Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2013, 10:45 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 35i M Sport
2014 X3 Purchase, Option Questions

Hi all, first post here. I'm about to purchase a 2014 X3 35i next week. This will be my first car purchase in 33 years... yes I'm an old guy that drives 70's porsches and mercedes.

I have two unresolved questions that my local dealers and BMW North America can't answer, so I thought I'd come here and ask the experts.

I'm signing up for most all options and packages, and paddle shifters are on my wish list, which leads me to the M sport package. Problem is that my priorities are more like long comfortable freeway trips, and not typical sport/race type driving. Sure, I'm looking forward to agile handling on mountain roads and safety on snow, but as I said, I'm old. Additionally, I see more virtue in 18" wheels rather than 19".

My question is if the M Sport package is noticeably "stiffer" than the regular model in the comfort mode setting. Also, the configuration tool allows a check box for "standard suspension" ... should I check it? And finally, if I replace the 19" wheels with 18" at some point, will that influence the suspension "tuning" for the M Sport.

Will be happy to add the M Sport package, but don't want to loose the comfort part for long trips. If the sport mode is sportier, that's fine.

The second option question is about Driver Assist Plus. Does this include a blind side alert function as well as the lane drift warning? Also, can the lane drift/departure warning part be turned off?

thanks in advance for your help. I'm certainly headed for a next century driving experience.
Ads by Google