Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 328i xDrive
OK...doing more "snooping", I found at least 4 cars with higher VIN #s than mine that are on the Tonsberg which departed 4 days ago (2 same production date as mine, the other 2 were 2 days later!). As I noticed in other listings though, it says they were loaded in Germany today even though the ship left on the 13th. I assume the ship schedule is correct and there is an error or delay with the inputting of the dates when cars were logged to have left?
Old 09-18-2013, 07:55 AM

So it seems my car made it on the Don Juan after all. I looked up the voyage status this morning and it says it made that ship. The weird thing again is that status details show it didn't get "received at terminal" until today (a day after the ship left). I'm guessing that many of these status detail dates are based on when they are input into their system and not when that status actually occurred. So I would encourage anyone that was disappointed yesterday that their car didn't make the DJ to check again today.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:19 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 335d, Mazda 6, RAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplev View Post
So it seems my car made it on the Don Juan after all. I looked up the voyage status this morning and it says it made that ship. The weird thing again is that status details show it didn't get "received at terminal" until today (a day after the ship left). I'm guessing that many of these status detail dates are based on when they are input into their system and not when that status actually occurred. So I would encourage anyone that was disappointed yesterday that their car didn't make the DJ to check again today.
Finally, I am on the Don Juan too! I checked late last night and early this morning and nothing. Just checked a half hour ago and found my number on the Don Juan. I think you are right. It shows that my car was received (much less put on board) after the vessel left. Your surmise that the dates are somewhat arbitrary is wel founded!

Old 09-18-2013, 10:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedj101 View Post
Finally, I am on the Don Juan too! I checked late last night and early this morning and nothing. Just checked a half hour ago and found my number on the Don Juan. I think you are right. It shows that my car was received (much less put on board) after the vessel left. Your surmise that the dates are somewhat arbitrary is wel founded!
Unfortunately, it's all crap-shoot when it comes to timing, I wish BMW has a better handle on it. It's, after all, part of a customer experience.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:02 PM

I looked up the bill of lading for the Don Juan shipment - 922 vehicles best I can tell are on it. I find that to be pretty amazing. I wonder how they go about securing all of those vehicles. Has anyone come across a video on how this is accomplished?
Old 09-18-2013, 02:18 PM

Mein Auto: Porsche
Quote:
I wonder how they go about securing all of those vehicles.
The tire tie down straps are put on all four tires and attached to recessed tie down bars in the deck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tire tie downs.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	397581  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2015 Cayman S - GT Silver/Black
2014 328d - Orion Silver/Dakota Saddle Brown
2008 997.1 C2 - 6 Speed, Meteor Grey/Sand Beige (gone)
2000 986S - 6 Speed, Arctic Silver/Grey/Bk (gone, but not forgotten)
1993 325is - 5 Speed, Black/Grey (gone)
1964 Austin Healey MKiii, BJ8 - 5 Speed + OD, Ice Blue (gone - first car)
Old 09-18-2013, 02:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i on order
Quote:
I looked up the bill of lading for the Don Juan shipment - 922 vehicles best I can tell are on it. I find that to be pretty amazing. I wonder how they go about securing all of those vehicles. Has anyone come across a video on how this is accomplished?
Here is some info
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=719749&page=2

There is a video of an empty ship inside.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 530i
Re: Bremerhaven to NY

No offense meant. Maybe I'm just different but I really can't believe how people obsess over what ship is in what port or which one your car is on. I've waited 4 times too and from Germany and the states each way for vehicles. Never once having checked what boat it's on. Actually it's strange but I HOPE my cars are past the due date. That way I get paid . Hate to tell ya'll this but... Yrs waiting and especially delivery is exciting. But for me anyway immediately on the drive home. The honeymoon ends abruptly. It's almost like a "yeah wohoo delivered my new car...... Wait, damn it's a used car now, double bummer no one really gives a ****"lol. Just my thoughts. And contests seriously to all about to deliver soon.

Sent from my LT18i using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-18-2013, 03:24 PM

In my case, I need to take delivery by end of October to use the UDE $1,000 discount, so timing is important. As I am on a ship that should have the vehicle to NY/NJ port on 10/2, I should be in good shape, but until you know it makes an early enough ship for sure, you never know.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i
Made it to the Don Juan too! It took only a week after my ED drop-off in Munich to get loaded onto that ship. I see that the ship is currently in Sweden and will make many stops around Europe. That's why it takes so long to get here. It would literally take a week if they had US-only ships. Too bad.

To the dude saying who cares, I was thinking the same way before I saw the car, but the ED spoiled me and I really miss it. So at least I keep busy tracking it. Not that I'm not a busy person but I keep the "car portion" of my brain active this way I guess.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:24 PM

Mein Auto: 328i

The online system showed my car was delivered 2 weeks ago. The 1800 number told me the car is in transit. My dealer told me they didn't get it yet. Called 1800 to speak to a rep n they told me the car was delivered on the 11th. Spoke to the dealer and she received the car this past Monday the 16th. I ordered mine July 31st and its here in a month and a half as the dealer said.

Try calling 1-800-831-1117 and speak to a rep. They will give u much more precise information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-19-2013, 12:56 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 335d, Mazda 6, RAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazi00 View Post
The online system showed my car was delivered 2 weeks ago. The 1800 number told me the car is in transit. My dealer told me they didn't get it yet. Called 1800 to speak to a rep n they told me the car was delivered on the 11th. Spoke to the dealer and she received the car this past Monday the 16th. I ordered mine July 31st and its here in a month and a half as the dealer said.

