get it

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine
Old 09-06-2013, 10:27 PM

Thanks Greg! I will check it out later. Called the 800 number toady. It said no production date allocated yet. Not sure how long it take.
Also, it seems the bmwusa website doesn't work normally that I can't add the production number in my account.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Let's drive!

Mein Auto: '14 LCI 550i xDrive Msprt
Order Checking (Production Number)

Quote:
Thanks Greg! I will check it out later. Called the 800 number toady. It said no production date allocated yet. Not sure how long it take.
Also, it seems the bmwusa website doesn't work normally that I can't add the production number in my account.
OCD much?

...welcome to my world! ED date 9/20. I've been obsessing over colors, options, itinerary...tick tock. Tick. Tock

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-07-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjacobs1000 View Post
OCD much?

...welcome to my world! ED date 9/20. I've been obsessing over colors, options, itinerary...tick tock. Tick. Tock

What is OCD? ED? Do you think I can get the car before 10/31. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:37 AM
Let's drive!

Mein Auto: '14 LCI 550i xDrive Msprt
Order Checking (Production Number)

Quote:
What is OCD? ED? Do you think I can get the car before 10/31. Thanks.
I'm sorry, this is not a time for jokes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessi...lsive_disorder

Congrats!

Old 09-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Quote:
I know this is a hard thing to do (we all love our new X3s!)...but have a little patience. It takes a couple/few work days for the order/production/status systems to synch.

The most important thing is that you should have a PRINTED copy of the order given to you by your sales person showing all the order details, all the options so that you and your sales person know and agree what was ordered (I initialed a copy for my sales person). This is very important in case there are any options incorrect later on. If you do not have this, go back ASAP and get a printout from tbe BMW order system from the dealer.

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine
Old 09-07-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverman View Post
I know this is a hard thing to do (we all love our new X3s!)...but have a little patience. It takes a couple/few work days for the order/production/status systems to synch.

The most important thing is that you should have a PRINTED copy of the order given to you by your sales person showing all the order details, all the options so that you and your sales person know and agree what was ordered (I initialed a copy for my sales person). This is very important in case there are any options incorrect later on. If you do not have this, go back ASAP and get a printout from tbe BMW order system from the dealer.
I do have a copy of the order details and checked the details and Msrp are correct. Only concern is get the car before 10/31 to use the $1,000 UDE allowance.