Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-18-2010, 12:12 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_bone View Post
Um, I have the sexy coupe and I bet my driving skills would help me get around a track faster than you. So, to answer your question - I have the sports car, you have the wagon.

"I'm not a puppet! I'm a real boy!"

--335diesel

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 05-18-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_bone View Post
Don't let 335diesel confuse you, he is the only one confused. Well, he and Kilgore.

"YOU... ARE... A... TOY!!! You're aren't the real Buzz Lightyear! You're a-- Aw, you're an action figure! You are a child's plaything!"

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 05-18-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335diesel View Post
So then, are you Police trained to A1 standard (i.e. MUCH higher than US cops)? I doubt it. Tell me your track experience then? Been taught by a top Lotus test driver have you? Written a BMW review for a top National newspaper? I have done all these things and much more.
What a sad picture you paint. To recap:

You are a triathlete, but never won a single race.

You are an authority on new cars, but drive a used one.

You have money, but drive around searching for diesel fuel to save a nickel.

You like music, but think dubstep is an awesome listen.

You are police trained to an A1 standard, yet can't save yourself from message-board humiliation.

You write BMW articles for top National newspapers, but no one here cares what you have to say.

You were educated in racing by a top Lotus driver, yet you drive a Station Wagon.

I am crying for you right now. Really, I am. Please let me know how to help you. Surely there is a foundation we can donate to. You are not driving a Station Wagon. You are driving a Sports Wagon. There. Better? You are the real Buzz Lightyear. You are not a toy.

BJ

Old 05-18-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgirard View Post
Still loving this thread

The joy BMW touts as part of the driving experience is almost eclipsed by the joy of reading this thread. Please. Don't stop.

Hang in there, chief. We're just getting started. It's 9:37 in Britain. It's uppy time for The Real Buzz Lightyear.

BJ

Old 05-18-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyst6 View Post
I ordered the M-sport package on the 335i coupe just because I liked the way it looked.....much more sporty.

so apparently that is laughable now?

quite confused...
Here, let me clear up the confusion.

The way I understand it, the only way to be a "truthful" M-Sport driver is to buy an M3 and then substitute M-Sport body panels on it.

BJ

Old 05-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335d Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
What a sad picture you paint. To recap:

You are a triathlete, but never won a single race. I have done ONE national triathlon which I WON. Yes GOLD medal. FIRST place. I also place top 5 in national 10k running races. And 4th middleweight kickbxing in the UK. Sorry you have only achieved a pot belly

You are an authority on new cars, but drive a used one. I have owned many new cars. Used makes more sense.

You have money, but drive around searching for diesel fuel to save a nickel. I got it for the torque not the mpg. Something your car is woefully short of. If I wanted a budget car, I would have not paid over $35,000 in cash for my 335d. We also have a petrol 4x4 and speed boat. All paid for.

You like music, but think dubstep is an awesome listen. Yes and many other genres - most people into music are the same.

You are police trained to an A1 standard, yet can't save yourself from message-board humiliation. Eh? Tell me about sustained gearchanges, defensive driving, road positioning, explain the understeer your AWD BMW suffers from then we can talk.

You write BMW articles for top National newspapers, but no one here cares what you have to say. According to you and you only. You who gets regularly laughed at on here

You were educated in racing by a top Lotus driver, yet you drive a Station Wagon. He owns a Focus estate.

I am crying for you right now. Really, I am. Please let me know how to help you. Surely there is a foundation we can donate to. You are not driving a Station Wagon. You are driving a Sports Wagon. There. Better? You are the real Buzz Lightyear. You are not a toy.

BJ
Next...
E91 UK spec 335d (286bhp), sapphire black, sports suspension, 17" 160 star alloys on CSC3 non RFTs, terra dakota leather, full sunroof, retractable rear sun blinds, comfort pack, folding rear headrests, a dog, a baby, a wife and usually surfboards and MTBs
Old 05-18-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335diesel View Post
Next...
Morning, sunshine! You are very handsome. You are well-respected. You drive a Station Wagon high-performance sports car.

BJ

Old 05-18-2010, 01:11 PM
1 Converted Addict

Mein Auto: 135i M-Sport 6mt Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyst6 View Post
I ordered the M-sport package on the 335i coupe just because I liked the way it looked.....much more sporty.

so apparently that is laughable now?

quite confused...
bottom line buy what you like! i can't wait for my 2011 e92 m sport to come in. who cares what the peanut gallery thinks?

PSS|PPK|PE|LUX H8 V4's|CDV Delete|
Old 05-18-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angler View Post
bottom line buy what you like! i can't wait for my 2011 e92 m sport to come in. who cares what the peanut gallery thinks?

Good point.

Look! It's Mr. Peanut in a Station Wagon high-performance sports car! I guess we really do care what 10k running gold medal triathletic kickboxing police 'A' trained newspaper writing dubstepping diesel speed boat drivers think.

BJ

Old 05-18-2010, 02:32 PM
1 Converted Addict

Mein Auto: 135i M-Sport 6mt Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post

Good point.

Look! It's Mr. Peanut in a Station Wagon high-performance sports car! I guess we really do care what 10k running gold medal triathletic kickboxing police 'A' trained newspaper writing dubstepping diesel speed boat drivers think.

BJ
i love mr peanut! it would be cool to tool around in that or the hot dog car!

PSS|PPK|PE|LUX H8 V4's|CDV Delete|

Last edited by angler; 05-18-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:37 PM

Mein Auto: accord
this thread a a treat
Old 10-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
I don't get it

this thread is becoming too complicated for me

NEXT
06 130i - ROCK SOLID Performer
07 320i - SOLD
08 E92 325i - Blue SOLD
Bicycles: Giant TCR Advanced Zero SOLD, Argon 18 Krypton, Argon 18E114, Trek Madone COMING
BOUGHT : MY11.5 X1 Xdrive25i

New car... Estoril Blue Car