Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:47 PM

Mein Auto: Honda
MSRP vs Invoice ..?

Hi,

Just curious, those who have placed order for X5 2014, how did the dealer price it ? was it same as MSRP as shown on the website or was it discounted...? pls let me know...
Ads by Google
Old 10-07-2013, 06:25 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 xDrive35i SAV
MSRP vs Invoice ..?

My MSRP was 72,975 and one dealer quoted 67,900 with Dip pricing while another said they are only giving $1k below cause it's so hot! Assume that $1k is the current loyalty program.

I'm holding out and buying my lease until this new model craze wears off.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-28-2013, 06:48 AM
only one screen name

Send a message via AIM to obmd1
Mein Auto: '14 X5 35D
We used to be able to find invoice pricing for cars and options. No more? It's been a loooooong time, and I'm looking to get back in the family.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 X5 x35i M-Sport
I ordered my F15 on the 19h. Dealer is giving me 1k over invoice. I called couple of other dealers and spoke to the Internet dept. and they gave me some BS regarding how new the car is and how hot it is right now. I told my current dealer that I'm active on the forums and know people that are getting invoice or no more than 1k over invoice. They said they'll do 1k over invoice, so I took it.

Z.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:45 PM

Mein Auto: Ferrari 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
I ordered my F15 on the 19h. Dealer is giving me 1k over invoice. I called couple of other dealers and spoke to the Internet dept. and they gave me some BS regarding how new the car is and how hot it is right now. I told my current dealer that I'm active on the forums and know people that are getting invoice or no more than 1k over invoice. They said they'll do 1k over invoice, so I took it.

Z.
how did you check invoice price? did dealer show it you?
Old 10-28-2013, 05:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5d
I use carprices.com
Old 10-28-2013, 05:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X5 x35i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
how did you check invoice price? did dealer show it you?
I built my car at carprices.com to get the invoice and MSRP prices (at this point I'm not sure if this website is giving me the right invoice price) and compared that to the BMW website build. If the build MSRP prices are exact match from both websites, I know what the MSRP vs. "assumed invoice price" is. Then, when I rebuilt the car at the dealer, to order the car, I made sure that the dealer price build is same as what I built on BMW website. After all was said and done, I asked for a copy of my build sheet with MSRP and invoice price listing. I, then, compared that invoice price with my carprices.com build invoice price. It was the same, minus couple of BS dealer add-on fees. Is this perfectly accurate? I will never know unless I see the dealer books. But this is the closest I can get.

Z.

Last edited by Zipforia; 10-28-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:47 PM
BMW Fan

Mein Auto: 2014 650i xDrive Converti
For years BMW invoice pricing is 93% of MSRP give or take a few $. Use 93% and you will be close. Includes destination.

RETIRED
2013 650i xDrive Gran Coupe Black Sapphire MSport
2013 550 xDrive Carbon Black M Sport Loaded
2012 X6 50i MSport
2012 650 xDrive Convertible M Sport
2011 M3 DCT Convertible Jerez Black
2011 535 xDrive M Sport
2011 328 xDrive
Old 10-28-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
I built my car at carprices.com to get the invoice and MSRP prices (at this point I'm not sure if this website is giving me the right invoice price) and compared that to the BMW website build. If the build MSRP prices are exact match from both websites, I know what the MSRP vs. "assumed invoice price" is. Then, when I rebuilt the car at the dealer, to order the car, I made sure that the dealer price build is same as what I built on BMW website. After all was said and done, I asked for a copy of my build sheet with MSRP and invoice price listing. I, then, compared that invoice price with my carprices.com build invoice price. It was the same, minus couple of BS dealer add-on fees. Is this perfectly accurate? I will never know unless I see the dealer books. But this is the closest I can get.

