Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 08-12-2013, 08:24 AM

Mein Auto: 550i M-package
2008 550i Daytime Running Lamps (angel eye Replacement Recommendations)

My Drivers side Daytime running lamps recently went out. I was going to eventually upgrade the daytime/angle eye lights anyway so no better time to do it than now. I was wondering what the best upgrade would be any recommendations? I am currently looking into the "Lux Angel Eyes" however I don't care too much about the adjustable colors, opinions? The second option was im considering is the "WeissLicht - Led" replacement, they claim that it is just a replacement lamp but say that the headlight may need to be removed for installation??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The whip front end.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	391122   Click image for larger version

Name:	The whip ass end.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	391123  

Last edited by marcdamon2; 08-17-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2013, 02:16 PM

Ok I just talked to the guy from bavarian auto and I was told that because i have the Xenon lights my only option is to replace the bulb and recommended the WeissLicht - Led Replacement. Will order replace and take before and after pictures soon. hope to have replacements by the end of this week.

Last edited by marcdamon2; 08-12-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '09 AW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdamon2 View Post
Ok I just talked to the guy from bavarian auto and I was told that because i have the Xenon lights my only option is to replace the bulb and recommended the WeissLicht - Led Replacement. Will order replace and take before and after pictures soon. hope to have replacements by the end of this week.
The wiesslicht are not that bright. Get a hold of Trinity Autosport, umnitza or lux for your AE lights.

2009 AW 535i
-Sport, Premium Package, and Comfort Access
-FBO, custom Cobb E45 map, Performance Gearing LSD.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Infamous06

Mein Auto: 2006 bmw x3 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by booyaazaa View Post
The wiesslicht are not that bright. Get a hold of Trinity Autosport, umnitza or lux for your AE lights.
so why do you have their products? it says you have one in your sig ?

Black
Mans
Whip
Old 08-12-2013, 04:19 PM

Mein Auto: '09 AW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewkpt View Post
so why do you have their products? it says you have one in your sig ?
Yes I have had the lux V3's, had side by side comparisons with other bimmers with Umnitza and Trinity AS AE lights and a local vendor tried to sell me the wiesslicht's. He had them installed on his LCI M5 and you couldn't see them at all during the day. The Lux V3's were noticeably brighter. Now I went all out and had Simon of Boss Cat Designs install my Orion V4's. there are also many on the forum that have purchased their products but the wiesslicht's are very rarely mentioned. Just saying.

2009 AW 535i
-Sport, Premium Package, and Comfort Access
-FBO, custom Cobb E45 map, Performance Gearing LSD.

Last edited by booyaazaa; 08-12-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i
I bought mine from Trinity AS and have been pleased. If you want something that lights up all four rings really bright, then you would need to go with the Orion V4s, but I like the Trinity replacement just fine. You can see then during the day, the inner rings are just brighter than the outer rings.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:03 PM

colonelburke would you mind posting a picture of what your AE look like. I did cancel my WeissLicht order however I was told that the MTech 18W V2's were the best for plug and play so I ordered those today... there was a youtube video that i found very helpful that made my mind up.

Last edited by marcdamon2; 08-13-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Sport
DONT GET THE WEISSLICHT!!!

I have them and they are crap. I had one have the transistor thing melt after only having them for 9 months and they aren't bright at all. I'd suggest Lux as they are brighter and IMHO have a better design. Their design basically guides a little more light into the outer ring...

I have the exact same car, no need for removing the entire light housing, although it does make it easier to do the bulb replacement itself. if that makes sense, i.e. removing the entire light housings will take more time but will be easier.

Shadowline trim, Nav, Steptronic, Logic 7, Comfort Access, Heads Up Display, 20-way Comfort Seats, 172M wheels, Park Distance Control, Comfort Access, Cold Weather Package, Active Roll Stabilization

Matte Black Kidney Grill, WeissLicht Clear w/Orange led Sidemarkers, WeissLicht White LED Corona upgrade, matte black badging, Dinan High Flow Intake, Dinan Stage III Software Upgrade, Dinan Throttle Body, RPI double M5 intake scoops
Old 08-17-2013, 11:08 AM

Received My MTECH Angle Eyes LED's today

So I received the MTECH AE Led replacements today, I have installed them and I do like them however, I did expect more for $200. I have posted several pictures for those agonizing over the hundreds of lights to choose from. I decided to go with the Mtech's because they were a reputable company and I believe you get what you pay for. These lights have a good build quality and they do not cause any computer errors. As for the lights, they look amazing at dusk, during the day the inner ring is very visible but the outer rings are not very bright. The outer rings are visible from car level (they can be seen by on coming traffic) but standing in front of the car in daylight, the outer rings are barely visible. If i had to give these lights a rating, on a scale of 1 to 10, it would be 7 out of 10. The inner rings look amazing in the day and at night they look amazing and complement the factory Xenon's very well. See attatched pictures. The pictures were taken from a standing point of view and a head light level vantage point. The first three pictures are outside on a sunny day and the last three were taken inside a parking garage in order to give you an idea of how they would look at night. In both settings, I took pictures with the factory Xenon's off and then I turned on the Xenon's to try and show how the MTEC ae's look in combination. I hope this helps some of you because I spent hours looking thru blogs and other posts for a good unbiased review with pictures.

Marc Damon Professional DJ www.djdatboi.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0275.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	392008   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0273.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	392009   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0262.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	392010   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0253.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	392011   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0252.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	392012  

Name:	IMG_0250.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	392013  

Last edited by marcdamon2; 08-17-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:21 PM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
DTEC V7 angel eyes are the brightest in the world, here are some sample shots