Try calling 1-800-831-1117 and speak to a rep. They will give u much more precise information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using BimmerApp mobile app
Actually, we are getting information elsewhere faster than we could get it through BMW. That's part of the fun of obsessing over the whole thing! (Yes, I know i am obsessing!)

Old 09-19-2013, 03:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt1339 View Post
Made it to the Don Juan too! It took only a week after my ED drop-off in Munich to get loaded onto that ship. I see that the ship is currently in Sweden and will make many stops around Europe. That's why it takes so long to get here. It would literally take a week if they had US-only ships. Too bad.

To the dude saying who cares, I was thinking the same way before I saw the car, but the ED spoiled me and I really miss it. So at least I keep busy tracking it. Not that I'm not a busy person but I keep the "car portion" of my brain active this way I guess.
Yeah I can see your side of it, I understand the reasoning, it is exciting. Enjoy your new car! Congrats.

Sent from my LT18i using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-19-2013, 11:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 328I XDrive GT
Hello, here is an update on my order and BMW's tracking system. My car is on the Asian Emperor and docked in New Jersey on 9/18/13. Today (9/19/13) at noon, the status on the BMW tracking site moved from "En Route to the US" to "Finishing Touches". It appears that the BMW tracking site seems to be pretty accurate; I know this may not be the case for others but I wanted to share my experience.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstnewman67 View Post
Hello, here is an update on my order and BMW's tracking system. My car is on the Asian Emperor and docked in New Jersey on 9/18/13. Today (9/19/13) at noon, the status on the BMW tracking site moved from "En Route to the US" to "Finishing Touches". It appears that the BMW tracking site seems to be pretty accurate; I know this may not be the case for others but I wanted to share my experience.
That's great! I found there to be a bit of a lag on the part of the BMW site. For example, my status just went to "en route to the U.S." this afternoon despite it having left 2 days ago. Perhaps once it the vehicle lands in the U.S. the website data is more timely.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 328 ci
In tracking my new car, I came across this thread in a Google search and figured I would contribute. I just confirmed that my new 335is convertible is on the Turandot. This is my second order where I have been waiting for a car to be shipped and the anticipation is getting intense now that the date is getting closer.

Oringally the dealer told me that due to limited production credits that I might not have been able to get the car I wanted from them. During a search the dealer found the exact same car ordered by a dealer in Houston and they attempted to have the car diverted. Unfortunately the dealer never received a return call but was able to secure a production order and set the build to occur in week 37.

Part of me wanted to hold out for the 435 but I have only owned convertibles and didn't want to wait until next Spring or later. Plus the maintenance/warranty on my current 2008 328ci runs out soon.

Anyway I am very excited and based on the Turandot scheduled to arrive in NY/NJ by the 24th or 25th, I hope to be picking my new car the first week of October.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:28 AM
Flying monkey herder

Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
Quote:
you dont want to see how tightly packed the cars are, mirrors folded, mere inches between cars. IIRC, the cars are moved out one row at at time, otherwise the drivers doors cant open. it is amazing how tightly they can pack the cars in... and also a little scary.
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level:

Last edited by Orient330iNYC; 09-21-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenscud View Post
In tracking my new car, I came across this thread in a Google search and figured I would contribute. I just confirmed that my new 335is convertible is on the Turandot. This is my second order where I have been waiting for a car to be shipped and the anticipation is getting intense now that the date is getting closer.

Oringally the dealer told me that due to limited production credits that I might not have been able to get the car I wanted from them. During a search the dealer found the exact same car ordered by a dealer in Houston and they attempted to have the car diverted. Unfortunately the dealer never received a return call but was able to secure a production order and set the build to occur in week 37.

Part of me wanted to hold out for the 435 but I have only owned convertibles and didn't want to wait until next Spring or later. Plus the maintenance/warranty on my current 2008 328ci runs out soon.

Anyway I am very excited and based on the Turandot scheduled to arrive in NY/NJ by the 24th or 25th, I hope to be picking my new car the first week of October.
Congrats, I'm in Chester County, who did you buy from?
Old 09-23-2013, 12:46 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
I just saw Turandot pop up off the coast, on its way to NY. Any day now for anyone on this boat!

Lat/Lon: 40.56155 / -69.592796
Speed/Course: 16.5 kn / 268

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...date=lastknown
Old 09-23-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt1339 View Post
Congrats, I'm in Chester County, who did you buy from?
Thanks BT! West German in FT. Washington - that's been my dealer for the last three cars. How about you?

Last edited by Goldenscud; 09-23-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:55 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi GT

My GT is on the Turandot. Got an email from my salesperson saying they expect it tomorrow, although that sounds awfully quick.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-23-2013, 07:59 PM

Could it be that he is referring that the ship is expected to hit port tomorrow? I'd love it if he meant car to dealer since that would mean mine could be delivered later this week.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:04 PM

She meant delivery at the dealer, which would be about a 75 mile drive from the port.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:10 PM

Wow that would be really quick. Well my dealer is a similar distance from the port as well so I'll keep my fingers crossed that I get a call.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:17 PM

In skeptical it'll be that fast. In any event am not picking it up until mid October.