Z.
yup, I have used carprices.com to compare invoice and build price.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5d 2013 528 Xdrive
Just ordered our X5 (xDrive 35i X-Line) earlier this week. MSRP as built was $64,500. Dealership is only knocking $1500 off MSRP with another $1000 coming from BMW via the Loyalty Discount. Leasing for 36 months and was offered the base money factor. Closest competing dealership is over 60 miles away, so we don't have the luxury of $1000 over invoice in my neck of the woods, especially on a brand new model like the F15. We are long time repeat customers at our local dealer and have certainly been offered more aggressive pricing with prior purchases over the years, but this is really the first time we have pursued a brand new model so close to the start of production. I think the deal is fair considering the base MF being offered, and a good deal is only a state of mind anyway. The discussions about Invoice+ pricing vs. MSRP- pricing has been discussed in depth on this forum over the years and the results are truly based on your geographic location in my opinion. I guess if I wanted to purchase a vehicle at invoice pricing I would go visit the 10 or 12 GM, Ford or Chrysler dealerships around town and regret every minute of the ownership and driving experience for the next 36 months
Old 10-29-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
Just ordered our X5 (xDrive 35i X-Line) earlier this week. MSRP as built was $64,500. Dealership is only knocking $1500 off MSRP with another $1000 coming from BMW via the Loyalty Discount. Leasing for 36 months and was offered the base money factor. Closest competing dealership is over 60 miles away, so we don't have the luxury of $1000 over invoice in my neck of the woods, especially on a brand new model like the F15. We are long time repeat customers at our local dealer and have certainly been offered more aggressive pricing with prior purchases over the years, but this is really the first time we have pursued a brand new model so close to the start of production. I think the deal is fair considering the base MF being offered, and a good deal is only a state of mind anyway. The discussions about Invoice+ pricing vs. MSRP- pricing has been discussed in depth on this forum over the years and the results are truly based on your geographic location in my opinion. I guess if I wanted to purchase a vehicle at invoice pricing I would go visit the 10 or 12 GM, Ford or Chrysler dealerships around town and regret every minute of the ownership and driving experience for the next 36 months
can you post your lease details including PM?
Old 10-29-2013, 07:42 PM

Mein Auto: blown 383 nova, ml350, X3
invoice price is buy price x's 7%
Old 11-01-2013, 07:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 xDrive 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
I don't think geographic location is that important anymore. Coming from someone living in Little Rock, trust me I know what I'm talking about. One can now negotiate prices by phone and email with multitudes of dealers in and out of town and go with the best deal no matter where the dealer is, as long as the quoted price includes delivery of the car.

Both of our current cars came from out-of-town dealers. One is about 150 miles away. The other about 400 miles away in a different state. Both cars were delivered to our driveway. And both deals were so good (including delivery charges) that our local dealers thought I was full of it when I challenged them to match those offers. The look on the face of one of the local GMs when I drove the car to their dealership and showed them the lease contract... PRICELESS!
Old 06-23-2014, 11:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X5 x35i
Sorry to dig up this old thread, but do we know for a sure that invoice is 93% of MSRP? It's something that a lot of people throw around, but I'm completely confused as to whether this 93% is across the board or just a general guideline. When I build a car on carprices.com, it itemizes each component of the total price, including the invoice and MSRP for each component. I get something in the 92% range. Close, but not 93%. Leads me to believe that maybe the 93% is just a general guideline.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:56 AM

Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
1k over invoice on fully loaded X5 50i. Local dealer wanted MSRP - $500 cause they couldn't keep one on the lot...depending on dealer YMMV.

$1k over seems to be the norm for those that shop around/are willing to drive a bit to pick up their new car.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1STBimmer View Post
1k over invoice on fully loaded X5 50i. Local dealer wanted MSRP - $500 cause they couldn't keep one on the lot...depending on dealer YMMV.

$1k over seems to be the norm for those that shop around/are willing to drive a bit to pick up their new car.

It's tough to find that deal in California, this new car craze is still going! Still searching a good dealer atm!
Old 06-23-2014, 01:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35i Premium
Typically the invoice is 7% of MSRP. I've always went to http://www.bmwconfig.com/ but currently it seems that the "configurator" is not working.
In the past the forum moderators would post up the invoice price ( or the wholesale prices ).

Some dealers have no knowledge about people knowing this information. So when you go to them and say I would like to pay invoice + $500 or $1000 for your profit, they will look at your funny.

You can also contact some of the board sponsors who are dealers http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20 and strike a deal.

Also check this thread on pricing http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=753931, http://www.bimmerfest.com/pdf/bmw-pr...cing-Guide.pdf
2007 525i - Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Nevada Leather, Premium package, CWP, 6MT.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Bayerische Motoren Werke

Mein Auto: '14 X5 50/ '10 Golf TDI
Edmunds gave me invoice to the penny on our 2014 X5 50i.

Invoice including maco/training was .9248% of MSRP for me.

Our dealer emailed us the vir with wholesale/msrp anyway which Im sure most upfront dealers would be willing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckerine View Post
Sorry to dig up this old thread, but do we know for a sure that invoice is 93% of MSRP? It's something that a lot of people throw around, but I'm completely confused as to whether this 93% is across the board or just a general guideline. When I build a car on carprices.com, it itemizes each component of the total price, including the invoice and MSRP for each component. I get something in the 92% range. Close, but not 93%. Leads me to believe that maybe the 93% is just a general guideline.

Gone but not forgotten:
2012 550I xDrive GT
2009 X5 35d
2007 335i European Delivery with Performance Center Re-Delivery * ED May 4, 2007 Link to ED Trip Report / PCD July 5th, 2007 Link to Performance Center Re-Delivery Trip Report
2007 X3 European Delivery with Performance Center Re-Delivery
2002 330ci, 1997 328i, 1990 325i

Last edited by The BoatMan; 06-23-2014 at 04:46 PM.