Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:11 AM
grover432 grover432 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 556
Mein Auto: 2013 535 X Drive M Sport
S6WAA - Instrument Cluster Expanded

Can someone with this option on their 2013 model tell me what additional information it displays? I've done a search here and have come up empty.

In the online manual, it shows a basic and two other electronic display options. Not sure which one corresponds to an April, 2013 build F10 535 X Drive with the S6WAA option.

Thanks

__________________
2013 535 XDrive Arctic White/Black Dakota/Anthracite Trim/M Sport/Executive Package/BMW Apps
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:23 AM
MoldCAD's Avatar
MoldCAD MoldCAD is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Poland
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,010
Send a message via Skype™ to MoldCAD
Mein Auto: 528i xDrive
AFAIK, the S6WAA has reacher (higher resolution) graphics /design, and can dub more information from the central monitor (like the nav directions, etc.)
__________________
previous: 2003 E46 330i SMG
current: 2013 F10 528i xDrive
on order: Golf R mk7 DSG

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:31 AM
grover432 grover432 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 556
Mein Auto: 2013 535 X Drive M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldCAD View Post
AFAIK, the S6WAA has reacher (higher resolution) graphics /design, and can dub more information from the central monitor (like the nav directions, etc.)
Do you have the option in your car?
__________________
2013 535 XDrive Arctic White/Black Dakota/Anthracite Trim/M Sport/Executive Package/BMW Apps
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:36 AM
MoldCAD's Avatar
MoldCAD MoldCAD is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Poland
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,010
Send a message via Skype™ to MoldCAD
Mein Auto: 528i xDrive
Yes I do - but I have no "regular" one at hand to compare it to, hence guessing In Poland, the extended dashboard display comes packed with Navi Pro, so I didn't choose it deliberately.
__________________
previous: 2003 E46 330i SMG
current: 2013 F10 528i xDrive
on order: Golf R mk7 DSG

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:40 AM
grover432 grover432 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 556
Mein Auto: 2013 535 X Drive M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldCAD View Post
Yes I do - but I have no "regular" one at hand to compare it to, hence guessing In Poland, the extended dashboard display comes packed with Navi Pro, so I didn't choose it deliberately.
I guess I'll check it out when it gets here. BTW, I ordered a winter set of Dunlop snows and "Rial Salerno" wheels, which I learned are manufactured in Poland. We're like brothers.
__________________
2013 535 XDrive Arctic White/Black Dakota/Anthracite Trim/M Sport/Executive Package/BMW Apps
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:50 AM
MoldCAD's Avatar
MoldCAD MoldCAD is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Poland
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,010
Send a message via Skype™ to MoldCAD
Mein Auto: 528i xDrive
I also have Dunlops as my winter set (though on OEM wheels) - and am very satisfied with them; in fact they are much less harsh and noisy than my summer Contis (OEM with the M350 wheels). I hope your "made in Poland" wheels are going to work well .

Good luck with your new F10!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-07-2013, 09:22 AM
grover432 grover432 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 556
Mein Auto: 2013 535 X Drive M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldCAD View Post
I also have Dunlops as my winter set (though on OEM wheels) - and am very satisfied with them; in fact they are much less harsh and noisy than my summer Contis (OEM with the M350 wheels). I hope your "made in Poland" wheels are going to work well .

Good luck with your new F10!
The Tire Rack (major online seller in the USA) says they are very well made. Glad to hear the Dunlops are working out for you. I bought Wintersport SP 3D DSST run flats.
__________________
2013 535 XDrive Arctic White/Black Dakota/Anthracite Trim/M Sport/Executive Package/BMW Apps
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-07-2013, 10:47 AM
raleedy's Avatar
raleedy raleedy is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oregon
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,129
Mein Auto: 2013 F10 528i
I have the standard display in a 2013 F10. My car has a stand-alone NAV option; the 6WA display was an item in the Technology Package -- part of the US option and package configuration for 2013 -- that my car does not have. As far as I can see, the display contents are the same for the two -- just in slightly different locations and with more sophisticated graphics on the 6WA. There are some other parts of the Technology Package, like Real Time Traffic Information, that probably affect the display contents. My car has just "Traffic Information" as a part of the Nav system. The real, substantive upgrade seems to be the 6WB, with instrument displays that can be configuredin different ways. It also appears as if the instrument panel is a "plug and play" module that can be swapped out fairly easily, with a bit of coding required. There are some YouTube uploads you can find on this subject.

Last edited by raleedy; 11-07-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-07-2013, 12:33 PM
grover432 grover432 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 556
Mein Auto: 2013 535 X Drive M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleedy View Post
I have the standard display in a 2013 F10. My car has a stand-alone NAV option; the 6WA display was an item in the Technology Package -- part of the US option and package configuration for 2013 -- that my car does not have. As far as I can see, the display contents are the same for the two -- just in slightly different locations and with more sophisticated graphics on the 6WA. There are some other parts of the Technology Package, like Real Time Traffic Information, that probably affect the display contents. My car has just "Traffic Information" as a part of the Nav system. The real, substantive upgrade seems to be the 6WB, with instrument displays that can be configuredin different ways. It also appears as if the instrument panel is a "plug and play" module that can be swapped out fairly easily, with a bit of coding required. There are some YouTube uploads you can find on this subject.
Thanks for the explanation. I don't think I'd go to the trouble of swapping displays. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to all of this modding stuff. I tend to try and buy the car the way I want it (most cost efficient) and then just complain about what I didn't get and then get it on the next car. The limit to my "modding" will probably be to get the warning bells for some stuff turned off and the warning on nav startup removed. Beyond that, I think I'll leave the rest for the next car.
__________________
2013 535 XDrive Arctic White/Black Dakota/Anthracite Trim/M Sport/Executive Package/BMW Apps
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms