alright alright... end of thread, deal is done. Out goes my Audi and I'm back with BMW. Will miss my S4 dearly. It was a great car and sad to see it go. It was pristine, like new, even at almost 4 years of age.
My decision to go with the M5 CP over the E63 AMG S
1. BMW dealers are more proactive about getting your business. MB barely called or contacted me back. Just seemed like they didn't want my business at all.
2. 1% over invoice for the M5. E63 was $1k under MSRP.
3. They offered me a very fair trade-in for my S4.
4. Car-tech in the M5, specifically I-Drive, so much better than MB's COMAND. The HUD pretty much sold me from a tech perspective. BMW's 5 has the advantage of being 1 generation ahead. The current E class is just a facelift.
5. I did a search on local BMW dealerships in the area and one happened to have my preferred color and options. Singapore Grey w/ Sakhir Orange loaded. The only two things I wished it had are the individual piano black interior trim and style 343 wheels. I'm not a big fan of the CP's style 601, but it doesn't look so bad with Singapore grey. Maybe there's a member here who would like to do a swap.
Only iPhone pics to post right now. SLR quality pics coming soon.
Retired: 2010 Audi B8 S4 [trade-in], 2008 E92 335i [lemon], 2007 E92 335i [totaled]