Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 335i
Dups - deleted

Last edited by jenhao; 04-28-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
I'm so temped to order my next car from him!

Anyone ask if you were married?!?

Last edited by Ace535i; 04-28-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-28-2013, 07:19 AM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhao View Post
I am another happy customer of Greg Poland, just took delivery of a X6 from him today! I think he delivered total 5 cars today, but I don't feel I am being left out while I was there. He came checkup on me and told me what is going on. Greg has been very helpful since my first email and through the process of searching the car, explain the lease pull-ahead and finally closed a good deal on X6. During the process, we changed our mind on colors and options many times, Greg keeps great patience with our request and helped all he could in our email thread with 97 messages. I am thrilled to have him in the area that I can always go back for my next BMW.

Thanks for everything!
Let's see some pics and options buddy
Congrats

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 05-07-2013, 02:42 PM

Mein Auto: X1 35i
Another +1 for Greg Poland.
Found Greg on the site after my last CA quit working for BMW.
Picked up a X1 35i on a 335i lease swap out last weekend. Communications was all via email, super responsive, found the car I wanted and everything was already done before I got to the dealership, was in and out in under 40 minutes. This is the way car shopping should be. Will be back when my lease is up. Thanks Greg.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 M5
Some more great feedback for Greg!

I ordered my 2013 M3 from Greg at Pacific BMW. He worked miracles and it was a nice smooth experience. For those who don’t know, this is the last year of the last naturally aspirated V8 M3, everything from here on out will be turbocharged. That means the car is in huge demand, so it’s hard to get a “good” deal. Not only that but finding a dealer that would arrange European Delivery was even more difficult because BMW changed some rules that caused ED of an M3 to count against dealers allotments.

Greg not only gave me a great deal, but he was able to convince his management to move forward with ED. The best part? No drama! Greg was always clear and upfront with me. He answered question quickly, even after hours and the weekend.

So a great deal, no drama, and a dream car on a fantastic adventure in Europe; couldn’t be better, and Greg enabled it all. Funny part of the whole thing? I still haven’t met him in person! He is in Glendale, and I am in Seattle. The wonders of the Internet

p.s. Details on the Delivery to follow, but to sum up; everything you imagine it to be, but better
Old 06-18-2013, 12:03 AM

Mein Auto: M3
yup.. Greg is a great guy. Got 3 cars from him so far.. straight up deal maker. NO fuzz. no game.. just a deal on the table. Other socal dealer salesman = douchbags
Old 06-18-2013, 12:43 AM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Greg is the best of the best. Spent an hour talking about our kids @ Bimmerfest ! No pressure no problem! Guy moves cars big time!
Il, never forget going to BMW long beach and getting jerked around from finance to Internet sales guy. Told me to come down to look at an x5M, got there
Sorry sold 30 minutes ago.....hmmmmm
I string them along and then I said ....Greg Poland would never do this type of stuff. I think I'll stick w him. Mouths on the floor!
I walked out
I win....
Winner!

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 06-18-2013, 07:03 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
And don't forget the go-to guy for extended warranties there Daniel Dutton who offers some of the best prices for the OEM extended BMW warranties for 'fest members! You don't have to buy a car from them to get those prices from anywhere in the country.
Not interested in beautiful downtown Glendale, then hop on the 101 and go up to Santa Barbara and get a killer deal from the fest founder Jon Shafer -- easily Greg's equal and great guy
Old 07-17-2013, 04:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 35i
Yet another +1 for Greg Poland. I received his quote on June 4th, I had the production number that evening and last week my wife and I were in Spartanburg picking up our X3 35i. A fair price right from the start and very easy transaction, now I can't wait to do an ED in 1-2 years.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:34 PM

Any interstate transaction stories that Greg Poland made a wonderful experience?
Old 08-03-2013, 03:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i Titanium Silver
I live in Florida, and purchased my 2013 535 thru Greg. Did European Delivery and South Carolina pickup. Greg is the best for price and service.

