Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05 645Ci
Steering Wheel Roundel

Dented mine somehow last week, more like caved in/ flat. Looks melted almost. Guess I punch the horn rather than press it!

Thought I'd just replace it, but found out it's connected to the airbag. All I can find in terms of a replacement are carbon fiber or colored overlays. Read about some guys gluing a new one over the existing one or using adhesive ones, but no interest in doing that. Would look worse than it does and can't seem to find OEM ones anyway. So guess I'm SOL.

Word to the wise, be careful when punching your steering wheel roundel. Just don't even touch it actually.

Have the worst luck with roundel's, someone actually stole my front one once, but took the time to replace it with their beat-up one. Thanks, I guess.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:59 PM

With that and my scratched shift plate and both window control trims, my interior is starting to look like hell. No idea how the previous owner keep it mint for 7 years before I bought it. Less than a year in and I have hideous scratches everywhere.

When I get the F12, 2 new rules for my girl. No dogs and no fingernails! Smoking too. She already burned a hole in the roof liner, which I managed to cover up with a tiny sticker from AAA, looks pretty retarded, but better than a burn hole. There's a previous thread on all that... lol. God, I love her!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:11 PM

Mein Auto: 650i 330cic X5d MINI
Wow, I'd get the dogs some training, same for the GF, or I'd swap... Sounds like they're turning your car into a beater.
My dogs hang in the back with covered backseat and stuffed beds so no dog damage but getting the dog hair out takes work. Luckily they are not in the 6 very often, only on summer drives from SF to Reno, the X5 is the dog car - not that it's a beater or anything.

Old 10-12-2013, 04:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 328i Black sedan
I dented mine in similar fashion. Got a same size, replacement stick-on roundel from E-bay. Looked perfect, no one ever knew it was an overlay.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:41 PM

Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
Just remember, if your airbag ever gets deployed in an accident that overlay badge will be overplayed on your face! That is why you cannot get replacements from the dealer, they are built in to the airbag assembly in such a way so as not to detach & hit you in the face.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
Ouch!
Old 10-17-2013, 01:59 PM

Not turning it into a beater, no way. Car is mint otherwise. She has a tiny dog btw.

Yeah, no interest in the stick on, it doesn't look too bad. I just hate any little imperfection.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:03 PM

On a side note, to the guy who left a half burned Newport cigarette on my roof last night. FU! I saved it, sent it in to get a DNA profile sample. I will find you...lol.

No seriously, what a dick. Luckily, no damage done. Price you pay for parking on the street in the city.