Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535I & 2008 G35
2014 LCI 535i Coded

Tire pressure and temperature
-Play DVD anytime
-Key fob and interior trunk button closes trunk
-Digital MPH in cluster
-Removal of legal disclaimers
-Unlock doors when engine is stopped
-increased HP and Torque by 10%
-Just kidding with the last one

Features that did not need to be coded for 2014 models (already enable on 2014 models):
-Sport display
-Auto Start/Stop function to start in the last used setting when the engine is started
-GPS current position

What we could not get coded:
-Active Blind Spot monitoring - Still at 30 MPH
- BMW moved its coding information. I had limited time, so Michael was not able to search
- I will meet with Posner to get this done at a later date.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tire Pressure with stats.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	396670  
Ads by Google
Old 09-13-2013, 03:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
2014 LCI 535i Coded

We'll get the blind spot warning at reduced speeds figured out. There always is a way...

And you've got an amazing car! Very nice! Congratulations!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by MWPos; 09-13-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWPos View Post
We'll get the blind spot warning at reduced speeds figured out. There always is a way...

Plug here for MWPos...

Met in Carlsbad for Michael to code my car. Super nice guy and goes the extra mile to make sure that you are comfortable with every change he does. He has the experience to tell you what will change and how you will see the change. This coding process is not trivial, so he has a step by step process that he follows to make sure that the laptop and car are properly communicating with each other before he starts. I highly recommend that you see this guy to have your car coded.

Thanks again!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 03:15 PM

Mein Auto: See Sig
Congrats. Your car sure looks nice.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
2014 LCI 535i Coded

Totally ridiculous BMW still does not display the pressures.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 09-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post

... because they charge extra for that in Europe.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:57 PM

Mein Auto: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post

I could not agree more. I cannot fathom any reason they would not allow us to see what our tire pressures even though it would cost them Zero dollars to simply check the box "Yes" instead of "No".

Hey, I have an idea, let's make our owners get down on their knees on the ground to check their tire pressures instead of showing it on the nav screen. I think for our next act we'll make them put a stick down the gas filler to see how much gas is in the tank.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
It's possible to increase HP/TQ by 10% simply by coding? Never heard of that before.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
It's possible to increase HP/TQ by 10% simply by coding? Never heard of that before.
LOL.

reread the original post. Just below the 10%
Old 09-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
LOL I guess I got too excited by the prospect.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
LOL I guess I got too excited by the prospect.
Sorry!! It's my poor attempt at humor.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeH View Post
Sorry!! It's my poor attempt at humor.
I thought it was funny. I read that line about the hp and torque and thought huh?
Well played.
Coded myself: Turn off power when opening door, ASS off by default, Enable turn signals in HUD, DVD in Motion, Transfer telephone ringtone to car, Enable tire pressure and temperature display in iDrive. Disable iDrive legal disclaimer, Disable Rear/Side camera disclaimers.
20/80 Highway/City
Old 09-13-2013, 09:02 PM

Before getting a closer look at Blake's LCI 535i, I'd thought that LCI was mostly cosmetic. I was sooo wrong. This car has technology which is not just a tweak of our older cars; it is a new start. If you remember Vista's transition to Windows 7, that's how I felt when going through some of the coding and iDrive menus in this car. This round, BMW has made some changes. My wife got so tired of me going on and on about Blake's car, she gave up and said "Fine! Go and buy one!"

I DO want to see the sun rise tomorrow morning, so I did not rush right out to go buy one...but I did stop and think about it for a sec

Thanks again Blake! I'm still working on finding the code to reduce the Blind Spot Detection speed.

Last edited by MWPos; 09-13-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i MSport
Quote:
Before getting a closer look at Blake's LCI 535i, I'd thought that LCI was mostly cosmetic. I was sooo wrong. This car has technology which is not just a tweak of our older cars; it is a new start. If you remember Vista's transition to Windows 7, that's how I felt when going through some of the coding and iDrive menus in this car. This round, BMW has made some changes. My wife got so tired of me going on and on about Blake's car, she gave up and said "Fine! Go and buy one!"

I DO want to see the sun rise tomorrow morning, so I did not rush right out to go buy one...but I did stop and think about it for a sec

Thanks again Blake! I'm still working on finding the code to reduce the Blind Spot Detection speed.
Does this mean we may be gaining access to more functionality, or is it more of a technical change in the o/s?
Coded myself: Turn off power when opening door, ASS off by default, Enable turn signals in HUD, DVD in Motion, Transfer telephone ringtone to car, Enable tire pressure and temperature display in iDrive. Disable iDrive legal disclaimer, Disable Rear/Side camera disclaimers.
20/80 Highway/City

Last edited by Sonicendeavor; 09-13-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:18 PM

Mein Auto: LCI 550i Msport
Sweet. Glad the LCI is still code-able. Going to have mine done this weekend.

I am debating if i want my rear tailights on all the time as drls. My previous 335 was set up that way from the factory where once the engine is one the lava tubes would be on. Bmw switched it recently and now the rear tails are off unless your headlights are on. I had this coded on my 13 535.