2013 535i Titanium Silver
2008 528i Deep Sea Blue
Old 08-03-2013, 08:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to jblackburn
Mein Auto: 330ci
My brother picked up a 535 from Greg as well - he is in Phoenix and had a great experience. He had the car shipped for a reasonable price.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 Z4 28i
My second car from Greg and the experience is very pleasant & smooth as always. He's honest, straight forward, no BS and is very willing to accommodate customers needs. I highly recommend him to anyone's looking to buy/lease a BMW.

I'd also like to mention Emil, who took care of my paperwork when I picked up my Z4 today, was very nice and helpful too.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:21 PM
10k Miles down!

Mein Auto: 435i
My mother waited until the very last possible moment, and decided she needed to get a 335i convertible. Of course, she wanted it optioned in a way that nobody has on the lot anywhere in the country. So, I quickly inquired about doing an order. However, we are basically down to the end of the line. John Shafer informed me that there were still a couple modifiable build spots, and with that knowledge in hand, I got in touch with Greg. He once again moved mountains, traded an allocation for the build spot, and placed the order for my parents. The slot was already at 112, and will be flipping into production soon.

I can't say enough about Greg, he made magic happen, and then took really great care of my parents with a great price. This will be two car sales in two months from my family. My 435i ED Oct7 and this PCD build for my parents of a 335i convertible. The man just gets things done. He is a true gentleman and as fair and honest as they come.

Also, wanted to thank John Shafer for all the help on this as well. He went above and beyond answering my questions before I was able to engage Greg on this issue. As time was such a factor, I put feelers and questions out to both guys and John was amazingly helpful!

Thank you guys!

I cannot offer higher praise.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:41 PM

Mein Auto: Mazda3 Hatchback
Greg Poland / Pacific BMW

Came back from ED trip last week for my first BMW, 2014 F31, with the help from the great guy, Greg.
Very easy and professional to deal with. Straightforward with no bs! One of the best sales persons I have dealt with.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 11-26-2013, 11:10 AM
10k Miles down!

So, some of you may know this, others maybe not. Anyway, last December 16 I was walking across a crosswalk in Studio City Ca, about 1 mile from my apartment. I was completely legally in the cross walk with 3/4 lanes at a dead stop. The one lane I could not see appeared empty. However, it was slightly blocked by an SUV in the lane next to it. By the time I could see the lane properly, I didn't have time to react to a young lady not paying attention who was bearing down on me at 35 MPH. Needless to say, I was struck by the vehicle, flew 65-80 feet down the street, and somehow miraculously survived with only a badly broken right hip.

I was in the hospital for 3 weeks and basically immobile for 12 weeks. During this time, I began reading about the new 4 series coupe concept that BMW had recently unveiled. While in the hospital, I said that when I was able to walk and drive again, I was going to find a way to make that my first BMW. I had contemplated buying a BMW for 12-18 months already at that point. However, I had kept being frugal as I didn't much care for the E9X designs compared to the E36/E46. I really liked the new F30 stylings. However, I wanted a coupe. So, I had waited. Now, during my recovery the 4 series became a point of near obsession. The thought that I could have died with all this cash in the bank, but without ever having owned a car I could easily afford got under my skin. It was decided when I was well enough, it was time to live a little. Every hard day or Physical Therapy, every miserable walk etc, I focused on my goal to become mobile enough again that I could get in and out of my future BMW. (sounds corny, but when you're recovering you have to have some prize to focus on).

Anyway, around June as the medical bills were finally paid, and my health had seen greats strides, I set out for a car buying experience that I decided I had GOAL in mind. I wanted to have a hell of a lot of fun and have a no pressure sale.

It was around this time when BMW released the online configurator and was about to begin production on the 4 series. I decided, however, rather than just simply give myself so easily to the brand that I had always lusted after (I had driven a few and the drive was unlike anything else I had ever driven), I would do a more scientific approach as I had the time.

