Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 09-08-2013, 06:14 PM

Mein Auto: 94 525i
Please solve this radiator problem.

At the end of Aug. I had a new Rad. put in (Should have done it myself) I believe the shop messed up my electrical system when they had to jump my car ( Have new battery now) When I was driving the car from the shop it only blew warm air, Brake Lt + comes on which it never did before and shift indicator lights up randomly now. So I took it back and they said a fuse had been blown aux fan. so she blows cold now. I've only drove the car a few times since the new rad. but yesterday my wife and I drove the car to STL. On the 130 mile trip to STL. the air blew cold and the temp. gauge stayed right in the middle on this 97deg. day. When we came out of the Mall I noticed the fluid in front of my car and immediately opened the hood to see my reservoir empty (Everything was checked before we left) I had some coolant in the trunk and poured it in to just see it run out on the pavement. So I flatbed trucked it back to COMO. got back early this morn. could have been sooner but first Tow Truck guy tried to get an extra $150 out of me funny thing is I didn't like the look's of him when he drove up. Sorry for the long read but here's my question, I set on Eibach Spring's and Bilstein and they can be a little harsh on rough road, sometimes downright jarring. Could that be what's causing my rad's. to leak?
Ads by Google
Old 09-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Old School

Mein Auto: E23;E30;E38;E32;E34 +
No. Publish the name of your rad shop so no one else on the planet ever goes there.
Previous:
E21 318i; E32 735iL; E34 535i; E38 730iL; E53 4.4i
Old 09-08-2013, 11:03 PM
E34 Converted E30 Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to _Ethrty-Andy_
Mein Auto: E34 Touring AC Schnitzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFatherFigure View Post
No. Publish the name of your rad shop so no one else on the planet ever goes there.
why? could not be thier problem

i see it all the time, the customer directs the mechanic to do X job, and then blame them if the customers solution hasn't fixed the problem.

In this case, doesnt sound like the radiator is busted the second time. or maybe i have missed that

E30 above Sold

E34 V12 Project Thread Here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=502437&page=4
Last updated 2nd January 2014
Old 09-09-2013, 03:22 AM

Mein Auto: 94 525i
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ethrty-Andy_ View Post
why? could not be thier problem

i see it all the time, the customer directs the mechanic to do X job, and then blame them if the customers solution hasn't fixed the problem.

In this case, doesnt sound like the radiator is busted the second time. or maybe i have missed that
I'm not blaming the shop for the rad. problem now the electrical stuff. The first radiator head like 20,000 miles on it when I purchased the vehicle, took a road trip radiator starts leaking at the bottom. this radiator has like 200 miles on it, took a road trip starts leaking. so that's why I asked a question about a rough ride. what does the radiator set onwhen its mounted is there an illustration our picture?