Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 328xi Sport line
Switch quickly between car speaker/mic to phone

Does anyone know how to quickly switch a bluetooth paired phone (iPhone in this case) from the car's speakers and mic to the phone's. For example, if a call comes in for your passenger and they would like to have a private conversation and not use the speakers and mic on the car?

It looks like you could unpair the phone, but that seems clumsy and too time consuming.

2013 328xi Sport / DHP / Sport AT / Premium Pkg / Technology Pkg / Lighting Pkg / HK / Alpine White / Black leather / Gloss black trim / Heated front seats
Ads by Google
Old 09-22-2013, 04:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328ix GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryn View Post
Does anyone know how to quickly switch a bluetooth paired phone (iPhone in this case) from the car's speakers and mic to the phone's. For example, if a call comes in for your passenger and they would like to have a private conversation and not use the speakers and mic on the car?

It looks like you could unpair the phone, but that seems clumsy and too time consuming.
on the phone itself after you answer the call there should be an icon that you can touch that says "source" or "audio." Not sure what it is for ios6 vs ios7. You ought to be able to change how the audio is routed by selecting the device of choice from the menu that appears once you tap the icon - you can change from the paired device to iPhone or Speaker (the phone's speaker). This is the way it works with other paired devices (headsets) so I'm assuming it would work this way with a car although I haven't tried it with a car yet.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328xi Sport line
I'll try it out.

2013 328xi Sport / DHP / Sport AT / Premium Pkg / Technology Pkg / Lighting Pkg / HK / Alpine White / Black leather / Gloss black trim / Heated front seats