Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 04 330 zhp
2013 x5 pricing

Can I please get some pricing feedback from anyone that bought a 2013 x5 in the last couple of weeks?

I'm looking at trading in the wife's MDX for an 3.5i. Inventories are dwindling, does anyone what the build out incentives are to move these cars? I have no idea what to offer relative to invoice price.

And I did do a search here.

thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 10-22-2013, 08:18 AM

Mein Auto: X5
You might look at the Ask A Dealer thread. Invoice plus incentives is pretty typical for what you're looking at.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:23 AM

thanks I asked there too. not sure what the dealer incentives are, they are not disclosed. I do think that the very low inventory is going to prevent me from getting a great deal because the new platform is not being well received by all. Probably better off buying one six months ago instead of now, which is kind of backwards.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:56 PM

Mein Auto: 911 turbo
I got one last friday. 2013 alpine white, sport, 3rd row seat, sterio upgrade, 20" wheels and some other stuff. 73,960 MSRP. Got 11.5k off sticker with combination of BMW incentives, 1k credit for being current BMW owner and USAA member. Got $8500 for my trade (which was exactly what it was worth). Did an Owner's Choice plan which is a lease/purchase hybrid that nearly all the BMW employees use (makes the tax thing work in Texas and no lease assumption fee). No other $$ down and a payment of $582/mo for 36mo with a residual around $45,500. I don't see why anyone would do a traditional lease when the owners choice is out there. I leased instead of purchase b/c I feel the residual they offered is way to high and I will make out well in the end when I turn it in for something else. Had I purchased, there would have been another $1k of USAA incentive $$. Smoking deal. I had the Range Rover dealer run same scenario on a 2014 RRS with 71,800 MSRP and their price was >$1300/mo for same lease. What a joke!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RF330 View Post
thanks I asked there too. not sure what the dealer incentives are, they are not disclosed. I do think that the very low inventory is going to prevent me from getting a great deal because the new platform is not being well received by all. Probably better off buying one six months ago instead of now, which is kind of backwards.
They had a 2014 alpine white F15 with sport package when I got my 2013. I should have taken a photo with them parked sis-by-side. While the 2014 looks much better with the sport package than without, it still looks like a major downgrade. More volvo-ish IMO. The 2013 in much nicer looking. The 14 has slightly better interior, but the electrically assisted steering sucks and the body roll around corners is a major step in the worng direction if you like a ride that inspires confidence.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thackl View Post
I got one last friday. 2013 alpine white, sport, 3rd row seat, sterio upgrade, 20" wheels and some other stuff. 73,960 MSRP. Got 11.5k off sticker with combination of BMW incentives, 1k credit for being current BMW owner and USAA member. Got $8500 for my trade (which was exactly what it was worth). Did an Owner's Choice plan which is a lease/purchase hybrid that nearly all the BMW employees use (makes the tax thing work in Texas and no lease assumption fee). No other $$ down and a payment of $582/mo for 36mo with a residual around $45,500. I don't see why anyone would do a traditional lease when the owners choice is out there. I leased instead of purchase b/c I feel the residual they offered is way to high and I will make out well in the end when I turn it in for something else. Had I purchased, there would have been another $1k of USAA incentive $$. Smoking deal. I had the Range Rover dealer run same scenario on a 2014 RRS with 71,800 MSRP and their price was >$1300/mo for same lease. What a joke!
Thanks for your feedback, that's a better deal than I was offered to date, but I haven't really negotiated yet. You got more than 15% off, I'm a little shy of 11%. I don't get the loyalty or USAA credit, as I've bought 3 bimmers but they've all been used.

Totally agree on the 14. there was one brought in yesterday and parked right next to the one I'm looking at. Aesthetically, there really was nothing I liked about it.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RF330 View Post
Thanks for your feedback, that's a better deal than I was offered to date, but I haven't really negotiated yet. You got more than 15% off, I'm a little shy of 11%. I don't get the loyalty or USAA credit, as I've bought 3 bimmers but they've all been used.

Totally agree on the 14. there was one brought in yesterday and parked right next to the one I'm looking at. Aesthetically, there really was nothing I liked about it.
It does't matter if you bought a used BMW as long as you have one...
Old 10-26-2013, 06:24 AM

Mein Auto: '13 Diesel X5 & MBZ R350
I started to look at the X5 35i (gasser) after not finding a diesel I wanted with the options.

It's interesting to see some dealers that either have a lot of the on the lot or some that are just receiving the last of the 2013 X5.

The only reason I want a 2013 X5 instead of the newly release beautiful 328GT is because this model year - X5 has the hydraulic steering which I have come to love !

I figure when the 3GT upgrades their loosey goosey EPS steering with a more realistic steering system, I would be in the market for one then but not now.

OP: take a look at dealers around you and increase your search radius. Last week there was only one dealer that had 24 X5 sitting on the lot and this week, there are 4 dealers with a lot.

Searching by VIN, I found that a lot of the X5 were made in June 2013 and barely reaching the dealers now.

So far I have gotten quotes from dealers for $11K off diesels and $7K off for gassers (ECO credit difference)....

Good luck and let us know what you find.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:54 AM

Mein Auto: BMW '12 X5 35i
I got an untitled '13 demo/ loaner with a MSRP of around $63,500 for around $50,000. Mileage at purchase was 5k, which I factor in at $0.50 per mile to an adjustment of $2500. In service date is my purchase date. Discount adjusted thusly was about $11k.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:46 AM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
So far on the forums and my own research there are some healthy incentives out there:

Ranging from $7K-22K (Again I have never seen such a discount but autotrader seems to have)

so get out there

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 10-26-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoI4plz View Post
So far on the forums and my own research there are some healthy incentives out there:

Ranging from $7K-22K (Again I have never seen such a discount but autotrader seems to have)

so get out there
My discount amounted to about 11.5k and would have been 12.5 on a traditional purchase for a loaded 50i. Add 2k or or to that for a diesel. Also consider the unrealistic residuals offered right now for lease/owners choice that seem to be about 6-7k optimistic ... no brainer for me on the owners choice lease. I likely couldn't have gotten a cheaper payment on a nicely optioned Ford Explorer.