Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328xi GT
Re: Suspension Feeling Loss - Should we Petition

I had a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T that got great reviews and was a piece of crap from a reliability standpoint. That plus I tried five dealers in three states and never found one that did a decent job. I complained to Audi NA and the ultimate response I got was essentially "we see your had more problems than you should have but we're not going to do anything about it". That's what sent me to BMW, where my reliability and service experience has been excellent. Think I'll ever buy another Audi? No way. But BMW still needs to keep earning my loyalty.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-20-2013, 06:42 PM

Mein Auto: 13' 335i M-Sport 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post

BJ

Am I doing this right?
Old 09-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto: 2013 335 M Sport, Manual
I agree. I traded in my 2011 335, RWD, 6SPMT, M-Sport and now wish I had bought it. It was the perfect car for me. The F30 is a great car, but the steering and suspension compared to the E90 are awful. The F30 has high limits but doesn't communicate them the way the E90 does. It is no doubt more comfortable, and after you hit 50 or 60 MPH it turns into a proper BMW, still not as tight and communicative as the E90. I am hoping BMW fixes this with the 4 series and continues to improve it so when I'm ready to turn in this one in in 2 1/2 years the new cars drive like BMWs are supposed to.

I just posted a thread, I am receiving Alerts asking me to "Drive Moderately". Really BMW!! WTF!!!!
Old 09-23-2013, 02:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F30, 704 SS option
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnook View Post
My F30 335i Sport with Sport Suspension on H&R Sport Springs can out manoeuvre my E46 330ci any day of the week.

H&R Sport Springs FTW.
How were the ride and handling before and after you installed the H&Rs? My F30 has the Sports Suspension and I'm thinking about adding the H&R springs as well.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F30, 704 SS option
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointandgo View Post
I've been to Nappa Valley several times.....

If you're satisfied with the ASS, fine. If you're satisfied with the "Buick" steering feel, fine (you're obviosly not a return buyer or BMW enthusiast). That's OK...the F30 is now a "luxury car" and maybe that's what you wanted and rejected a Lexus?
I've been to Napa numerous times as well.....(so what?)

"obviously not a return buyer or BMW enthusiast"???? This is my 3rd BMW and every one has had performance options.

But since you clearly know me well, I'll defer to you......