Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-04-2013, 02:10 PM

Mein Auto: Lexus
Order status

Hello ,How to check the order/production status please? thanks
Ads by Google
Old 09-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535i MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikbas View Post
Hello ,How to check the order/production status please? thanks
The most up to date information (besides calling your Dealer) is via the status line 1-800-831-1117. You'll need your production order number. i suggest entering the production number as well as the menu options on your keypad instead of speaking them.
You can also set up an account on bmwusa.com and track the build there but the information lags behind by a day or two.
Coded myself: Turn off power when opening door, ASS off by default, Enable turn signals in HUD, DVD in Motion, Transfer telephone ringtone to car, Enable tire pressure and temperature display in iDrive. Disable iDrive legal disclaimer, Disable Rear/Side camera disclaimers.
20/80 Highway/City

Last edited by Sonicendeavor; 09-04-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:27 PM

Mein Auto: 550, X5
Re: Order status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicendeavor View Post
The most up to date information (besides calling your Dealer) is via the status line 1-800-837-1117. You'll need your production order number. i suggest entering the production number as well as the menu options on your keypad instead of speaking them.
You can also set up an account on bmwusa.com and track the build there but the information lags behind by a day or two.
The number is incorrect
Should read 1-800-831-1117

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-04-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurko View Post
The number is incorrect
Should read 1-800-831-1117

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Sorry, typo. Corrected in my post.
Coded myself: Turn off power when opening door, ASS off by default, Enable turn signals in HUD, DVD in Motion, Transfer telephone ringtone to car, Enable tire pressure and temperature display in iDrive. Disable iDrive legal disclaimer, Disable Rear/Side camera disclaimers.
20/80 Highway/City
Old 09-05-2013, 05:48 AM

Mein Auto: Lexus
Smile

Thank you.I contacted them....I did register with BMWUSA,but when ever I try to login the web page just refresh and stays on the same login page,I checked my ID and password look fine...any suggestions thanks
Old 09-05-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikbas View Post
Thank you.I contacted them....I did register with BMWUSA,but when ever I try to login the web page just refresh and stays on the same login page,I checked my ID and password look fine...any suggestions thanks
I've had the same thing happen. Typically it's a problem with the website. It appears to be working today. If not, sometimes using a different browser allowed me to get in.
20/80 Highway/City
Old 09-05-2013, 09:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 550i MSport
Thanks for the info on using the toll-free number to check order status. I was using the website, but not getting much in the way of information. I just used the the phone number and discovered that my 2014 550i MSport in built and in the paint shop. Completion date is 9/5/13, today! Excitement level is now ramped up considerably. Need another Red Bull.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:56 AM

Glad it helped. That paint shop status is a couple of days old, but the completion date should be accurate. From this point it will take a day or two to get loaded on the train, then 2-3 days to the Bremerhaven port, then several days to get loaded on a ship. Once it's assigned to a ship, your Dealer can give you the ship name and if you want to track the ship, marinetraffic.com will allow you to track it.
20/80 Highway/City

Last edited by Sonicendeavor; 09-05-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:28 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Very helpful info here. Thanks Gents!
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, Continental RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:21 AM

Online way to check:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/

Plug in the last 7 digits of your Vin# in Cargo ID after selecting All Users under Track & Trace.
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, Continental RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:48 AM

Cut/pasted methods to check on status of car:

The most up to date information (besides calling your Dealer) is via the status line 1-800-831-1117. You'll need your production order number. Enter the production number as well as the menu options on your keypad instead of speaking to them. Select Option 2.

You can also set up an account on bmwusa.com and track the build there but the information lags behind by a day or two. Click the tab on top "My BMW" and set up an account. Then click the tab on the side for "Track My BMW". Then click "Track".

Online way to check through the WW shipping company:

Plug in the last 7 digits of your Vin# in Cargo ID after selecting All Users under Track & Trace.

Other shipping companies- will work if vessel is within 40 nautical miles from land:
Www.marinetraffic.com

If vessel is at sea:
Www.fleetmon.com

Last edited by Bmwlvr60; 09-22-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:56 AM

In case it hasn't been mentioned, www.marinetraffic.com will allow you to track your ship. Just enter the vessel name. The tracking on works if the ship is within 40 nautical miles from land.
If your port publishes a schedule you can find an ETA on the port website.
Also, the W2global site mentioned above is only for the Wallenius shipping company, so if your car is on a ship from another line you won't find your VIN on the track and trace. Again, your Dealer can send you a VIN inquiry that displays the ship name.
20/80 Highway/City

Last edited by Sonicendeavor; 09-13-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:59 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicendeavor View Post
In case it hasn't been mentioned, www.marinetraffic.com will allow you to track your ship. Just enter the vessel name. The tracking on works if the ship is within 40 nautical miles from land.
If your port publishes a schedule you can find an ETA on the port website.
Also, the W2global site mentioned above is only for the Wallenius shipping company, so if your car is on a ship from another line you won't find your VIN on the track and trace. Again, your Dealer can send you a VIN inquiry that displays the ship name.
Excellent!

Now the only thing missing for tracking purposes is our own GPS tracker. After one hands the car dealer a deposit they give the buyer a tracking device. After the car production is complete the device is turned on.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:34 PM

My status changed today to En Route to the US at "My BMW" @ www.bmwusa.com :-)

Old 09-19-2013, 06:32 PM

The most up to date information (besides calling your Dealer) is via the status line 1-800-831-1117. You'll need your production order number. Enter the production number as well as the menu options on your keypad instead of speaking to them. Select Option 2.

You can also set up an account on bmwusa.com and track the build there but the information lags behind by a day or two. Click the tab on top "My BMW" and set up an account. Then click the tab on the side for "Track My BMW". Then click "Track".

Online way to check for the Wallenius shipping company:

All Shipping Companies:
www.marinetraffic.com will allow you to track your ship. Just enter the vessel name. The tracking on works if the ship is within 40 nautical miles from land.