Over the course of the summer, I made a list of vehicles I was interested in and set out to learn about them, build them online, visit their dealers, and drive them.

This list included

Mercedes Benz C-Class sedan and Coupe
Mercdeds Benz E Class Coupe
Audi S5
Audi S4
BMW 335i
BMW 435i

My goal was to be able to custom order a car (preferably for European Delivery) and to try and keep the price under or around $60,000.00. At this point I was set on just paying cash for the car and owning.

Anyway, I found pretty quickly that BMW has the best and most engaged enthusiast forums of all 3 brands listed above. I found Bimmerfest and a wealth of knowledge. Most of all, I heard about Greg Poland.

Now, on my way to Greg, I contacted 3-4 other BMW dealers that were around my area, and most wouldn't give me the time of day on a 435i. They all kept trying to push me into an on the lot 335i. Or, they would offer that they could order my car for me in October. I, however, had my sights set on feeling VIP and hoped to add my ED picked up on to the end of my European Vacation at the beginning of October.

Well, all it took was one quick email to Greg explaining my rough year, and my goals... The man got it immediately, brought me down, had me test drive some 3 series to get a comparison. We talked numbers, and the difference in price if I ordered a 335i vs 435i with the same options etc. However, I asked if I could do a second test drive to let my wife give her feedback. He agreed. A few days later she test drove with me... Greg showed her and I both great patience and respect. The next day, with my wife's full agreement, I called Greg and told him I had decided on the coupe, and I wanted to place my order. He got me the allocation by the beginning of August, and a week later, I was setup to do my ED on Oct 7th (a date which many on the forums told me was impossible, and other dealers scoffed at as a lie).

No, it was no lie. Greg delivered for me big time. My car went into production around my birthday on August 25. She finished the first week of September. Around this time, I felt so well informed about BMW leasing and how great their rates are, I decided to save my cash and convert my purchase into a lease. Greg obliged and quickly put the package together. Sept 16 I went in and signed with my check for drive off and 7 MSD's.

Sept 20 I left for Europe, had the vacation of a lifetime with my family. We spent a week in my old stomping grounds in Rome and then a week in Paris. Then, I left Paris for the final weekend of Oktoberfest in Munich with my wife. We drank and ate and drank some more. Then, Monday the 7th arrived, and I went to the Welt to be the second of all 4 series Deliveries. The first having taken place on the 5th.

After enjoying her on the Autobahn, I dropped the car on the 9th and returned home. My EBII/Coral Red beauty took the next ship out of Bremerhaven to the west coast and landed in Port Hueneme on the 13th. On the 22nd Greg called me for redelivery. (with the added bonus that no one at Pacific drilled my front bumper for plates

At every point in this process Greg has been the best of the new car world.

1. He showed me great respect and didn't talk down to me like other dealers had over the cheap car I had owned thru my twenties.
2. He genuinely seemed happy to help me and excited to be a part of my healing/survival gift to myself.
3. I told him my goal was to have fun with the sale. He gave me no pressure, told me bottom dollar pricing from day one.
4. Didn't waste my time.
5. Didn't ask me for a deposit.
6. Said he could deliver me an allocation and my ED date, and he did.
7. Communicated with beautifully the entire way.
8. Has sold 2 other family members cars a long the way.

In short, my dream of BMW ownership came about as Greg Poland wiped the floor with the competition. #1 in customer service, #1 in price, #1 in just being a guy you would want to grab a beer with.

I think everyone on this board should do themselves a favor and at least give Greg the chance to earn your business before you buy. He will tell you straight up if it's a price he can't or won't beat. He won't waste your time, and 90% of the time I think he will be the lowest. Also, I would pay a few extra bucks to work with Greg in the future because service like that cannot be beat.

Cheers to you Greg. Thanks for putting the smile on my face and keeping it there.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:10 AM
10k Miles down!

deleted....double post...

Last edited by mwm1166; 11-26-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:01 PM

Anyone in retail should learn from this experience!

Cheers, Greg P.