Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:17 AM
Bon Vivant!

Mein Auto: 2010 MB SLK & BMW 135i
Leapin' Turbos!

My new 135i does the same thing or pretty much similar.

It will slightly stumble from idle as I press the gas pedal and them surge forward. Sometimes it has the habit of jumping forward without any pressure on the gas.

I don't think it is a problem. The turbo can't spool up instantly, so off idle it takes a couple of seconds for it to respond.

Anyway, my car had a recall for some electrical problem, so I'll check with my dealer about it.

The odd couple!
Old 10-11-2013, 04:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 135i conv
Engine surge issue - dealer fix?

Had my 135 in for "2 year service." Dealer said they had a service bulletin on the car surging forward problem (happens just as vehicle is about stopped). They reprogrammed the ECU?.
Here is what the service record says:
"Unfavorable DME software programmed and encoded vehicle (including CAS) as per SIB 12/09/12 defect code 10 32 01 47 00"

Have driven it for a week and so far no unintended acceleration (surge) and running smoother. Jury still out if it really is a fix though.