Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2013, 10:14 PM

Mein Auto: 550i M-Sport
My review 550xi m sport vs 528xi

My 550 has been in the shop for about two weeks now for a faulty transfer case

I must say I am impressed with the 528
Handling and road manners with the 17 inch continental wheels

I expected the ride to be softer then my 19s obviously, but this car feels so much more athletic and nimble The car feels like it is a lot smaller than my 550

In addition I want to note that I upgraded my front sway bar to the M5
Version which is 2mm thicker

Not sure how the engineers designed the vehicle but it seems like the lighter weight under the hood really benefits this platform.

My car has feels like it has heavy body roll cutting in to turns and the tires always give out cutting-in hard.

With the 528 I feel a lot more confident and it seems like it just eats whatever I throw at it. The 550 is my first BMW and I must say I was a little bit disappointed.

After spending two weeks with this car I feel like I have a better understanding of what BMW handling can feel like

I love everything else about my car as it's loaded with every option ...especially the king of the road feeling I get with 400 hp under my belt .. I miss that.

However the road manners are just a big disappointment.

I'm wondering if Swapping the tires to non-run flats would have the same affect that I am experiencing with the 528

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Advertisement