Alan

2014 LCI 550i M Sport | 3D Design Front Spoiler | BMW Performance Black Kidney Grills | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler | BMW Performance Gloss Black Diffuser | Painted Reflectors | Wincos 30% Tint | Supersprint Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer Springs | MORR VS8.2 Brushed Finished Wheels 20x10R and 20x9F | Michelin PSS Tires 245/35/20F 285/30/20R | M550d 16mm RSB |||More Photos of my car here|||
Old 09-14-2013, 05:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 530d XDrive Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeH View Post
Tire pressure and temperature
-Play DVD anytime
-Key fob and interior trunk button closes trunk
-Digital MPH in cluster
-Removal of legal disclaimers
-Unlock doors when engine is stopped
-increased HP and Torque by 10%
-Just kidding with the last one

Features that did not need to be coded for 2014 models (already enable on 2014 models):
-Sport display
-Auto Start/Stop function to start in the last used setting when the engine is started
-GPS current position

What we could not get coded:
-Active Blind Spot monitoring - Still at 30 MPH
- BMW moved its coding information. I had limited time, so Michael was not able to search
- I will meet with Posner to get this done at a later date.

If possible, I would like to see a picture of the "digital MPH in cluster" please. Even though I have HUD (and I love it), I wish the digital speed was displayed in the dash somewhere. I know it sounds silly but sometimes looking at an analog gauge to determine speed is a lot slower than just looking down to see your exact speed (digital). My 2008 Audi TT and 2012 Beetle all have this ability and I rely on it exclusively when driving. We have tons of speed cameras here and I know for a fact that 57 in a 50 km/h will get you a ticket
Old 09-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Let's drive!

Mein Auto: '14 LCI 550i xDrive Msprt
Blake - thanks for posting this. I really want to have my car coded as well, and set up to my personal liking (like jail breaking my iPhones, iPads etc). I've taken a brief look at the coding forum, and don't think I want to undertake this my self.

Do any of you have recommendations for help in (soggy Boulder) Colorado?

.we're a MAC household, that seems to be a problem too. Is this a PC only process?
Old 09-14-2013, 08:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 550i
Quote:

I'm in the SF Bay area, and not taking delivery until most likely the first week in November. Can you access my car remotely, or do you need to plug in directly? Also I will be picking it up down in Santa Barbara, although I know that's still a *long* drive from San Diego.

Failing that, do you know someone up here who's adept at coding?

Thanks for any info.

2014 550i, Dark Graphite Metallic, Mocha Nappa, Anthracite. M Sport Pkg w/704, Exec Pkg, Luxury Seating, Heated Seats, Bang & Olufsen Sound System, LED Lighting Pkg, Side and Top View Cameras.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:36 AM

Mein Auto: Mini Cooper S/Ferrari 575
Outside mirrors fold up/out lock/unlock?

Quote:

Did you code outside mirrors to fold up and out with lock/unlock? I need to find someone in Dallas/Ft. Worth to code my 2014 535d when it arrives. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:04 PM

2014 LCI 535i Coded

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull21 View Post
I'm in the SF Bay area, and not taking delivery until most likely the first week in November. Can you access my car remotely, or do you need to plug in directly? Also I will be picking it up down in Santa Barbara, although I know that's still a *long* drive from San Diego.

Thanks for any info.
I'll PM you with lots of options in a few hours.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:06 PM

2014 LCI 535i Coded

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysert View Post
Did you code outside mirrors to fold up and out with lock/unlock? I need to find someone in Dallas/Ft. Worth to code my 2014 535d when it arrives. Thanks.
Blake opted not to code the mirrors to fold upon vehicle lock but this is a very popular function. I'll PM you soon with more information.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:44 PM

Mein Auto: 550i XDrive
Boston area?

Any recommendations for coding in the Boston area?
Old 09-14-2013, 02:44 PM

Mein Auto: MB E500 4matic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
I could not agree more. I cannot fathom any reason they would not allow us to see what our tire pressures even though it would cost them Zero dollars to simply check the box "Yes" instead of "No".

Hey, I have an idea, let's make our owners get down on their knees on the ground to check their tire pressures instead of showing it on the nav screen. I think for our next act we'll make them put a stick down the gas filler to see how much gas is in the tank.
You know what else i experienced that is arseinine? When you run out of gas, the car says something to the effect of "engine power loss" as opposed to saying "numbnut - you ran out of gas"

Gotta love it!
Old 09-14-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjacobs1000 View Post
Blake - thanks for posting this. I really want to have my car coded as well, and set up to my personal liking (like jail breaking my iPhones, iPads etc). I've taken a brief look at the coding forum, and don't think I want to undertake this my self.

Do any of you have recommendations for help in (soggy Boulder) Colorado?

..we're a MAC household, that seems to be a problem too. Is this a PC only process?
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull21 View Post

Thanks for any info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysert View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg550 View Post
Any recommendations for coding in the Boston area?
jacobs1000, I've read that the coding software is very happy in a Windows VM on Mac. You will be able to do this.

As a generic reply to all who seek coding services, this link will take you to a thread in which coders are listed by their location:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=693949

Coding is also easily performed remotely, while the coder and the owner are on the phone, with full real-time exchange of ideas and observations. That's how I learned from ImSW1. I thank him (silently) every time I sit down and get to work.

For some people it is very important to have the face-to-face meeting with someone who will be working on their car. For others, that is not so important. As in every relationship where someone gives, and some one receives, the communication that you have with the coder will tell you immediately whether you will trust this person with your car's configuration.

I'm happy to help all of you with coding face-to-face if we can arrange it, or remotely if not. You, as the "customer" should look through the thread linked above and reach out to several people to find the right match for the service, and style of service, that you desire. You are always welcome to PM me if you want more information about what I can do, but you have many options to review before you select one. And if the first choice doesn't work out so well, all coders play from essentially the same sheet of music so you can always get additional help if needed.

Last edited by MWPos; 09-14-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
You know what else i experienced that is arseinine? When you run out of gas, the car says something to the effect of "engine power loss" as opposed to saying "numbnut - you ran out of gas"

Gotta love it!
No way! really? There is some humor in this thread, so you're just adding to it, right?